Changes for v1.06

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Here is the updated list of changes from v1.05 - v1.06. This list will be updated as development progresses to release of the new version.

ADDS:
- Modified Better BTS AI 0.45
- Exporter trait: Free Cargo Hold promotion (naval) (LooF)
- Seafarer trait: Free Navigation I promotion (naval) (LooF)
- Explorer trait: -50% scout equipment required (LooF)
- New promotion: Cargo Holds - +1 cargo bay (LooF)
- Added ability to change cargo bays by profession (for Zuul)
- Added ability to define a building as single instance (only one allowed for nation) (for Zuul)
- Added ability to define obsoleting building classes (for Zuul)
- Added Regenerate Map button to main menu popup for first turn of the game (like Civ4)

CHANGES:
- Musket price in Europe at game start now 15/13 (note there is still a little randomisation in start price +/-2)
- Pirate Ships not as plentiful
- Prince Henry Aviz: Seafarer (Thanks Ekmek for LH)
- Martim de Sousa: Exporter (Thanks C.Roland for LH)
- Portugal: Explorer
- Upped Looter promotion from +50% to +100% gold from pillaging (LooF)
- Attack crossing river modifier now -20% (was -10%) (LooF)
- Attack from ship modifier now -40% (was -25%, is -20% in vanilla, attempt to fix a single and multiplayer exploit of loading loads of cannons on a ship and attacking without chance of counter attack) (LooF)
- Added +1 horse to stables, +2 horse to ranch, upped costs (LooF)
- Increased gold from capturing enemy colonies up to 20 gold, +20 gold per population (was +10gold per pop) (LooF)
- Increased growth of native villages (reduced threshold for growth by 20%, from 100 to 80) (LooF)
- Changed all Founding Fathers values and free units (LooF)
- Changed all Founding Father traits (LooF)
- Increased Europeans by 1 on each world size (standard and higher has all 6 Europeans)
- Veteran Soldier +50% colony attack & defense.
- New Diplo greet texts for Henry and Sousa (thanks Leonpoi)
- New Europe screen looks like a port (sorry Koma)
- Amphibious promotion now requires Veteran4 (up from Veteran2) (LooF)
- In line with bigger maps and faster immigration, number of game turns for each game speed increased (300/450/900/1200).
- Trade ships (caravel, carrack, fluyt, merchantman, galleon, pirate brig) can trade in European colony ports without open border agreement.
- Disabled cutscenes

FIXES:
- AI will now hurry immigrants on the docks.
- Changed text "Reveals all Tiles with [x]" ... to "Reveals all [x]" to increase on screen space [English only] (LooF)
- Changed text "2x as likely chance to get Treasure from Ancient ruins" (LooF)
- Fixed CTD when clearing specialty within colony screen
- AI will now buy a better navy (some more galleons, but many more combat vessels)
- Tax rate now set to flat 25% after DoI (fixes bug where tax stayed at pre-DoI rates)
- Ships can now "Speak to Chief"
- Must "Speak to Chief" before being able to trade with natives

As mentioned above in the changes, the new Europe screen (sorry Koma). I think this one looks awesome. :)

Dale, I'm no graphical artist, this is no problem ;).
But I have maybe some good news. I met a guy from switzerland in a german civ forum, who is working right now on an improved background for the europe screen. It's still needs some fine tuning, but I think it's an interesting possibility. I will bundle it with the next update.

Wow on both counts!

The first looks like a european village port, feels like its Summer, in Spain or Portugal.
The second could easily be a docks in London or Holland. Nice seagulls!

I want to see a third picture to represent France, with somebody riding a bike along the port, in a stripey top with some french sticks in his backpack! (kidding :p)

They are both seriously ace (is there any possibility of incorporating both or is that a bit of a reach?) - I'd like to see the second with buttons and icons though :D

dale

have you thought of putting some wonders in? but make the wonders historic companies and just have their bonus be that they can automatically consume the resource and produce gold. i.e. a sugar company automatically (if worked) converts sugar to gold in the city where it is built without having to go to europe

But I have maybe some good news. I met a guy from switzerland in a german civ forum, who is working right now on an improved background for the europe screen. It's still needs some fine tuning, but I think it's an interesting possibility. I will bundle it with the next update.
Wow, that's good. Is this in a ready form for use in the mod?

That's awesome! About the only complaint is that the buildings look a little "billboardy", as in they look very 2D.

Maybe is too much, but due that there are already done four different european screens, would be a nice touch adopt one different for each civ.

Personally, I prefer the 2nd Europe one at the moment, though I'd be interested to see how it looks with the overlay. Do the birds and waves animate?

More updates have been added. The most recent is that I've gotten the AI to buy a better navy. :)

It'll now buy more galleons and combat vessels.

I'll try to get a screeny showing this.

Okay, here's the Dutch AI at turn 200, revolutionary difficulty and normal game speed. I'm actually surprised, as no AI has had the DoI yet.

Anyways, two pics showing the AI's naval buildup. :)

Was it really necessary to quote the first line of my last post again and again? :crazyeye:

Do the birds and waves animate?
Right now, no.
But I can make a similar animation effect for the waves like you can see in my current release.

About the only complaint is that the buildings look a little "billboardy", as in they look very 2D.

Well, the buildings are always the weakest link in my releases, right ;)? I'm not sure how much I or Fankman (who created the new background) can alter their look, but I'll try some post effects in GIMP.

Is this in a ready form for use in the mod?

No, the horizon still hasn't the correct position, inbound ship would floating in the air.
Btw, you are easy to scare, my friend. ;)

They are both seriously ace (is there any possibility of incorporating both or is that a bit of a reach?)

Thank you, Jenks. Incorporating both screen should be no problem. Tortuga screen already works like this. But that is a decision Dale has to make.

dale

I have question why is it the natives does not display their product want to trade after I traded with them? In the past patch they always shows what they want

Stop teasing! When can I DL the new 1.06?

As stated, turn increase to allow for exploring all the extended components of the game.

New addition which has been sorely missed:

Trade ships (caravel, carrack, fluyt, merchantman, galleon, pirate brig) can trade in European colony ports without open border agreement.

This should open up the trading game to both the AI and player, and not force you into open border agreements. Traders were generally private citizens happily allowed to trade in other nation's ports without the need for national level trade agreements.

Tax rate now set to flat 25% after DoI (fixes bug where tax stayed at pre-DoI rates)

Top Bottom