China in Your Hands: Ancient & Medieval Unit Pack, Part II (Sep 07, 2008)

Thanks Sandris - very good units....again please !
Can you make units in your fantastic style for the romans ?
I thinks we need also new hitthite and egyptian Warchariots....
Here are an example for an persian "Sichelwagen" from the game Alexander.

and new ancient armyanimations different for all your beautiful nations.

Thanks man

I am an archaeologist and historian for old history and find your work very good. My Chinese woman is also an historian for new history and was pleased today much about these beautiful units from of China history. We will build and to play still better against each other and with one another will be able these into our scenario. ROM vs.CHINA.

M.A. H.Balck

Take a look at my mod for JTCS:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1700964
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1824312
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1824811

Can you make units in your fantastic style for the romans ?
M.A. H.Balck

Yes, I plan to make complete unit lines for different major civs, also for the Romans. You just have to wait. :)

I would like to thank all of you for finding these units useful. :)

Now THIS is my kind of "Chinese Buffet" :D

I'll very likely use one or two of the units in the FF mod.

:lol: Aha-hahahahahaha... :cry: Aha-hahahahahahaha... :cry: Aha-hahahahahah... :cry:

Do you know what this means? *sniff, sniff*

This means that every single Chinese placeholder in pretty much every single sub-era slot I've got in my mod is GONE, GONE, GONE! No more fake Chin, Han, Tang, Song or whatever units. I had 'em all in there, fake as Pam Anderson's titties, but now we've got the real deal! Nothing's better than the real thing. I'm so astounded I want to make people believe that I'm crying (even though I'm not really, cuz uh...whatever). :dance:

The problem with adding Chinese to a mod is that and hour later you want to add them again :p

Another great unit pack, keep up the good work!

What I love best about Sandris' units is that he is dedicated to historical accuracy.
Awesome work. With all the units you've made, are making and will make, you are making my Civ experience a wonderful one. I can now play almost any civ and be totally immersed in their culture. Thank you!

Yeah~~~~~ I love you, Sandris!:king:

This pack is so ridiculously awesome that it created a time vortex on the scale of the Tunguska explosion of 1908 when you were born, endowing you with the powers of a Civ III demi-god. Then, years later, you made these units, which in turn created a time vortex that gave you your powers, which means that you have unlimited power and could easily become master of the entire world. However, you are so awesome you decided to keep making units for us to salivate over. Forever.
You are going to be here forever? Right? :D

worly7000's descriptions of each of the periods are fairly accurate (although there are some suspect interpretations in some of them, things that I'll only discuss over PM).

As far as which units can serve as UUs and not just "flavor" units, the Han crossbowman could represent a Zhuge-Nu (although the animation for this one doesn't actually show a repeater crossbow) and the Tang horse spearman could easily represent Tang heavy cavalry. The Han employed early versions of repeater crossbows; they're now known as "Zhuge-Nu," named after the strategist Zhuge Liang, but they may have been in use since before the Han Dynasty. Tang had to get many of their horses from the northern nomads, but they nonetheless had excellent cavalry.

Now that we have these Tang horsemen AND Dom Pedro II's Tang cavalry unit, there's more possibilities to choose from for the Sui and Tang Periods. :)

Speaking of which, are you considering doing a Korean pack sometime Sandris? I could get around to doing it myself now that I have some time before university starts, but I'd be curious about what you could come up with. :)

Speaking of which, are you considering doing a Korean pack sometime Sandris? I could get around to doing it myself now that I have some time before university starts, but I'd be curious about what you could come up with. :)

Actually, I have a small amount of images for Korean units, and that`s the only limit and obstacle I see for making them. If we could get more info on Korea in order to create the complete unit line from Bronze Age to Renaissance Era at least, then it would be reasonable to make them too.

:)

The easiest stuff to find would be for the Joseon Period. Anything before that is quite difficult to find online. There are Korean sources that would give lots of detailed information, but I don't know enough Korean to navigate them. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom