Changes you have made to RFC.

That's why I believe there was a mountain. Easiest way to impliment a barren wasteland that even modern agriculture can't fix (unlike deserts)

I guess you have a point... even with hilly plains, you could build a windmill there. Although who in their right mind would do that, they get enough food from the sea as it is while production is another issue.

Right now the Indian Civilization starts in norther india, but indian civilzation really started more to the west in modern day Pakistan on the Indus River with the city of Harrapa and Mahenjo-Daro. Therefore I propose that on the 8000BC start it starts On the Indus River and in the 600 AD start its capital is placed in delhi (like it would be now).

I must say the fact that the clams next to Corsica/Sardinia require you to build a city there bothers me to no end. I move them closer to southern Italy (but not in Rome's radius) to bolster whatever city goes there. This I will admit is biased because I plan on having a city there. Moving it closer to Spain is probably the fairer move :p.

I also throw Mali a bone and turn Lagos into a place where you could actually found a city, and give them a fish resource. It is a modern megacity after all.

I agree about the Indus, it should be really fertile, especially in the mouth of a river. In a previous thread I have made the argument for floodplains their.

Also about taiwan, I have already changed that to a plains hill in my game, give taiwan some production

also for the Chinese, Beijing wasen't the capital unitl much much later it was Anyang which was the first capital of the Shang Dynasty, but in the 600 AD start I guess Beijing could be the capital.

Reading through the forums I once saw the demigod explain how the plague can be "turned off" - can anybody tell me how that is done? I tried searching, but couldn't locate the thread again. Thanks in advance :)

Here it is, in attachments, unzip that Python file to Your Civ4 directory\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\Python.

BTW, in the Russian Civilization site most people play without plagues. ;)

Attachments

• Plague.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 201
I'm currently trying to modify the civics a bit and I'm having a problem. While I understand all the basic mechanics and all, I can't figure out by myself what to do to rename Representation as Parliamentarism. I set its enabling tech to be Guilds rather than Constitution for now (so it doesn't obsoletisize instantly) but I don't think medieval representation should actually be called "Representation". I guess I could leave it as it is but I want to see which of the two works best. Anyone willing to give me a hint towards how to rename a civic in a mod?

It seems that you have to include something like

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVIC_REPRESENTATION</Tag>
<English>Parlamentarism</English>
<French>
<Text>Représentation</Text>
</French>
<German>
<Text>Representation</Text>
</German>
<Italian>
<Text>Rappresentanza</Text>
</Italian>
<Spanish>
<Text>Representatividad</Text>
</Spanish>
</TEXT>

In

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Text\Civ4GameText_RFCCivics.xml,

between some other texts like that.

Thanks for the quick reply. :p I think I can handle all the rest myself. I'm not very good at XML but I do understand something of it. Exactly what goes where is what gives me trouble sometimes. :p

I have a question about the WeLoveKing-parts in Government civics...

I don't understand how one modifies them. I went to the appropriate Civics.xml file in Assets->XML->GameInfo->Civ4CivicInfos and took a look around. I saw the WeLoveKing parts in the modern civics and now I wonder. How do I change what they celebrate? There is _Despot, _Monarch, _Prime_Minister etc., do I just change the last world to my liking? For example, WE_LOVE_SENATE?

I'm sorry for asking so much about this. I'm just a little baffled because I couldn't find appropriate piece of information in any other files and I'm not sure is the system so bendable on this issue. Do I just change the last word to my liking in the WeLoveKing-part in XML or do I need to modify it somewhere else too?

There is _Despot, _Monarch, _Prime_Minister etc., do I just change the last world to my liking? For example, WE_LOVE_SENATE?

Oh, no. You do need to change it to WE_LOVE_SENATE or something, but if you do only that, you'll get the code directly on the screen (Moscow celebrates WE_LOVE_SENATE day!) Althrough, if you are not interested in multilanguage support of your changes, you can just write your Senate stuff directly in the code, like that:

<WeLoveTheKing>We love the Senate</WeLoveTheKing>

But if you do need the multilanguage support, go to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_RFCBTS.xml

And add something like:

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_WE_LOVE_SENATE</Tag>
<English>blablabla</English>
<French>blablabla</French>
<German>blablabla</German>
<Italian>blablabla</Italian>
<Spanish>blablabla</Spanish>
</TEXT>

After the text which deals with Otto I.

Another mountain that really irks me is the one in Taiwan. You can build a city there but it won't ever be able to have any production, which considering the number of items I own labeled "Made In Taiwan", seems rather unrealistic.

Well let's be honest, that has more to do with civ's primitive economic model, where raw material can't be moved about, then whether taiwan has mountains or not.

Oh, no. You do need to change it to WE_LOVE_SENATE or something, but if you do only that, you'll get the code directly on the screen (Moscow celebrates WE_LOVE_SENATE day!) Althrough, if you are not interested in multilanguage support of your changes, you can just write your Senate stuff directly in the code, like that:

<WeLoveTheKing>We love the Senate</WeLoveTheKing>

But if you do need the multilanguage support, go to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_RFCBTS.xml

And add something like:

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_WE_LOVE_SENATE</Tag>
<English>blablabla</English>
<French>blablabla</French>
<German>blablabla</German>
<Italian>blablabla</Italian>
<Spanish>blablabla</Spanish>
</TEXT>

After the text which deals with Otto I.

Thanks. That ought to do it.
What a great XML wizard I am, asking whatever I need to do next all the time.

Hi there,

I remember reading, though I can't find it now, that someone reduced the research penalty for larger civilizations. Could someone explain to me how this is done?

Also, from Lone Wolf: "Increased some stability bonuses, unhistorical expansion is less penalized."

Could you send me the file in which you made these changes?

And, lastly! :) I'm trying to add unique units and buildings from non used civs (i.e. Korea) to existing Civs. I thought it was a matter of simply switching the unitinfos and civinfos xml files, but it seems not. I've got Lone Wolf's Varias Delectat mod installed--do I need to make changes there as well?

Thanks for any help

As far as I know you only need to go to RFC -> Assets -> XML -> Civilizations -> CivilizationInfo and then edit the select few lines you need to. If we were to exchange the German UU from Panzer to Landsknecht, we'd be replacing the following:
<Units>
<Unit>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_TANK</UnitClassType>
<UnitType>UNIT_GERMAN_PANZER</UnitType>
</Unit>
</Units>
with:
<Units>
<Unit>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_PIKEMAN</UnitClassType>
<UnitType>UNIT_HOLY_ROMAN_LANDSKNECHT</UnitType>
</Unit>
</Units>
under the German info. It should work that way. In case it doesn't, feel free to ask for advice.

Hi Cethegus,

and thank you :)

I wondering if it's possible to add anther unique unit to the Germans without replacing the Panzer--so that they have two?

EDIT-It seems I have to change the module for the mod too...I'll try that.

It's actually very easy. Just add essentially the same thing after it with different names. Sound confusing? I'll give you an example.

Let's make the Germans have both Panzer and Landsknecht. Here, you have the CivilizationInfo.xml. You browse down and come across the info about the Germans. Browse down some more and you'll see the <Units> info. Now, let's experiment...

<Units>
<Unit>
</Unit>
</Units>

See those bolded parts in the quote screen? In XML language (that little that I know) it creates a folder inside the file within which the information will modify the civilization's unique unit properties. In this case, between the two bolds is added a replacement for the typical Tank. If we intend to add the UU Landsknecht after the Panzer, we just add another <Unit> </Unit> entry between the the <Units> and </Units> tags. Now, it'd look like something like this...

<Units>
<Unit>
</Unit>
<Unit>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_PIKEMAN</UnitClassType>
<UnitType>UNIT_HOLY_ROMAN_LANDSKNECHT</UnitType>
</Unit>

</Units>

The info in bold is what I added after the Panzer entry. Notice how for each unit you add you need to have seperate <Unit> tags that must both start and end and be positioned between the <Units> </Units> tags, which help the system categorize each civilization's unit information as it needs to. Anyway, in this example, you must also take into consideration what unit class the new UU is going to be. Landsknecht replaces Pikeman in the regular game, so of course its unit class is Pikeman. Hwacha (Korean UU) replaces Catapult so its unit class is Catapult and so on...

And the UU's name itself, realize that it needs to have the civilization's civil adjective before its actual name. Holy Roman Landsknecht needs to be called exactly that, HOLY_ROMAN_LANDSKNECHT. GERMAN_LANDSKNECHT or HOLY_ROME_LANDSKNECHT won't do, it needs to be exactly the right name. However, the pattern is easily understood (civil adjective + unit name) so that's hardly a problem. What's important is fitting all this between the <Unit> </Unit> tags, which in turn must be fit between the <Units> </Units> tags.

Also remember, all the letters that I wrote as capital letters must remain capital letters and all the underlines (_) I wrote as underlines must remain exactly that. No spaces, no dots, no commas, just underlines. They're important when seperating pieces of text from one another. Nothing else matters as much as the last thing I said. Keep that in mind, hope that helped.

Your instructions work very well, thank you :)

I had to change the civinfos information in the modular directory too, but that was easy.

Cheers

yeah, i did that too...also added the rathaus.

so...i ve been asking around pretty much everywhere, but never got a response to it, how would i go about changing radius of workable plots for a city (which is what i would have done if i d know how). i really liked having a radius of 3 as experienced in the world of civ, gives you much more freedom in placing your cities. since i usually always try to get the maximum out of a city there are often some (minor, i.e. without boni) tiles left unreached by any city. which i dislike...seems like a waste to me.

Top Bottom