1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I know why, I'm just looking whether or not Gazebo would incorporate an element that prevents City-States from gifting so.

2. FredyZoR

FredyZoR Chieftain

This mod is currently being blocked by JFD's Rise to power as "(7) Events and Decisions (CBP)" any way to get around this?

3. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

I asked to Chrisy15 for the way how to make RtP work with this mod. This is the reply. [WIP] Rise to Power | Page 132 | CivFanatics Forums

4. Y.O.

Y.O. Chieftain

So you're probably not adding more features, or changing anything, but I figure to ask anyway. Is there any reason why I would want to use the Huns "Demand ransom" decision? Feels like I would be better off negotiating peace through normal means, especially if capitulation is an option. Maybe remove the option, "must be able to make peace," or would that make it OP?

5. Enginseer

Probably you're right. I'll do it whether I get the chance to now. (Real life has such complications)

6. Y.O.

Y.O. Chieftain

Definitely! I think you could even remove the peace aspect all together and just make it a lump sum a goal during a war.

7. Enginseer

Agreed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  8. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

No more free Ballistas right as building up my army to begin making attack runs. :( I honestly can't remember the last game I didn't get at least one.

9. Drakul

Drakul Chieftain

Civ specific decisions are displayed as text_key_ and there is no info what they mean. I am using mostly mods that add wonder,the full CBP with vox populi,Community events,community patch mod compability files,cultural diversity core,jfd mercenaries,historical religions,realy advanced setup and longer eras CBP compatible. Could it be one of these mods ?

10. Enginseer

mhmmm... i don't have any pictures to see what it means, but if I had to guess it would be cultural diversity.

11. Drakul

Drakul Chieftain

OK.Thanks Enginseer. :) I will now test it without Cultural Diversity. There is a new great mod by Framedarchitect named "Economics" on Steam. I recommend you try it out and see if it can be made compatible with CBP. :D

12. Y.O.

Y.O. Chieftain

So I was playing with England, and realize that my composite bowmen had no way of upgrading to Longbowman after I unlocked the decision. I assume this is intentional for all units added by the mod? If so, how could I make a change myself?

13. Enginseer

This gives me an idea now for that UnitUpgraded GameEvent...

14. Drakul

Drakul Chieftain

What also about unique promotions event for units ? Something like : Years of fighting with the bow made our units develop new abilites and then you choose from 2-3 different,special promotions which ones but at a price in money,culture or whatever. XD The decision system could also get more faith based decisions. Lame that most faith based decisions are basicly geting some minor faith,culture,science. -.- A good idea would also be to tie the decision and event system with monopolies so that resources play a part in the event and decision system.

15. Enginseer

I've been trying to formulate on that concept, but time is a constraint on my part.

16. Y.O.

Y.O. Chieftain

With the Zulu decision to spawn more troops, it looks like my units do not get the special promotions? Thanks for the work btw! Mod adds such flavor when playing as different Civs. Had so much fun playing with the Ottomans.

17. Jarula

Jarula Chieftain

For some reason skola isn't showing up I think it has to do with either this or the EE mod...?

18. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

It seems that +1 Prod to Paper Maker effect of China's 'Establish the Imperial Exams' decision doesn't work.

19. Enginseer

Fixed for next version.
    No idea.
    Special promotion as in what? They're spawned by Lua(Sukritact's way) rather than DLL(Dummy policies)... hm.

Aldebaran1997 likes this.
  20. Y.O.

Y.O. Chieftain

The Promotions from their UB. Conscripted ones do, but not the ones generated by the decision.