CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

This was absolutely a gem for VP, maybe is a bit unbalanced but I literally cannot play without it.
Vanilla civs are obviously a bit stronger than modded ones because they lack civ-specific decisions unfortunately
Hope one day someone so kind-hearted will update the Enginseer mods, truly gems imo

This was absolutely a gem for VP, maybe is a bit unbalanced but I literally cannot play without it.
Vanilla civs are obviously a bit stronger than modded ones because they lack civ-specific decisions unfortunately
Hope one day someone so kind-hearted will update the Enginseer mods, truly gems imo
I'm playing with it and it works just fine. I also have this other mod, which gives some decisions where you have to use magistrates, it is also working with no problems. I play with 32 mods + 5 additional civs. Balance is secondary thing for me, my games are rich with extra stuff, events are awesome.

The only problem for an update of this mod is that it could be a HUGE work, fixing all the unbalanced things, change something, e.g. China decision still refers to papermaker that in VP 3.7 doesn't exist anymore or some Civs like Brazil that, with a decision, gains an effective bonus unit (for Brazil Pracinha). Also, some Decisions are no more balanced with standards of VP nowadays. But I deeply understand the mod author to not work on it anymore: there are 86 decisions to check at minimum, and some other stuff to do, so the only thing I'd do if I was the mod author would be to fix some duplicate and e.g. China decisions and no more; balancing things would be just too much.

Anyway, this mod is not so unbalanced, at least I think is more balanced than a heavy modlist setup; nowadays, I still use this mod, Sometimes I delete the vanilla civ's decisions just because I play with custom VP Civs, so I prefer everyone not to have Unique Decisions. I love the Morality part and the bonus it gives.

Last edited:
Alright, I finally got around to review and fix/balance all the core and civ-specific decisions (if the civ is not listed below in the changelog, it means that all their decisions work fine or/and I didn't change anything to them). These changes do not fix this mod events that will hang your game, turn them OFF in the mod settings file. The maybe-bad news is that I am using VP 2.7.3, the last version before VP 3.X.X for playtesting. If anyone wants to continue to work on this for VP 3.X.X and 4.X.X, please go right ahead.

Installation: overwrite the original files with the ones attached here

Changelog:

1/ CORE:
-General decisions all work fine, just fixed some text and buff Tax Reform decision to give Gold 2x the Culture spent for that decision.

2/ RELIGION:
-No change, everything is fine here.

3/ CIV-specific:
-Morocco: Changed 'Gold from Kill' ability to 'Culture from Kill' ability for Plunder Campaign decision, because the gold bonus doesn’t work. Fixed text description for the special promotion from the Establish the Black Guard decision.

-Rome: Fixed Introduce Concrete decision activation requirement and changed Science cost to Gold cost.

-Germany: Fixed Hanse half build time bonus for Regulate the Zunfte decision.

-Venice: no change. For the Relic of St. Mark decision, I don’t know if the St Mark’s Basilica Wonder ‘bonus culture from trade routes’ ability work (the code for it is too advanced for me and too complicated to test), you still get the free great work item though...

-India: Changed House of Worship decision to only need 1 religion in your empire instead of more than 1.

-Denmark: Removed the ‘8 units’ restriction for Formalize the Thing decision.

-Polynesia: Changed requirement of Revive the Runanga decision from between Industrial-Modern to between Classical-Medieval eras

-Austria: Changed Tu Felix Austria Nube decision to only be enacted from beginning of Medieval Era.

-France: Fixed Grand Armee decision to properly give Gunpower units their special promotion.

-Babylon: Fixed text description of Collate the Star Catalogue decision.

-Shoshone: Changed Found the Comanche Nation decision to cost 2 Magistrates instead of 4.

-Egypt: Changed Establish the Nomes decision to give Gold equal to 2x the amount of Faith spent. Empower Nomarch and Empower Pharaoh decisions deleted because they don’t work properly.

-Korea: Changed Introduce Hangel decision to not require Science cost.

-Zulu: Changed Implement Amabutho Conscription decision to only cost 2 instead of 3 Magistrates.

-Byzantium: Added an extra reward to Establish the Succession Law decision to also give Culture equal to 2x the amount of Gold spent.

-USA: Changed Louisiana Purchase decision to require player to be at least in Industrial Era.

-Lastly, all unique units you can acquire through decisions (Great Galleass, Longbowman, Pracinha .etc.) are updated to VP 2.7.3 the best that I can do - such as proper prereq and obsolete techs, proper unit strength when compared to their normal versions .etc.

Attachments

• (8) Events and Decisions (CBO) (v 14) - 19 JAN 24 update.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Top Bottom