Chaos SG

Hey all!

I'll have to post my turns tonight. I ended up going over to Peter's and he fed me some bad borsht. I ended up praying to the porcelain gods all night. :vomit:

That counts as founding a new religion, right? :jesus:

Anyway, we apologize for the inconvenience.

(Althought, if the prankster has a new save file, I can go with it instead...)

Ummm errr - this is really embarrassing. I took the save home and on the way there it got out of its little file and ran away. You will not believe how quick these little bu@@ers are! I'm really sorry, but I seem to have lost the file (hangs head in complete shame). Now what do we do?

This may sound crazy, but bear with me ...

why don't we just grab the save again? I think that would work ...

ChrTh said:
This may sound crazy, but bear with me ...

why don't we just grab the save again? I think that would work ...

Oh you and your crazy religious ideas. Do you really think that your gods would make it that easy for us? ;)

chriseay said:
Oh you and your crazy religious ideas. Do you really think that your gods would make it that easy for us? ;)

I suppose that if Ruff Hi is unable to find the save, I'll have to send ChrTh out to meet his maker again and grant us the bounty of a new save ...

Not sure you'll be able to do much, chriseay ... let's just say that I made sure some buildings would be completed next turn :mischief:

This is really strange. I was looking back over this thread and found that saves are smarter than anyone thinks. The save that ran away from me - it knew exactly where it was going - it wanted to go home! If you look at the picture below, you will see that it re-attached itself to ChrTh's post - that is one clever save.

I'm glad that I didn't lose it permanently and that we can continue.

1220BC

Minion the Third adjusted his saffron robes as he knelt before the statue of Kali. Picking up a horse-hair brush, he penned out the final line of the Taoist haiku to his ancestors. Nodding his approval, he stood and intoned, "Amen." Thus began the reign of Minion the Third.

Buddhism was the religion of the land, but there was a wide assortment of beliefs spread amongst the cities of chaos. Hinduism was most prevalent, but Taoism was founded by Chaosian scholars just 10 years before in the glorious city of Chaos.

Internally, only 30% of our taxes go to research, and we're still losing 4 gold per turn. The remainder of our income goes to internal expenses. The bulk of which is City Maintenance, and of that, mostly due to the distance of our cities.

All cities are building temples, monastaries, or courthouses. Our current Civic of Pacifism is not being violated by creating military arms. All remaining troops are settled where they stand and shall not be disturbed. All is well.

Looking to our neighbors, Buddhism and Judaism were the most common religions in nearby lands. All foreign leaders are Cautious to Furious at us. The Furious leaders being those who follow the Judaism. In the spirit of continuing world peace, they (or us) will need to be converted.

IBT: Our Peace Treaties with Peter, Kublai Khan, and Mao Zedong expire. Aristotle is born in a far away land. Both Elizabeth and Mao adopt Vassalage AND Serfdom. This bodes ill for world peace...

1230AD (Turn 1): A Hindu monastary completes in Theory and a Market is begun. A swordsman and a catapult outside of Butterfly are moved back into the city. A worker (You wanna complain?) on the Strauss Railway moves towards the northwestern frontier to assist with improvements there. A worker (I love to skip) southeast of Lab/Terrier (renamed to Adamame) moves east of Straussburg. A worker (Pls Dig Here) otuside Yaroslavl begins to mine the other Grassland/Hills outside that town.

We look around for any micromanagement, but nothing needs to be done.

IBT: Nothing happens.

1240AD (Turn 2): A Hindu Monastary completes in Straussburg and work begins on a Market (sicne a Courthouse was already built). The borders of Yaroslavl' expand and Catherine's Golden Age begins. A worker (These hammers hammer) move east towards the gold now inside our borders at Yarl. You Wanna Complain moves to the cows outside Irish R+WSetter and will begin pasturizing them next turn. A worker (These sandles [sic]) begins work on a Cottage outside Theory. Nobody Loves Me and Man This Bites (workers) begin a road for the stone near Straussburg. I Love to Skip begins building a farm on the Railway. Because it's convenient.

IBT: Nothing happens again.

1250AD (Turn 3): Another Hindu Monastary completes in Adamame (previously known as Lab/Terrier) and work begins on a Courthouse (as recommended by the Economy advisor). Nobody Loves Me and Man This Bites (workers) complete the road to the stone and head east young men.

IBT: Victoria (who is Cautious of us) adopts Vassalage (it's not looking good for the heroes!) and Qin Shi Huang (who is Annoyed with us) converts to Confucianism.

1260AD (Turn 4): A Market completes in Theory, which begins construction of a Confucian Monastary (4 turns). A quick check with the Foreign Advisor shows that no one will trade us any goods, but several civilizations have Feudalism to trade us. Unfortunately, this is not a technology that we are currently interested in. (BTW, Theology due in 3.) Several workers move.

IBT: The borders of Irish R+WSetter expand. We can now mine some iron to the southeast of the town. Also, a barbarian settlement, Parthian, is to the north. Thus far, the two archers living there have been peaceful.

1270AD (Turn 5): The mining of gold to the northeast of Yaroslavl begins.

IBT: Elizabeth (Cautious) comes a calling wanting to trade Feudalism and 100 gold for Philosophy. We think this is a Good Idea (tm)! The borders of Chihuahua expand.

1280AD (Turn 6): A Taoist Monastery completes in Chaos and work begins on a Market (cha-ching! Money will make the neighbors happy!). Speaking of money, more workers join in digging up the gold outside of Yarl. The cottage near Theory finishes and the worker (These Sandles [sic]) wanders off to build a farm.

IBT: Mo Tzu born in a far away land.

1290AD (Turn 7): Theology completes and our priest-scholars begin studying towards... Oooo...Divine Right is tempting! But at 41 turns, highly impractical. We settle for Drama (8 turns). We're given the option of switching to Theocracy, but it is not our place to do so. We'll leave that duty to the TRUE religious fanatics. ;)

A Confucian Temple completes in Butterfly. We start work on a Forge since that's what our Economic advisors advise (weird... we're feeling quite like the automaton this round... *beep*).

The farm completes near Straussburg and the worker, Skip, goes to work on a cottage. The gold mine is completed near Yarl and three workers quickly lay down a road. The worker, Complain, finishes pasturizing the cows near Irish R+W and starts a road for them.

We check to see if anyone wants to trade for the extra gold. No one does. Catherine, however, will trade Music and/or Machinery. We pay her a visit, even though she's quite Annoyed with us. She wants Code of Laws AND Theology for Music. We try to squeeze her for a bit of gold (we need more gold to decorate all of our temples, after all) and she agrees to throw 100 coins into the deal. She LOOKS happier, but we know she's still Annoyed even after the deal was in her favor.

IBT: Victoria's Golden Age begins and Euclid, the geometry dude, is born in a far away land.

1300AD (Turn 8): Theory completes a Confucian Monastery and begins work on a... lets see... how about a Hindu Missionary? Two workers near Yarl begin a farm out past the western hills. Two other workers near Yarl work on removing the forest just south of the city. The wood will go towards the Buddhist Monastery and it will allow us to build more cottages for the rapidly growing city of Yarlslavl.

SUDDENLY, the curse of the 13th century strikes and Minion the Third is assassinated! (Seemed like a good place to stop :D)

We're now #4 on the big scoreboard!

Chaos Eastside

Chaos Northwestside

Chaos Southwestside

Very nice ... the religious fanatic is quite happy :)

However, I would like to reiterate the idea that we should revolt to Hinduism and get the heck out of Pacifism. ;)

Yeah, Sharog, you're up. Here's the roster

Cleaner (munterpipe)
Pushover (Minion joe)
SG Breaker (Sharog) UP!
MicroManager (pindcator) On deck!
Tyrant (chriseay)
Warmonger (Strauss)
Automaton (Zalson)
Religious Fanatic (chrth)

And your turns were magnificent Joe, great writeup, but I'm a bit surprised that you didn't give Peters cities back to him ;)

Munterpipe said:
And your turns were magnificent Joe, great writeup, but I'm a bit surprised that you didn't give Peters cities back to him ;)

Well, he didn't ASK. Admittedly, I probably could have done more to improve our relations with the other civs, but we were all caught up in this "religion" thing. :worship:

And thank you, sir! I've been having great fun writing the turns up. And I seem to be getting a hang of the screenshot editing. :yeah:

:goodjob: Brilliant and funny :lol:

Top Bottom