Champions of Mystara - Preview Thread

I think you're entitled to it; you've been lumped with Vista :)

I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I've had little problems with various things with my new computer that I never got with my old Windows XP computer. I have to say I'm starting to see what the negativity was about.

Anyways, here's the culture advisor. I got Poser to work enough to finish it.

Attachments

• CultureAdvPreview.jpg
    CultureAdvPreview.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 95
i know you already done a military advisor and he is cool looking but what if you him a orc instead

I was going to replace my military advisor with a dwarf, but I may do an orc as well. I'll just see how Poser keeps going and whether it'll delay my mod too much, but I was thinking of some humanoid advisors at some point such as orcs, goblins, or ogres for a later scenario.

Grandaem have you thought about the cities? I would be honoured if you used my german set for example :)

I haven't yet worried too much about the cities, but I will look into it first thing once I'm done with the advisors, then finished adding units. I will definitely be considering your German set.:)

Even though it was a distraction (which unfortunately happens to me too often), here is an orc advisor I created. He's a D&D style orc. I'll be using him eventually for a Broken Lands scenario I'll be doing once my base Mystara mod is done. He'll be posted with the other advisors in a big fantasy advisor pack.

Attachments

• OrcAdvPreview.jpg
    OrcAdvPreview.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 74
Whoa he looks great i think you should just make him the standard D&D military advisor

Thanks.:) Actually, this next guy is going to be my military advisor for my mod.

As you can see, Poser has been kind to me of late. Miraculously, no problems whatsoever, even though I've been making about 20 Poser save files per advisor, just in case.

Now to get back to the foreign advisor...

Attachments

• DwarfAdvPreview.jpg
    DwarfAdvPreview.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 127

Attachments

• ElfAdvPreview.jpg
    ElfAdvPreview.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 137
Especially the orc and the elf are really fantastic, please do not change a single brushstroke about them! The elf is immediately recogniseable as an elf, yet it are only subtle touches that distinguish her from a human being. Her expressions are excellent as well.
And they're giving just the right flavour for a game like Mystara.

:hatsoff: Thank you, Optional.

Here's the final advisor, the domestic advisor. Now I only have to create the advisor_tab.pcx for the download file. For the Mystara mod I'm using aaglo's excellent 'generic' advisor tabs, the ones with symbols representing each advisor, but I've gotta create one with these advisors for anyone wishing to use any of them for other mods.

The domestic advisor:

Attachments

• DomesticAdvPreview.jpg
    DomesticAdvPreview.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 79
Here's a few pics of a few of the advisors ingame.:)

Attachments

• InGame1.jpg
    InGame1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 86
  • InGame2.jpg
    InGame2.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 66
  • InGame3.jpg
    InGame3.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 72
Beautiful stuff Grandraem! :thumbsup: My one though is that the dwarf in the last pic might just fly off on me...

Beautiful stuff Grandraem! :thumbsup: My one though is that the dwarf in the last pic might just fly off on me...

:lol: Those wings are part of the pic behind him. But I was noticing that myself and thinking that it looked a little odd with little wings on either side of the advisors heads.

Stormrage,
I haven't worried about the terrain yet. I still just have the base Firaxis terrain. I figured that that would be one of the last things I would deal with, as I'd have to decide about LM Terrain as well at that point.
Actually, my boss' number is kind of my own right now. I quit my crappy job to make a go at working for myself, but that unfortunately doesn't give me more time to work on my civ stuff. But if the Taskmaster wants to take care of some things, I'll send him my bills to pay.:p

I'm not going to worry about creating citizens right now. Creating the advisors took so long that I think I'd better finish up with the units, then get on to cities, followed by resources. Unless I'm forgetting something, those are really the only main concerns left before a quite playable version of the mod is ready. Then there should be only minor issues like certain graphics and making sure the civilopedia is complete, as well as possibly redoing the diplomacy text. But I may leave a few of those things for a patch, so I can get the mod uploaded. Oh yeah, and the terrain still needs dealing with.;)

There might not be much to show here for a bit while I finish with my units and catch up with replacing some with Sandris units. I could post a detailed pic of unit lines but the amount of time it would take to make I'd rather devote to working on the mod for now.

Top Bottom