1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Office of the MSDG

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by GenMarshall, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I say we dont even bother with that room anymore. I see no reason to when we have #demogame_CFC_MSDG

2. WildFire

WildFire amour

Sorry CG. I said that when you were "with" the other team. Its not like I said that when you rejoined our team.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    Password Update

The new Password is now 6X45D

Simple enough Oct :p

4. GenMarshall

Notice, We have moved to a new server

#Demogame_cfc_MSDG
    #Demogame_cfc_embassy
    #MSDG_CFC

To join in the New Server: Please use irc.irc-chat.net for the server

Type in: /server irc.irc-chat.net
    then type in: /Join <The following rooms supported in the Chat Office>

Adnoincement to all Ops in the other Server's Rooms, If you are an Op, please report directly to the following rooms in order for me to add you to the AOP list (I am planning to add Chieftess to the SOP List)

5. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

I believe we need to do something with respect to the security of our chat rooms. Lately, I've seen some unrecognized nicks popping in and out of these rooms.

I'd recommend changing the pass key. Also, I think we should, if not already done, make the rooms private (ie. not shown in the list of chat rooms on chanserv), and if there are any other new tricks we can employ to improve security (other than making the room invite only), I think we should carefully consider using them as well.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Do we have a schedule of turnchats?

7. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Not at all. A TC is held whenever we get the save game, a time which can very greatly.

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Due to an inadvertent revelation of our current pass key in an unsecure chat room, I've changed the pass key to C3P2D2.

9. GenMarshall

@40J - Next time, can you let me know about the Password change Via PM so that I would not have to worry about seing an error message everytime I log in there.

10. Bootstoots

I will apply to be an op here.
    Note: This is in exchange for CG becoming an aop in #debates.

11. Goonie

CivGeneral, I find the recent appointement of bootstoots to aop in #MSDG very inappropriate. You are abusing your powers CG. If bootstoots participated then I might consider this to be more appropriate. That fact that he says this is a trade so that you could becoming an op in #debates makes it clear that this is nothing more of an attempt by you to become an op in all the places possible.

12. GenMarshall

@Goonie - Umm, I am not abusing my powers. Please stop being parinoid, I am not trying to be an op everywhere. Trust me Goonie, I am not abusing my powers. Besides I am getting him to parisipate more. Plus I needed someone to handle the Chat room maintenance when I am eather at Work or at School. If it would make you happy, I would drop his application.

Plus, I was about to reop you in the rooms, but apperently you have not appeared in the rooms as often. Also Boots has reasured me that he is going to patisipate more in the MSDG. If there is any conflict, We can have a Co-Captian Meeting in the #MSDG_CFC room, so that we can make a compromise and hopefuly keep me as Co-captian. If you want to drop boots, Ill happly do so in exchange that I keep my Co-captian status.

13. Goonie

If Bootstoots becomes a partcipating member, nothing would make me happier than to see him become an op. Let's see how he does ;).

14. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

Erm... We need to change the password again. My Trillian program decided to spew it out for the world to see in #Civfanatics :-s
    And for future reference, just *how* are you supposed to get into the room when the password is on? I can't seem to do it.

15. GenMarshall

The Password has been Changed to "X35O5"

@Veera - Type in /Join #demogame_cfc_msdg X35O5 to have it work

16. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Changing the password again to: m3718j

EDIT: Well, I tried to change the passkey since it was accidentally blurted out in front of a few members of other teams tonight, but apparently, CG's got modelock on the room and only he can change it.

CG - please change the passkey to either this or whatever you want, but it needs to be changed.

17. GenMarshall

The New Password is JADEZ95

18. Bootstoots

Just curious, how do I reliably say the password without accidentially blurting it out for the world to see half the time? Does copying and pasting work for the pass key, or must I type it?

19. GenMarshall

you would have to type in /join #demogame_cfc_msdg JADEZ95

20. Bootstoots

I would like to apply as an op for the MSDG chat office. I believe that I am now involved enough in the MSDG to justify my being an op, especially my involvement in negotiations with CDG and Poly after CDG announced it was resigning, and in becoming Deputy Military Leader and Prosecutor. This is not in exchange for any op position for CG elsewhere, btw.