1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

hmm I forgot to readjust some event yields.

2. Lifariz

Lifariz Chieftain

Like most things on VP... scale it with Era! Yay!

3. Enginseer

Before the VP came with that concept, it scales upon game turns.

4. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Your Civpedia edit to Roman Forum is out of date, as it no longer gives a free Chancery.

5. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Ok, a more substantive comment now. The Austrian Decision 'Tu Felix' is too good. +15 with every CS starting in the Classical Era for every GP is just really powerful. Its 520 AD and the only nonally of the ten on my continent is because the Ottomans poured a ton into their neighbor CS, but I have 150 points with them too.

Had another game once where AI Austria had about 25 allies herself.

6. ashendashin

ashendashin Chieftain

A lot of things are OP right now. Some were more obvious as to what Enginseer forgot to adjust, so I went in to do it myself. But playing through the whole thing and there's simply too many positive outcomes that are too strong on their own. More negative events would probably do well for this, as I barely notice the few there are. I'd also say that this mod combined with Unique City-States is a bit...well I'm having fun at least. I wish the AI put more work into grabbing up a variety of City-States because the Unique aspect is way too strong to let me horde so many of them. E&D makes it really easy to ally everything with all the gold and emissaries it provides.

Also some decisions don't work. Confession of Faith only provides culture when it says production too (looks a bit insane with both though). The ability to build Hanse in half the time for Germany doesn't work either.

Notes on balance:
    The mercenaries event makes it far too easy to get loads of Mandekalu Cavalry. Only 150 gold and the default frequency is pretty high. Once you get the first two you're practically guaranteed to get more.
    Monstrous Beast comes often and with loads of production. I personally set it down to 35 production. Possibly too many golden age points as well.
    Social Reform gives waaaay too much culture. 90 seemed sensible for how early it pops up.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Enginseer likes this.
  7. Lifariz

Lifariz Chieftain

Well playing as korea and india on ynaemp, I kept getting the flood and invasive species bad event. My capital has endured 4 or 5 barb events at 250 turns on marathon... Most bad events have ways to avert them so you don't feel like there are enough bad events. I'm already used to laying down my cities on rivers or building a well asap so fire events are prevented.

Other events require something to prevent them from becoming bad events so you just gotta be prepared. On the top of my head placing placing 1 idle worker per city, 2 unit garrisons on all cities(or 1 + cavalry between cities), building on rivers or making a well asap, stocking up around 5k gold all the time, and building universities asap before ending medieval era would prevent common bad events. Rng acquired bad events like that invasive species on a farming civ is a serious annoyance though.

The good thing about EaD is that you can choose if you prepare the requirements. The plague event as well as dot only tooltips need to be fixed though. More events probably won't hurt.

How do you counter the comet event? Time and again it places me at a bad place during ancient era wonder races... Until I spammed scouts and just built all the ancient wonders with supplies and trees.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  8. ashendashin

ashendashin Chieftain

Yeah the main problem is how easily avoidable many of the bad outcomes are. Oh man I hated the comet event on 43 civs. Those few turns stopped pantheons, wonders, settlers, anything that would give me a positive outlook on a Deity game... Nearly stopped me from playing with this ever again. A fix to events brought me back. I gotta say the -1:c5food: event is an annoying one that hasn't failed to pop up so far. It would've definitely hampered my growth do if not for Unique City-States. Little else like those though and I'd prefer some simple edits to how often the avoidable ones come up and maybe some new common negative events to balance them out. I think fluctuating happiness would be fitting for new events. I feel too many positive vibes as it is.
    Unique City-States would need a hell of a lot of work to get both in some semblance of sense though. The yields get absolutely insane if you focus on CSs.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  9. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

You can't get the Invasive Species -1 Food on farms event if you don't let the Foreign Advisor go on a mission, which is good with how annoying and uncounterable it is.

Enginseer and ashendashin like this.
  10. Enginseer

There's a way to counter the problem in the atomic era, but eh. I'm working on a way for a solution.

I'm surprised to see the Event Fix that Gazebo made has encouraged discussion in the E&D and CE now.

Erikose, ashendashin and pandasnail like this.
  11. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

If you're working on stuff, another weird thing is that through the Civilization Events, every civ gets a free Classical Era great person, which means if you found, you can just wait for that event to fire to enhance and spend all faith on Missionaries/Buildings immediately without downside. Not sure exactly how to fix

(I know that's Hokath's event, but so is the Foreign Advisor so I guess you've taken over his)

Enginseer likes this.
  12. Enginseer

CBP E&D Compatibility has been put into Support Phase until further notice. For what is support phase, look up AOEO's definition of that. Last hotfix for version 14.
    Not save-game compatible obviously.

Attached Files:

13. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Game crashed when I tried to upgrade a Cuir after using the Comanche Nations Decision. Is there a log or anything I should post?

Also, if its related in some way to my computer being very lowgrade is it safe for me to just delete the upgrading LUA? Its a nice idea, but I don't need for this mod to be fun. Its this stuff at the bottom, yeah?

if load(pPlayer, "Decisions_ShoshoneComanche") == true then
    local pUnit = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(iNewUnit)
    if pUnit:GetUnitType() == iCavalry then
    local pPlot = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(iNewUnit):GetPlot()
    pUnit:Kill(false, -1)
    local iBringerofDeath = pPlayer:InitUnit(iComanche, pPlot:GetX(), pPlot:GetY())
    iBringerofDeath:JumpToNearestValidPlot()
    iBringerofDeath:SetExperience(pPlayer:GetUnitByID(iOldUnit):GetExperience())
    end
    end

14. Enginseer

You could just delete the upgrading Lua.
    Although you only have to delete the GameEvents that the function represents.

pandasnail likes this.
  15. Barak

Barak Chieftain

With the Changes to Shoshone in the may 22nd version, do you plan on updating this mod to be compatible with the new Shoshone?

Thanks in advance...

16. Enginseer

I would but I'm busy right now with rl stuff.

17. Enginseer

Not save-game compatible obviously.

Attached Files:

18. Zarrk

Zarrk Chieftain

Thanks for the quick update, it seems to be working fine.
    I never played The Soshones with E&D (both versions) though so I'm asking isn't founding the Comanche Nation overpriced ? 4 Magistrates for 3 riders and 5 horses plus 30 culture per unused horse (including the 5 from the decision) seems hardly justifiable maybe reducing to 2 magistrates.

19. Enginseer

Eh, magistrates are easily earned through Great Diplomats and there's that one +3 magistrate random event popping up randomly if you do get the chance...

I'll think about it.

20. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

I think it's very low-priced. Maybe need additional gold cost or something.