Chaos SG

Pie ... pie ... pi ... yes please. So, when can I expect delivery?

Great News - Australia wins the 2nd test against Sth Africa and takes a commanding 2-0 lead in the best of 3. The last match starts on March 31st. And the best news is that I will be home in Sydney (first time in 5.5 yrs) and will be able to watch it on TV - haven't seen cricket on TV for 3 yrs.

Good for you. I just watched a thrilling game of football,
(real football, not the American thing. Call it soccer if you want though)
Italian Juventus visited Arsenal at Highbury for the 1st leg in the quarter-finals of the champions league. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but to be honest, they played incredible football today, totally :hammer: the leaders of the Italian serie A.
Arsenal won 2-0, giving them a great advantage over Juve before the upcoming match at San Siro, especially considering the away-goal rule, and the fact that Camoranesi got himself a red card tonight and will miss the next match. Viera is also suspended because of too many yellow cards.

Barcelona miraculosly managed to not score any goals away against benfica despite a fair amount of good chances, including the rare indirect freekick from inside the 16 yard box. That match ended 0-0 and the outcome is quite open, with Barcelona still being favourites. Benfica has beaten Manchester United and Liverpool allready this season, though, so they are not to be underestimated.

chriseay said:
Gah, sports that I don't understand! Really though, they sound interesting, but more interesting (at least to me) is the fact that I am going to opening day next week! :D

Opening day? Is it the opening af a brand new bakery right by your home, where you can have some of Ruffs tasty pies, or is it the opening day of a :whipped: spree in your backyard, hopefully resulting in a great wonder of some sort, at the cost of some lowly citizens backs?

Munterpipe said:
Opening day? Is it the opening af a brand new bakery right by your home, where you can have some of Ruffs tasty pies, or is it the opening day of a :whipped: spree in your backyard, hopefully resulting in a great wonder of some sort, at the cost of some lowly citizens backs?

:D:cool:

No silly, opening day of the baseball season. Only one of the best days of the year!

Baseball. That's the sport with the guys in tight pants, right?
Don't see much of that over here. But good luck on opening day then.

chriseay said:
Gah, sports that I don't understand! Really though, they sound interesting, but more interesting (at least to me) is the fact that I am going to opening day next week! :D
Which teams opening day are you going to? I'm going to catch the Oakland A's play:D

Tight pants? No more than normal people wear. I think you're thinking of football. Those guys wear tight pants!

@Nuclear kid - I'll be in Philadelphia to see the Phillies play the Cardinals. It's my first opening day, but I've been a huge baseball and Phillies fan my whole life. I can't wait! :D

No opening days for me - out of the country. But I am seeing an Orioles, Nationals, Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers game this year. So, that will mean that I have been to 11 ballparks.

chriseay said:
@Nuclear kid - I'll be in Philadelphia to see the Phillies play the Cardinals. It's my first opening day, but I've been a huge baseball and Phillies fan my whole life. I can't wait! :D

You'll love it; the award ceremony, the new players, the fun games, and fat fans in front of you sending out nasty nacho burps :lol: :vomit: :rotfl:

ruff_hi said:
No opening days for me - out of the country. But I am seeing an Orioles, Nationals, Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers game this year. So, that will mean that I have been to 11 ballparks.

You lucky dog! I'll be happy to get to three games this season, and I've only been to two ballparks (well one until Monday). Hopefully I'll be able to hit up Pittsburgh for a game this season, and heading down to Washington or Baltimore has been on my list for years. I'd love to hit up a Mets/Phillies game at Shea, but I'm afraid the Mets might just kill me with some new uniform creation....

Mets recent uniforms = :vomit:

chriseay said:
I'll be in Philadelphia to see the Phillies play the Cardinals.

My daughter (7yrs old) is a HUGE Cards fan. Which is strange, since neither myself nor her mother are interested in sports. :crazyeye:

I'm sorry that my daughter's fondness for the St. Louis Cardinals has destroyed Chaos...

:D

Where'd everybody go?

I'll Pm Strauss, and if he doesn't report in tonight, we'll skip him.

So be ready Chrth! You're up next...

ChrTh DuFresne sat atop his broken down galley, sanding away, contemplating the Chaos about him. He thought of the words of his father, and how they had been completely ignored.* He thought of the war Catherine had launched against his people. He thought of what he would do if he was called to lead them.

With this last thought he looked up and saw Morgan Freeman walking towards him along the beach, jacket in hand. He was not surprised, for his father had warned him what shape their master took.

ChrTh jumped down from the boat and approached.

"It's looking good," Morgan intoned. ChrTh nodded.

"You know why I'm here, don't you?" Another nod.

"Do you know what you must do?"

ChrTh sighed. "We are at war with an opponent who is stronger than us. We have little defense on our eastern border where she seeks to strike. We have no allies, as even our sister in faith has attacked us. Peace may be impossible for many years."

"All this is true. There may be losses. But persevere in the faith. I fear you may be most reviled of all the ChrTh's to come, though perhaps history will be kind. In many ways, you will be unique. Persevere."

One last nod. Morgan's image faded and ChrTh could now see a small contingent walking up the beach towards him...

Turn 0 -- 1400 AD

*WHY THE HELL ARE WE STILL BUDDHIST/PACIFIST?!? SHEESH!

Ok, desperate times call for desperate measures. Philosophy and Theology to Genghis for Machinery and his treasury (220 gold).

I trade Wheat to Liz for 6 gpt.

Cow to Vicky for 4 gpt.

Sugar to Kublai for 5 gpt.

Pig to Qin for 2 gpt.

Theology to Mao for 130 gold.

Code of Laws to Peter for 110 gold.

Science to 70% (-8gpt) to give us Civil Service next turn.

We REALLY need Iron. Unfortunately, both of our sources are under assault from Cathy. We're going to have to somehow get it back.

Upgrade Theory's Warrior to Spear. Ditto English Setter, Ditto Butterfly, Ditto Straussburg, Ditto Chaos. This interturn may very well suck ...

IBT:
Irish R+W Setter attacked. Sword kills off one Horse Archer before losing to another. Only attacks this turn.

Civil Service in. We revolt to Vassalage and Theocracy. Will revolt to Hinduism next turn.

Turn 1 -- 1410 AD

Lots of pillaging.

Axe retakes Irish R+W Setter. Revolt for 2 turns.

Chihuahua cannot hold. I abandon it for Cathy.

IBT:
Irish R+W Setter is taken by Cathy again. Cathy takes Chihuahua.

Turn 2 -- 1420 AD

Genghis declares on Vicky.

Irish R+W Setter is retaken by the troops from Chihuahua.

Sword loses to Horse Archer. Spear defeats a different Horse Archer. Spear defeats Horse Archer.

We convert to Hinduism.

IBT:
Nada

Turn 3 -- 1430 AD

Irish R+W Setter starts Barracks.

Angkor Wat built in Faraway Land.

Oh, btw, I've started Engineering. Due in 23 turns at +28gpt.

Turn 4 -- 1440 AD

Butterfly: Courthouse > Longbowman
Theory: Longbowman > Longbowman
Chaos: Forge > Longbowman
English Setter: Forge > Longbowman
Adamame: Forge > Hindu Missionary
Straussburg: Longbowman > Archer

Longbow takes out Horse Archer
Longbow loses to Horse Archer. Spear finishes him off.

Turn 5 -- 1450 AD

Straussburg: Archer > Longbow

Turn 6 -- 1460 AD

Alright, enough of this. I give Cathy Civil Service for peace. The War Elephant outside Theory was my main reason for this. However, I do expect that in 10 turns she is to be attacked. I will do my part to make sure the next player is ready.

Turn 7 -- 1470 AD

Chaos: Longbow > Longbow
Adamame: Hindu Missionary > Hindu Missionary

Islam has been founded in a distant land :cry:

Turn 8 -- 1480 AD

Qin Shi Huang has declared war on us! :eek: Where the hell is he? Hrm, I see a War Elephant outside Butterfly.

English Setter, Butterfly: Longbow > SAMURAI.

Upgrade Sword in Butterfly to Samurai.

Turn 9 -- 1490 AD

Theory: Longbow > Samurai

Turn 10 -- 1500 AD

Butterfly: Samurai > Samurai
Chaos: Longbow > Samurai
Adamame: Hindu Missionary > Samurai. Missionary sent to Butterfly.

Hinduism spreads in Chaos.

Well, Butterfly is under assault. We were lucky to only lose Chihuahua this turn; I know this is a Chaos SG, but when someone recommends multiple times to change religion and civics, it's probably a good idea.

I better see a 0 next to Qin and Cathy when I get this game back. Speaking of getting the game back, why are we on a 3 person rotation? Munterpipe, by standard SG rules, you would've been dropped by now :crazyeye:

ChrTh DuFresne is going back to his boat.

The Save:
View attachment 121940

Top Bottom