1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CDG Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Blatc, Jan 4, 2016.

1. beetle

beetle Chieftain

Sounds good @raider980. I am play testing an Aztec map that I am pretty happy with so far. Settings are:
    • Map Type: Lakes
    • Bodies of Water: Small Lakes
    • Temperature: Temperate (that is the default)
    • Rainfall: Wet
    • Wold Age: 3 Billion Years (default is 4)
    So lots of hills and forest, in addition to the inland water. I also picked Strategic Balance for Resources and Raging Barbarians.

Potential achievements (each maxes at six points): 1 per 3 Jaguars; 1 per level 5 Jaguars (can be upgraded); 1 per expo w/ Floating Gardens. I would like to have a couple more, so please make suggestions.

It is a good map inasmuch that I am really struggling with it!

Strategic Balance did not seem to work, since I did not have horses. Also, many resource plots only had a single instance. Is any of that a result that might be expected?

The single row of ice at the top and bottom messes with the AI as they are happy to plant “coastal” cities. If I share this map, I will use IGE to convert the ice to coastal ocean.

I am pretty sure this is the same script I used for the CDG Denmark map (except that Temperature was “Cool” instead of “Temperate”, and Resources was “Standard” instead of “Strategic Balance”). The map is tighter on space than I was anticipating, but I think that’s what I should have expected.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2018
  2. raider980

raider980 Chieftain

England game is up!

Achievements are slightly different from what I listed in this thread. Also, I don't know how to insert an image in a spoiler so I attached the starting screenshot as a separate file.

3. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

Add a line like this

[SPOILE="name of the pic"] [ATTAC=full]123456[/ATTACH] [/SPOILER]

- add the ***R*** to the SPOILE* to make it actually work
    - add the *** H *** to the ATTAC* as well

- replace the ***name of the pic*** with something descriptive or leave it empty
    - replace the *** 123456 *** with the number of your pic. You'll find the proper # by mouseover the uploaded pic and checking its address.

edit: 497711 in this particular case.

4. beetle

beetle Chieftain

I have an Aztec map ready to be shared. Large Lakes seems nicer than Small Lakes, but still had the rings of ice at top and bottom (as I now assume is typical, and which I will convert to ocean). Map is on the harder side, I lost by CV on T297, so I will be playing the lite version (which will have a fun, but maybe OP, buff). Absent discussion to the contrary, I plan to post on the 22nd or 23rd.

I am going to start rolling Rome maps, starting with HB Continents using High Sea Level (as the other HB maps used in the CDG series have had too much land for my liking). Start will be flat coastal with a river, so as to unlock the UA for extra buildings.

I am hoping @Grendeldef will post his Carthage map before one or both of the above!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  5. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

Oh, don't count on me while the World Cup is going on especially while there're 3 or 4 games a day played. When the playoffs start and there'll be only 2 games a day I'm slowly starting to join the human race again and interact with fellow organic life forms.

6. mbbcam

mbbcam Chieftain

7. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

Every year is a good year for a World Cup - peeps can then decide which one to follow. I'll stick with the current one, though.

8. beetle

beetle Chieftain

Aztec map is up and I have Rome map ready to share whenever (HB, low sea level), aimed for builders. I rolled until I had a flat river coastal start.

We are down to ten civs remaining for the series, and I do like closure:

Carthage . . Gren, will be friendly towards the UA
    Dutch
    Egypt
    Greeks
    India . . . . . . Beetle, CV friendly
    Japan
    Mongolia . . . Gren, pure domination
    Morocco
    Rome . . . . . Beetle
    Siam

There is a Bollywood badge for CV with India on three cities or less which I have never been able to make work. I am going to try and cook a map towards that.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  9. consentient

consentient Domination!

Can I do an Alex map on Huge with handpicked opponents to approximate his real conquests?

10. consentient

consentient Domination!

11. mbbcam

mbbcam Chieftain

Very revealing ;)

Looked rather as if Wales didn't want to be there!

12. beetle

beetle Chieftain

Yes please!

FWIW, I tried, but I never did roll an India map that I thought was worth sharing.

I did make a Rome maps too, but it was kind of mediocre, and I never did share it. I need help with achievements for that one.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018