1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheat Code (help with the world-builder...)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Soren Johnson, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mike8902

mike8902 Chieftain

I enter the cheat and it says something like setting gold for player [0] to 1000000, but my gold doesn't change at all. Do I have to enter my leaders name in a specific place? The help command doesn't help me at all it says player.setgold int playeridx, int gold . I dont know what to do can anyone help?

2. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

that means you first enter the player number, and then the amount of gold. I would have to see it to be any more detailed.

3. mohalen

mohalen Chieftain

ya chipotle thats what im talking about
    a nice huge burrrrrrrrrrrrrito, 1/2 barbacoa 1/2 carnitas, and extra everything!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

4. Zenith Omega 3

Zenith Omega 3 Chieftain

At what point in the game do you enter the word, "chipotle"? Forgive me for being so ignorant, please.

5. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

You edit the files.

6. Zenith Omega 3

Zenith Omega 3 Chieftain

So...I edit the .ini file? If I am assuming correctly, then what line of text do I edit with the word, "chipotle"?

7. Jon Shafer

Jon Shafer Civilization 5 Designer

Yes. There is a line in the .ini file which says "cheatcode=0". Change the "0" to "chipotle" and you're good.

8. Raize

Raize Chieftain

You'd think the flag would be intuitive, like "cheatcode=1" or something. But noooo, these guys gotta come out of left-field with something like "cheatcode=chipotle"...

9. Zenith Omega 3

Zenith Omega 3 Chieftain

I edited the .ini file by replacing the "0" with "chipotle". However, when I entered the game, I found no difference in cheating ability. Is there something I am not doing?

10. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

Are you trying to use the World-builder to edit a scenario/game etc? Or just cheat the game? It is for the former not the latter. See below.

:)

11. jimkirk

jimkirk Chieftain

how do you install these maps in civ4 in what folder?

12. Nucleon

Nucleon Chieftain

Ok i'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have cheatcode = chipotle all done. I can see the entire world map when I go into the world builder with civs so I it worked. However, I am unable to change my civilizations gold amount. When I use the code 'Player.setGold 0,5000' it is supposed to set my gold to 5000. When I enter it in, the game says Players gold set to 5000, but there is no change. When I look at my cities with the world builder, you can see the amount of gold you are supposed to have. Well that number simply reflects the one I put into the Player.Setgold command, buuuut it has no change to my ACTUAL gold amount. So while the worldbuilder says I have 5000 gold, and I do the player.setGold 0,5000 (0 means the active player, which is me, and I know of no way to find my ACTUAL player number... it's my only choice) , I still have currently 10gold to my name. Eehhhh, anyone got a clue what's going on here.

Edit: Upon surfing the forum, I found that shift+4 adds 1000 gold to my actual treasury. But I heard rumors that it also added it to all of the civs treasuries as well. When I try and use the World Editor to look at gold values it's just flat borked. It says that every single city in the game (my civ and all others has ) 2989 gold. MY CIV doesn't even have 2989....

13. frankieaquino

frankieaquino Chieftain

I haven't use the console command yet but what's the command line to toggle off fog of war....

Thanks

14. Granon

Granon Chieftain

When the cheats are turned on, pressing "+" will complete the current research project. If a city is selected pressing "+" will complete the current production item.

Anyone found anything else?

Shame on them for such poor list of keyboard shortcuts, the quicksave/quickload aren't in the appendix but they are listed on page 17.

15. hybrid5

hybrid5 Chieftain

is there not a command to dump the command list to a file .

?

16. fifafan247

fifafan247 Chieftain

To get the gold cheat try pressing Shift + T and entering it there. I don't have the game yet, but I read this on another website.

17. fifafan247

fifafan247 Chieftain

Cheatdialog
    After applying "CheatCode = chipotle" in configuration-file, open console with ~ and use command "game.toggledebugmode".

With debugmode turned on you can press SHIFT+T to open CheatDialog to alter Gold and Technology
    Cheat Effect
    SHIFT+T CheatDialog
    Insert Unit/City
    After active the cheat mode, press ctrl+shift+left click on a tile. A menu will pop up and allow you to insert unit or city for players/opponent.
    Cheat Effect
    ctrl+shift+left click Insert Unit/City
    Civilization IV Secrets
    Enable cheats
    In your Civilization config-file (check where you installed it), change

; Move along
    CheatCode = 0

to

; Move along
    CheatCode = chipotle
    Debug menus and hot keys
    After you have enabled debug mode there are a number of hot keys to bring up new menus and edit things on the map.

CTRL + w: brings up the world editor.
    SHIFT + [: decreases a units strength that your mouse is over by 0.2.
    SHIFT + ]: increases a units strength that your mouse is over by 0.2.
    CTRL + 4: increases your gold by 1000.
    CTRL + d: brings up the debug menu.

^^All this from Gamespot.

18. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Methinks you are biased due to the proximity. :mischief:

19. Craterus22

Craterus22 Chieftain

Is there an ini file command that allows us to turn off the clouds?

What about an ini command for turning off fog of war?

I would like to be able to have both of those features turned off without going to the cheat menu...

thanks

20. ranathari

ranathari Glasses

Using the cheatcode function seems to have buggered my copy of Civ4. I no longer get random standard-sized continents maps - irrespective of whom I play, I end up with the same map and the same starting location. I can't see any solution beyond uninstalling, deleting all data files/folders and reinstalling, which isn't ideal.