CFC Steam Group

I probably don't have time, but I have some interest, and kill fire certainly has time. Not sure if he's interested, though...

We'll see after GDC next week or E3 in July. If it's true, the best part would be the standardized PC specs. Imagine if Firaxis only needed to develop Civ 4 or 5 for what Valve set. It would likely cut down on a lot of launch issues for games, especially if players were already using Valve-approved PCs anyway.

Considering how many people who had great PCs had (and maybe still do have) trouble running Civ5 on high with large maps and lots of AIs (or at all) it would help Firaxis more if they spent more time and did a better job of making their games.

I agree with you on that point but that's not quite what I said. Just getting the game to run at all is more challenging than it should be for too many game releases.

The vast majority of the games I've installed go install, enter CD key, play, enjoy! It has only been a few very buggy releases that caused problems and that wasn't the fault of my computer (except a few on my old XP install, but that was because it seriously needed to be reformatted and was a very cluttered and old install, something a "Steam box" wouldn't solve).

Hey everyone, if you like Team Fortress 2 and you like Mafia Games, kill fire and I are hosting a Team Fortress 2 Mafia Game, and you should sign up for it, and it will be awesome.

Do you want hats?

Well, my sig does say something about Hats... :mischief: I'm not sure how many we could put in the game, though. There's like a million in TF2. :p

My steam username is SamSniped, and if you want to play CoD4 with me when the PC I play it on gets fixed, my XFire usenamename is samsniped (however, the name you will see for me for XFire is -=RiP=- SamSniped)

Are the game servers down for anyone else?

Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor, to be exact, although it's the same for all Steam MP games.

The servers list in the main Steam menu works fine, but when I try to connect from there, the game fails to connect to the server.

It's happened before, but this time resetting the .blob file didn't work. Might this have something to do with the update that the engines for TF2 went through?

Whoops, never mind, it started working again. Maybe I should whine about things not working more often. :D

Whoops, never mind, it started working again. Maybe I should whine about things not working more often. :D
Maybe Gabe will listen to you! ;)

Jacknife's my Steam Profile here. I usually spend my time playing TF2 on Steam as slightly above-average spy.

Why we no have any contests?