1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes you have made to RFC.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by smile286, May 27, 2008.

1. Cethegus

Cethegus King

I don't know how to help you with that. I'm trying to figure out how to set the Egyptians to spawn one tile to the north with little luck. I'm sure it has something to do with the Python files but so far I've been short of luck figuring it out.

2. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

OK. I've tried some games without plagues and what can I say... it's more interesting!! More wars, more colonies, more interest. You should try it :)

3. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Sure thing. :p If it works that well, I'm installing it right away.

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Exactly. My main beef with plague that it kills AI units, and the more units AI has, the more are the chances that it will use them somewhat competently.

5. Cethegus

Cethegus King

I can't figure out why my RFC no longer allows UU's with changed unit classes. The same goes for buildings. I noticed this when playing as the Japanese that the Mongols no longer produced any Keshiks but Knights, and now when I tried to change the Indian UB class from Jail to Courthouse, the game disowned any kind of relationship between the Indians and the Mausoleums just as much as they did so with the Mongols and the Keshiks.

There's the first 15 lines of the Keshik data from Assets -> Units -> Civ4UnitInfos. It's left uneditted ever since the installment of the latest patch, I can't figure out what's preventing me from doing crossovers. The fact that I've been adding modcomps to my RFC might play a role in here, although I can't name any single scapegoat to blame for this.

The effects for all of this are that I can't edit the unit classes. If I do and go to Civilopedia, it says on the Civilizations Screen that Mongols' UU is Keshik (Horse Archer) and Keshiks themself replace Knights but aren't unique units for The Mongols anymore. Same thing for India and its Mausoleums.

6. Cethegus

Cethegus King

The modcomps I've been using are...

Mind you, otherwise the mod works perfectly; the only problem right now is that it ignores any changes made to the XML regarding unit or building classes. Any ideas what might affect or cause it? I'd try to fix the problem by myself if I only knew where to look.

7. The_Stranger1

The_Stranger1 Chieftain

You've not only got to change buildings and units in the regular mod xml file, but in the varietas delecat modcomp file also.

So, make your changes in xml-units, xml civ infos, etc, then go to-->assets->modules-->varietas delecat-->xml-->Unitartstyles&Civinfos-->in this folder find the file VD_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and) repeat the changes you made earlier.

Now you can see your altered units and buildings :)

8. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Okay, thanks a lot for the help! This should make the game more interesting.

Cheers. :)

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Yes, I rolled an American start without plague and AI colonization is slightly more active.

10. Rod

Rod King

The latest thing I did was to correct the caucasus.

Currently Baku is north of Caucausus and north is only desert.

So I shifted the mountains 1 tile north and changed the former mountain tiles into plains , named them Baku and Tbilissi and gave forest to Georgia.

I added an independent city Kazan. I was always annoyed that there are no Tartars in the game, so now at least there is Kazan.

Next thing I will do is to correct Chelyabinsk. Chelyabinsk is actually is pretty big industrial town (1.5 Mio inhabitants) south of Ekaterinburg. But currently the whole area is unsettleable.

Hence I want to nerf some areas in Central Sibiria (like Krasnoyarsk which gets way too big) and unnerf the Southern Urals. At the end there wont be more hospitable land than before but it will be distributed better.

11. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Hey Rod, could I have a copy of your wb save so I could use these changes? ;)

12. Rod

Rod King

sure thing, pm me your email would be best or I could post the wb-file in code form here in the forum.

13. Cethegus

Cethegus King

I would also be interested in the said WB file. :) Although I've done modifications of my own to my WB files too, so at least for me it would be more useful that way. There's always the spoiler prevention, even if people in the forum happen to come across it later. Might be more useful for them too?

14. Rod

Rod King

I opened an thread for these files.

I tried to use spoiler feature , but both files together are 800.000 characters, hence I couldnt post it.

15. pfried

pfried Chieftain

I modified CityNameManager.py so that whenever a civilization conquers a city it is renamed as if the civ had just founded the city rather than depending on its current name. This makes city names quite a bit more interesting... especially because I also modified some civ's grids to make each conquest more linguistically accurate and interesting. When Japan conquers London, for example, it is renamed "Rondon", and if the Romans manage to found or conquer New York, it is renamed "Nova Eburacum". :cool:

Also modified some settlermaps a little so that all civs attempt to colonize the Americas. Russia founds cities that are more spread out now and now it usually spreads all the way eastward to Petropavlosk-Kamchatsky, even occasionally founding Unalaska...

16. Cethegus

Cethegus King

The Lone Wolf mentioned that he lessened the stability penalties for colonies and decreased the maintenance costs somewhere... could you tell which files you modified to do that and what are the values you're using?

17. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Stability.py. Some parts of it are quite undestandable.

18. Tibur753

Tibur753 Leigonary

Considering this was posted several months ago you might have found the answer by now, but it should be in Consts.py. Find these lines:

Spoiler :
    Code:
    # starting locations coordinates
    tCapitals = (
    (69, 33), #tThebes
    (90, 40), #tDelhi
    (102, 47), #tBeijing
    (76, 40), #tBabylon
    (67, 41), #tAthens
    (82, 39), #tPersepolis
    (58, 39), #tCarthage
    (60, 44), #tRome
    (113, 45), #tKyoto
    (72, 29), #tAksum
    (22, 35), #tTikal
    (61, 62), #tNidaros
    (75, 33), #tMecca
    (102, 34), #tAngkor
    (52, 43), #tMadrid
    (55, 50), #tParis
    (53, 54), #tLondon
    (62, 52), #tBerlin
    (73, 54), #tMoskow
    (57, 53), #tAmsterdam
    (53, 31), #tTimbuktu
    (49, 43), #tLisboa
    (28, 22), #tCuzco
    (99, 51), #tKarakorum
    (18, 37), #tTenochtitlan
    (70, 43), #tSogut ((72, 43), #tKonya  #71?)
    (27, 46) #tWashington
    ) 

The coordinates are from the bottom right with (horizontal, vertical). Just change Egypt's to (69, 34) and it should move them 1N.

19. Cethegus

Cethegus King

What, that's it? Thanks a lot for underlining it for me and those in need. :goodjob:

EDIT:
    I actually gave up and forgot about it but now that I'm trying to turn the Vikings into the Swedish, the subject's topical again. Thanks again, I had totally overlooked that file.

20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Never mind so far, these files were for previous version of RFC.