1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes you have made to RFC.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by smile286, May 27, 2008.

1. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Yes
    Ja
    Oui
    Ναι

Sim
    Да
    نعم
    Da
    Ano
    Kyllä
    हाँ
    Tak

(Everyone agrees!)

2. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes, Pretty please with something you like on top.

3. Talkie_Toaster

Talkie_Toaster I toast, therefore I am

Ja! JA!
    (10chars)

4. bazooka82

bazooka82 Chieftain

Yes! * 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

5. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I agree and I think their should be ancient religions (greek, egyptian, mesopatmian, judaism and zorastrian) and then after the founding of of Islam and Christianity let the religions slowly die out like they did in real history, i think rhye should add this system into the next update. I'm fed up of having a jewish greece and egypt!

oh and take away the mountain in cuba it makes settling the island a lot harder to do

6. Metal Alloy Man

Ya, last time I checked there wasn't a significantly large mountain in Cuba.

As for the religions system, this is a fault in the civ4 system, not RFC you are talking about. It'd be very hard to implement a system like that due to the civ4 system.

7. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

I think he was thinking of the one next to the spice:

Attached Files:

• cuba.JPG
      cuba.JPG
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
  8. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that Metal Alloy Man was actually referring to the real world and not the RFC map when he posted that statement.

9. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Heck, I play RFC so much I only think of the world in terms of Rhye's map. Hence my misreading of MAM's statement. :lol:

10. The Turk

The Turk Deity

yes i was only talking about the map for RFC (obviously!) and since u can't build a city on jungle yet its a real pain in the neck! and i still say their should be ancient religions or someone should make a mod like that:D

11. Metal Alloy Man

Thank you blizzrd, I colonize Cuba alot and find this mountain very annoying. My previous statement was ,as blizzrd said, talking about real life.

@The Turk:Have you tried Umarth's modcomp that removes Judaism and adds Zoroastrianism?
    Here's the link:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=257663

Edit: oops you did see it and posted in that thread but this is the closest thing to what your looking for that's avaliable at the moment.

12. sgrig

sgrig Comrade

I'll also vote yes on this one. And to be honest I'm quite flattered.

13. Barak

Barak Emperor

It would be a great addition Rhye!

14. Orzio

Orzio Prince

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes :D

15. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

yes! (don't know much about the mod but I wanted to join the wave of enthusiasm for it)

16. Rod

Rod King

I made two changes for the Mercenaries:

1)At first I let them appear in my capital, not in my farthest city.

I believe it is more logical and less annoying. Normally foreign soldiers would head right for the capital in order to meet the person, who has hired them and then to receive their orders. Apart from this it is really annoying when the urgently required Mercs suddenly appear somewhere in the jungles and you need the equivalent of 300 years just to move them to their intented posting.
    Your capital is normally well connected, therefore it is much easier to deploy troops from there.

2) I also changed the delay time. Normally Mercs arrive only the next turn, but this is unlogical as well, because no Merc needs 40 years to reach me after I hired them. Therefore Merc now appear in the same turn when they were hired, but have no movement points.

I believe that the fact that they have no movements points is compensating for the extra turn (and btw. in this case Mercs also have to get paid one more round). Still it is a very important change, because the Merc can still defend in this case and can still be deployed on ships and therefore already be on the way to their intended location in the same turn.

17. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

I changed Vikings to Scandinavians and English to British

I also changed all the preferred civics to things that reflect the entire civ rather than a particular leader

I added native cities all over the Malay peninsula, as is historically correct.

18. Metal Alloy Man

@Rod

Rhye's already going to change it so that mercenaries spawn in your capital in the next patch if I'm correct. As for the other two, I'm going to add them to the minor suggestions thread because I think they're worth consideration for the next patch.:goodjob:

19. The Turk

The Turk Deity

i actually rather they spawn in the least defended city, because usually when i buy mercanaries i use them to quickly ward of barbs or natives etc. :D

oh and when is rhye's next patch coming out??:confused:

20. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

well he is going out for a vacation so it will be awhile, not to mention all the work on Random.

Back to the topic.....does anyone else, Connect Japan to the mainland? i find it makes them slighlty more active.