CFC Handwriting Thread (from Random Rants ΠΑ)

MaryKB

Goddess Queen
Supporter
Rant: I'm trying to write but the sun is glaring on my monitor.
Do you write from scratch on your computer?

I find I prefer writing by hand, and then later typing things up. On my birthday (November 2nd) I'm starting a yoga-writing group, which combines yoga exercises with writing, I'm really looking forward to that.

Do you write from scratch on your computer?

I find I prefer writing by hand, and then later typing things up.

I used to do that, but I can't hold a pencil properly anymore.

"This is what happens if I try to write faster."

Awwww, I'm so sorry @aimeeandbeatles :(

I just wrote something quick, this is my "rushed" handwriting. I was thinking about everyone in the Rants thread here.

fWG7NAUMRKO-N41rlUU5QQ.jpg

Mary flexing her "I can write a poem on a whim" muscle.

Also: My cursive borders on Russian cursive in terms of legibility, so I write in block letters. And it's still barely legible in that form too.

Also: My cursive borders on Russian cursive in terms of legibility, so I write in block letters. And it's still barely legible in that form too.

In elementary school, they kept telling us that we had to use cursive because junior high/high school teachers wouldn't accept printing.

Turns out they didn't care.

In elementary school, they kept telling us that we had to use cursive because junior high/high school teachers wouldn't accept printing.

Turns out they didn't care.

I had exactly one teacher in high school that demanded cursive for essays.

But then the high school was all: "Dude, cursive? Just type them." and overruled him.

Anyways, here's my writing.

Moderator Action: This seemed like an interesting topic in itself (and not very ranty), so I've split it off into a new thread.

You'd better post a sample of your handwriting!

My father once described my handwriting as being worse than a drunken spider. (The actual word implied that the spider was intellectually challenged, but forum etiquette disapproves of the precise word he chose.)

I went to a catholic school and if I picked up a pen the wrong way (which I did often) the nuns would wack my hand with a ruler. After a year of having bleeding knuckles I decided to fight back by taking piano lessons up in the Convent taught by one of the nuns. After that day, the word from God went out and none of the nuns were now allowed to touch my hands. I still hold the pen improperly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't imagine it being any worse than my fast handwriting sample. :banana:

Oh well, since you insisted, full marks to anyone who can explain what I've written.

Spoiler :
0.jpg

I can see "Versailles" and "Terra Mystica." So, uh, an incantation to summon demons?

I don't write in enormous letters - that's just taken to fill the phone screen.

Top Bottom