Cheat Code (help with the world-builder...)

I enter the cheat and it says something like setting gold for player [0] to 1000000, but my gold doesn't change at all. Do I have to enter my leaders name in a specific place? The help command doesn't help me at all it says player.setgold int playeridx, int gold . I dont know what to do can anyone help?

ya chipotle thats what im talking about
a nice huge burrrrrrrrrrrrrito, 1/2 barbacoa 1/2 carnitas, and extra everything!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

At what point in the game do you enter the word, "chipotle"? Forgive me for being so ignorant, please.

So...I edit the .ini file? If I am assuming correctly, then what line of text do I edit with the word, "chipotle"?

Yes. There is a line in the .ini file which says "cheatcode=0". Change the "0" to "chipotle" and you're good.

You'd think the flag would be intuitive, like "cheatcode=1" or something. But noooo, these guys gotta come out of left-field with something like "cheatcode=chipotle"...

I edited the .ini file by replacing the "0" with "chipotle". However, when I entered the game, I found no difference in cheating ability. Is there something I am not doing?

Zenith Omega 3 said:
I edited the .ini file by replacing the "0" with "chipotle". However, when I entered the game, I found no difference in cheating ability. Is there something I am not doing?

Are you trying to use the World-builder to edit a scenario/game etc? Or just cheat the game? It is for the former not the latter. See below.

Soren Johnson said:
some of you may have noticed 'CheatCode=0' in the ini file. If you want to enable it, the cheat code is 'chipotle'. This enables various cheat options (doesn't work in mp, though).

The reason we are posting this is that it fixes the various issues with the world-builder (like not being able to place units in areas in the fog-of-war and the minimap being wrong) if you have it set.

:)

Ok i'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have cheatcode = chipotle all done. I can see the entire world map when I go into the world builder with civs so I it worked. However, I am unable to change my civilizations gold amount. When I use the code 'Player.setGold 0,5000' it is supposed to set my gold to 5000. When I enter it in, the game says Players gold set to 5000, but there is no change. When I look at my cities with the world builder, you can see the amount of gold you are supposed to have. Well that number simply reflects the one I put into the Player.Setgold command, buuuut it has no change to my ACTUAL gold amount. So while the worldbuilder says I have 5000 gold, and I do the player.setGold 0,5000 (0 means the active player, which is me, and I know of no way to find my ACTUAL player number... it's my only choice) , I still have currently 10gold to my name. Eehhhh, anyone got a clue what's going on here.

Edit: Upon surfing the forum, I found that shift+4 adds 1000 gold to my actual treasury. But I heard rumors that it also added it to all of the civs treasuries as well. When I try and use the World Editor to look at gold values it's just flat borked. It says that every single city in the game (my civ and all others has ) 2989 gold. MY CIV doesn't even have 2989....

I haven't use the console command yet but what's the command line to toggle off fog of war....

Thanks

When the cheats are turned on, pressing "+" will complete the current research project. If a city is selected pressing "+" will complete the current production item.

Anyone found anything else?

Shame on them for such poor list of keyboard shortcuts, the quicksave/quickload aren't in the appendix but they are listed on page 17.

is there not a command to dump the command list to a file .

?

To get the gold cheat try pressing Shift + T and entering it there. I don't have the game yet, but I read this on another website.

Cheatdialog
After applying "CheatCode = chipotle" in configuration-file, open console with ~ and use command "game.toggledebugmode".

With debugmode turned on you can press SHIFT+T to open CheatDialog to alter Gold and Technology
Cheat Effect
SHIFT+T CheatDialog
Insert Unit/City
After active the cheat mode, press ctrl+shift+left click on a tile. A menu will pop up and allow you to insert unit or city for players/opponent.
Cheat Effect
ctrl+shift+left click Insert Unit/City
Civilization IV Secrets
Enable cheats
In your Civilization config-file (check where you installed it), change

; Move along
CheatCode = 0

to

; Move along
CheatCode = chipotle
Debug menus and hot keys
After you have enabled debug mode there are a number of hot keys to bring up new menus and edit things on the map.

CTRL + w: brings up the world editor.
SHIFT + [: decreases a units strength that your mouse is over by 0.2.
SHIFT + ]: increases a units strength that your mouse is over by 0.2.
CTRL + 4: increases your gold by 1000.
CTRL + d: brings up the debug menu.

^^All this from Gamespot.

Trip said:
Been to both, neither compare with the Chipotle goodness.

Methinks you are biased due to the proximity. :mischief:

Using the cheatcode function seems to have buggered my copy of Civ4. I no longer get random standard-sized continents maps - irrespective of whom I play, I end up with the same map and the same starting location. I can't see any solution beyond uninstalling, deleting all data files/folders and reinstalling, which isn't ideal.

Top Bottom