Change England to Britain

Would you agree with changing the England civ name to Britain?

• Yes

Votes: 133 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 29.3%

• Total voters
It's something to do inbetween lectures and exams and it fills me with glee to prove people wrong and resort to non effectual arguments :rolleyes:

A pissing contest where the point is to piss off :)

HEY EVERYBODY- look at this thread, it's at the top of the list... it must be important :lol: j/k

Great job keeping the thread alive, Phallus, Kairob, BCLG100, blitzkrieg80, maybe even a little of Edungeon too!

English Laws customs and traditions dominated Britian from 1707 onwards.

QUOTE]

To the best of my knoweledge Scotland kept its own law.

Member countries of the UK have contributed a lot to the BRITISH empire. Think where you would be without trains, telephone and T.V. All of these were invented by Scots.

2/3 of the leaders for England (In the game) Ruled Britain not England. The redcoat to the best of my knoweledge was British.

Being British and Scottish i fell strongly that England should be changed to Britain. For those of you that wish to play as Britain. There is a MOD in the MOD database under New Civilisations.

No, bollocks. The English were the CLEAR dominant people in the making of the British Empire. The ENGLISH made the Scots, Whales and the Irish to SUBMIT. They were the ones who conquered these minor neighbors. There will never be a UK without England. England is the centre of all these neighbors.

Long live England.

No that is the only thing that is Bollocks. There was a UNION with Scotland. Scotland did not submit to England. Even to this day Scotland plays a large part in the U.K. The prime-minister is Scottish, The chancellor is Scottish, The home secretary is Scottish. Does anyone see a patern here?. Some of the most important jobs in the daily runnung of the U.K are held by Scots. I am not a fierce Scot who want independance i love Britain and the things we have done including having the largest empire the world has ever senn. That has got to count for something.

I am British and English and this dude does know what he is on about. Being British we do tend to know a little about the way the country was run/does run :). everything about the civ is british apart from the name, and flag.

nope- the spawn is NOT British and you know it... obviously being IN Britain does NOT qualify you for having authoritative knowledge since some of us believe that the Welsh longbow is English and that the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of 800AD can be described by a sole, unimportant Celtic tribe known as the Britons/Pritani...

Yes, the spawn area is "English", but the French spawn area is "Parisian", the German "Prussian", the Spanish "Madrilian", the Arabian "Makkanian", the Turkish "Anatolian".

But after all, it is the flip area that is important, "England" flips Inverness, France Burdigala and Lugdunum, Germany Laibach at least, Arabia Jerusalem, Ur and As-Sur, Turkey As-Sur, Artaxata and mostly some other city as well.

Got it? Now for Gods sake, let that thread rest in peace. If something isn't clear to that day, go look it up on the last 21 pages.

mick

There is plenty of imformantion here for everybody build up their opinion... there isn't anymore that one can say... =P

Why wont rhye listen to us? Its obvious from the poll results that there is an overwhelming majority in favour of Brit - Oh yeah, his "secret" project aka BtS.

Die You Frakking Thread Die!!!

Has any one read steven oppenhimiers new book "The origins of the British". I've just bought it reading it at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Oppenheimer

One of the points it makes is that he thinks the population of SE (London area) was closely related to that of the belgae and tribes around the beligium/holland area. And that they spoke a similar language. Ie early english.

He reckons the "Saxons" were already in place in Britain before the Roman invasion, and the "Anglo-Saxon" invasion was a much smaller intrusion by the just the Angles.

This would explain how English so rapidly replaced the "Bythonic" Language which was meant to spoken in England.

Theres a lot more to the book he even seems to suggest the the lost language of the picts might even be the for runner of Scots(a type of english spoken in scotland).

Top Bottom