1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes you have made to RFC.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by smile286, May 27, 2008.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Unhistorical, much?

2. The Turk

The Turk Deity

ditto thats the worst plan i have ever heard, maybe they should just start off with more galleys or something

3. Virdrago

Virdrago Wandering

I don't know, I've seen them launch some major attacks on Chinese and Mongolian cities, take them, and hold them! It seems they're the only AI who can do some real damage with amphibious and naval attacks. Of course, it may be because of all their military, sitting on their small island doing nothing for a while. Then they build three or four galleys, and they go on the offensive.

I'd love to see England, the Vikings, Carthage, or even Mongolia try that. Too much land to explore and build on, I expect.

4. The Turk

The Turk Deity

One thing which I think should be changed is religion for the Mayans, Aztecs and Inca they should only be Christian or at least the spread of other religions should be very limited, i'm fed up of seeing Muslim Aztecs or something weird like that:mad:. Or maybe, make a Sun God religion for all New World Civs (other than the USA).

5. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Au contraire. I love the fact that the new world civs have no religion, because I try to delay spreading a state religion so that I get several religions for free religion (=happiness, culture and science). If one of them is Christianity for the AP hammers, so much the better.

6. kbk

kbk Prince

I have to agree with AP on this. The Amerindians adopted Christianity after much proselytizing of christian missionaries. Why shouldn't other religions have that option if they reach the Americas first?

7. ADP101

ADP101 Warlord

although i dont have my cpu on which i have CIV IV installed as soon as i get it back, im gonna

1. increase mongol power, with more powerful keshiks, more of them at start, and (find a way) to give them a slight stability helper

2. give china a stability helper, one of the longest lasting civs in teh world should not have to colase to often

3. Give india a stability helper, same reasons as china

4. make japan a bit more open so it does stuff throughout the game and doesnt just waste the worlds space

5. Make america way more stronger by giving it more units at start and better starting techs (whenever america spawns its WAY behind in technology, making it an easier vasalazing target for europeons)

6. Give europeons more settlers

7. Give rome a stability helper, give em more starting units and more setlers.

8. Make Arabia more agressive and expansive, give it more starting units, settlers and increase power of their special building and UP.

9. Give greece a huge stability helper (they always fail) give em more settlers, starting units, more gold and like make em not build sparta cuz it always gets in the way of Athens

10. EUROPEON WARS!! add the protestent/catholic mod. i want to see more wars in europe.

11. Give Bonuses to Maya and Aztecs (stability helper, more units and whatnot)

12. Stronger Germany

13. Also Vikings never do anything like japan, i want to make them more agressive and expansive

8. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

1. I enjoyed changing RFC so much that I wrote a mod for it.
    2. I changed the name of the independent city Pagan to Dagon (later Yangon, later Rangoon, and now Yangon again if you think the Burmese/Myanmar junta is a legitimate government).
    3. I modded CityNameManager.py quite comprehensively to include colonial names for Mbanza Kongo, Mombasa, Yangon among others, and also to include additional conquest-related names for the cities in the Russian/German frontier like Klaipeda and Warsaw.

9. The Q-Meister

The Q-Meister King

I have tinkered with the science part of the game, basically making the following techs more expensive:

Gunpowder
    Rifling
    Military Tradition
    Assembly Line

I am going to go back and decrease the cost for Gunpowder but after playing 1 game with the changes I am pleasantly surprised!

I no longer see Riflemen in the 1600s; I have great wooden ship battles in the 1700s and 1800s so it actually now makes sense to build wooden navies (whereas before ironclads and destroyers would make them obsolete so quickly it wouldn't make much sense to build them en mass)

Cuirassers actually have some lasting value, Infantrymen are generally in the 20th century where they belong (I've seen them in the 1800s and even 1700s in some games)

In short, I'm very pleased with the results...like I said I will go back and make gunpowder come out a bit earlier than it did (1500s-1600s) but if you ask me, I'd rather get the chance to really savor each historical epoch than always feeling that everything I build has become obsolete within a matter of 10 turns.

10. The Q-Meister

The Q-Meister King

1. Agreed.
    2. Well, recall that China had many warring clans/dynasties throughout its history, was successfully invaded by the Mongols, exploited by the Europeans, invaded again by the Japanese so it shouldn't be 'rock solid' and Rhye has made improvements towards it so I would actually say its OK right now. Perhaps certain collapses could be interpreted as a rival dynasty overtaking the current one.

3.Same situation as above: India was not always a unified country, warred within itself and since this is hard to implement in RFC a few collapses are not unwarranted. Again Rhye has modified this a bit so they do not collapse as often as they did before.

4. Hear Hear! Agree strongly! Japan had its period of isolatation but in modern times became very aggressive economically and this isn't really represented in the game.

5. America already is very strong; has immense resources that should be able to out-produce any civ in the world. If the AI-America is not strong it's either due to 1. powerful Euro neighbors that reacted different that they did historically or 2. A poor AI

6. Not sure what you mean by needing 'more settlers.' Euro civs are fully capably of making more if need be and besides, their homelands are (with the exception of Russia) not very big to begin with.

7. Disagree. In fact, I think Rome is TOO stable and far too often is a major player deep into the medieval/renaissasnce eras. In the classical era, Rome (if played correctly) is a powerhouse and the strongest civ in the Mediterreanen by far, as it should be.

8. Hear Hear! Unfortunately though, many (including myself) has requested just that but apparently Rhye has done everything to make AI Arabia more aggressive to no avail. :(

9. Again, Greece should fall in most games. After being conquered by Rome they were basically part of someone else's empire (Romans, Byzantines, Ottomans) for centuries. Did not achieve modern independence until the 1800s so no don't see the need for a major stability booster.

Civs collapsing is not necessarily a bad thing as it is part of history and thus why the FALL part is included in "Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations"

10. That would be very interesting; only problem is that the Euro homelands are so small that losing only 1 city in most cases would put the civ on the brink of collapse. Sounds like an excellent idea for the Rhye's and Fall of Europe people.

11. Nah, they should collapse.

12. Germany is strong enough. Maybe too strong. Awesome production, one of the best UPs, expanded spawn area...

13. I think the Vikings are done pretty accurately...could be a bit more aggressive, especially with their navies.

11. kbk

kbk Prince

Interestingly, in my Russian Emperor game that I'm currently playing the Vikings vassalized Aztec, Inca, and America. They also collapsed Germany with the help of the Turks.

12. djenghis

djenghis Warlord

Is there any way i can mod the game so as to my Roman empire doesn't collapse everytime?
    I want my stability to be at maximum throughout the game, no matter of my actions. I do like the instability with the other civs, as it makes it all a bit more realistic.

13. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Irony? :goodjob: :lol:

14. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Most I'd want would be to make the world map a little bit more realistic (no mountains in Cuba, Taiwan or North Sahara where they don't belong), tweak the stability and "historical" modifiers a bit as well as some research rates. On top of that, some civilization tweakings and maybe Zoroastrinism (or some other ancient world religion) in place of Judaism in my games. Haven't tried out the Judaism replacement mod yet, I have to give it a try sometime soon.

15. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I agree with everything he said, whats up with the mountains everywhere??

16. Cethegus

Cethegus King

I like these ideas. Too often do I have to ship my newly bought mercenaries from Ciudad de Mexico to my warring Iberia to battle France.

17. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

The mountains north of the sahara are rather tall: over 10,000 feet. I agree with the other mountains though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_mountains

Personally, I have changed the Dutch name of Hamburg (Hamborg) to Hamburg. Only in Low Saxon it's called Hamborg, but in Dutch it's Hamburg. Other examples are Valkenburg, Fort Vredeburg, Middelburg, Tilburg.

18. Theodorick

Theodorick King

I agree that the Atlas Mountains should stay, though there are a lot of other strange mountains that should really go.

And what do you think on German Wien? I've always changed it to Vienna later on because I like making Vienna an important cultural city--not really important strategy wise, but I like RPing a bit--but it just doesn't feel right if it's going by its German name. Other names I think should change are basically all of the Roman cities to Italian names at some point, but I think that's just me.

19. djenghis

djenghis Warlord

euhm, no. I really find it annoying when i have worked for an entire week to build an empire and then everytime see it collapse, because i conquered more territory then the Romans did in reality. I would like to be able to conquer the entire world as the Romans. How could this stability be modded that i remain solid or even very solid?

Thanks

20. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

The irony is that you are happy for other civs to collapse but you want to cheat to break the game mechanics and turn off your own stability.

If you do a search of this forum you'll find others who have asked the same question and been given options on how to cheat the stability system. I don't have much time for cheating the game so I don't have the time to provide a link. In your own time though I'm sure you can find it.