Champions of Mystara - Preview Thread

Well, Steph`s new editor should speed things up, no? :)

I'm sure hoping so. Unfortunately, most of the units are added now, and I'm rushing full steam ahead to get this mod finished. I'm afraid that by the time Steph's editor is fully capable of handling custom mods my mod might be done.

I always hated the original civ science and military advisors, so I decided to stop seeing them every time I test something I added to the mod. Here's my finished science advisor. I didn't really need to hold up adding the units again, but I was going to make these graphics eventually, so I decided to now.

I know that his head is kind of big for his body, but I tried to match the big head with that of the original advisors. It looks a little odd here, but I'm really happy with how it looks ingame.

I'll post all my advisors for download when they're all finished.

Attachments

• ScienceAdvPreview.jpg
    ScienceAdvPreview.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 88
I can't wait to see these uploaded. :)

Thanks guys.:)

Here's the preview of the Military Advisor. It includes an alternate Ancient Era version.

Attachments

• MilitaryAdvPreview.jpg
    MilitaryAdvPreview.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 91
I know that his head is kind of big for his body, but I tried to match the big head with that of the original advisors.
Is it not more important that the advisors match each other in size instead of the original advisors? Maybe it's also the fact that his shoulderline is always straight here that makes it look a bit funny (first two ages only, last two ages clothing covers it).
Your military advisor has got shoulders that move WITH his head. Making at least that preview look more convincing.

It's great imagery! You can be sure that, if you make this available for download, a lot of people will be immediately on top of it. Hehe, I think even the playmates will get dumped. :D

Maybe it's also the fact that his shoulderline is always straight here that makes it look a bit funny (first two ages only, last two ages clothing covers it).
Your military advisor has got shoulders that move WITH his head. Making at least that preview look more convincing.

Sorry for not answering sooner, Optional. I thought I'd have the next preview done and would post with that preview, but as it turned out I didn't really get a chance to work much on my civ stuff last week.

The science advisor's shoulder's do move a little, but I did emphasize the movement more with the military advisor, which I agree does look a little more convincing.

Thanks for the positive comments. Not sure that the playmate advisors will get replaced by many people, though.:lol:

Here's the preview of the trade advisor. The last two advisors will be female, as they are now outnumbered. I'll also have to redo the military advisor.:sad: I'll still be posting this one for download though, as it's already done. I'm replacing the military advisor with a dwarf because I realized that this guys scarred eye will kind of match my King Hord LH, which would look a little silly if you have them both in the same game, unless we're looking at the matching scars of FFVIII. The dwarf probably won't get done till last though, I want to finish the whole set first. I guess alternately I could do a temporary replacement without the scar and damaged eye, using the same files... Well, I'll see what I feel like when I'm done the set.:)

Attachments

• TradeAdvPreview.jpg
    TradeAdvPreview.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 80
Looking good. :thumbsup: It would be great to have some for lotr...

Thanks.:)

Hmm... I just realized that there are 3 more advisors, not 2...

Crap, I thought I was almost done.:(

D&D Mod: Champions of Mystara - Coming 2010! :mischief:

:lol: You would think so. Anyone who's followed my mod will have seen that date change many times.

This time for sure it'll be done this year, unless of an 'Act of God'. Otherwise, I'm determined to get it done.:D

I'll be looking out for what you'll be doing with the next advisors! Maybe go for something fresh faced, as both your trade- and scientific advisor are grey haired.

:( I've been having a lot of problems with Poser 6 with Windows Vista lately. I know it says that it isn't supported for it, but my new computer renders way faster than my old one. I tried reinstalling, because I never used to have as many problems (mainly it keeps freezing up on me). I copied all the relevant files, including saved files, to a separate disk drive, then uninstalled. For some inexplicable reason, my Poser files for my advisors have disappeared... now ... going... insane... :twitch: ...

I still have the finished files, but not the base figures from the saves. I guess the military advisor won't be replaced by one without the scarred eye any more. :( When I'm done the final three advisors, which won't have grey hair ;), I'll have to redo the military advisor. He'll probably become a dwarf, as I mentioned earlier.

Anyways, all the nonsense with Poser seems mostly resolved. Once reinstalled everything seems to be much better. I've had the odd problem, but it's working much smoother, so I'll be finishing some more advisors soon.

[pissed]

AAAAGGH!!!

Sorry for the spam, I'm just really annoyed. I spent lots of time creating an advisor, dressing it for each era, moving the body poses, and giving expressions, and the only era I forgot to make a new backup save-I realized, and kind of panicked given how screwy my Poser has been. I loaded it up to make a second save file ... and it won't load anything!!!! I'm really, really, really frustrated. I'm gonna have to call or email tech support. They might just tell me that Poser 6 isn't supported for Vista, but it used to work much better than it has lately, even though I uninstalled and reinstalled it.
With all the problems I've had, 3d graphics making will probably end for a while after these advisors are done, as I've had nothing but headaches with it of late.

Sorry for the rant.:badcomp:

Why did you install Vista in the first place? :confused:

My new computer came with Vista already installed. :(

Sorry for the childish tantrum by the way. I'm much calmer now.:)

Top Bottom