China supports McCain

Hmmmm.....using the same logic i've seen some people talking about Obama and his supporters with, this would make McCain a communist!:lol:

Hmmmm.....using the same logic i've seen some people talking about Obama and his supporters with, this would make McCain a communist!:lol:

Shhh... comrade Comrade, you'll give us McCain backers away.

That if good. When you said laws should be obeyed i guess you meant , all laws , correct ?

*sigh* Show me a current law in America that says I have to shoot my neighbor for no good reason and I'll disobey it. Show me a current law in America that says <blah blah blah, insert any whacked out abhorent blah blah> and chances are I'll disobey it.

What's that? Can't find anything like that? Thought not...

*sigh* Show me a current law in America that says I have to shoot my neighbor for no good reason and I'll disobey it. Show me a current law in America that says <blah blah blah, insert any whacked out abhorent blah blah> and chances are I'll disobey it.

What's that? Can't find anything like that? Thought not...

Ok. Why are you so defensive to a genuine question ? It seems more than a reflexive move than a genuine feeling. You are fighting windmills here.

So you would disobey laws you strongly disagree with. Provided they are American laws as you give no information for anything else. Fine.

Do you think there are no laws which you disagree with (Unfair) but are not willing to disobey because A) it is not worth it. B) It's margin of unfairness is not big enough ?

And more importantly our of your comment ...
Is there law outside of the US that may not be defined by the US goverment ? Which is your stance on that ?

Ok. Why are you so defensive to a genuine question ? It seems more than a reflexive move than a genuine feeling. You are fighting windmills here.
Because the typical response to my "law and order" stance is usually some crap like "oh, so you think slavery was cool, okay." That gets tiresome. I apologize if I misunderstood the meaning of your post.

So you would disobey laws you strongly disagree with. Provided they are American laws as you give no information for anything else. Fine.
Nope. There are plenty of laws I strongly agree with, but they are the law of the land. It's just that they are not immoral, abhorrent laws.

Do you think there are no laws which you disagree with (Unfair) but are not willing to disobey because A) it is not worth it. B) It's margin of unfairness is not big enough ?
I never said anything about not obeying unfair laws. Life isn't fair, so suck it up and get on with you life if you have an issue with a law you personally deem unfair. An unfair law is not the same as a morally indefensible law.

And more importantly our of your comment ...
Is there law outside of the US that may not be defined by the US goverment ? Which is your stance on that ?
Not even sure what you mean here. It is 7pm and I am heading home now. Reply and I'll your reply in an hour or so, if not sooner. :)

Because the typical response to my "law and order" stance is usually some crap like "oh, so you think slavery was cool, okay." That gets tiresome. I apologize if I misunderstood the meaning of your post.

Nope. There are plenty of laws I strongly agree with, but they are the law of the land. It's just that they are not immoral, abhorrent laws.

I never said anything about not obeying unfair laws. Life isn't fair, so suck it up and get on with you life if you have an issue with a law you personally deem unfair. An unfair law is not the same as a morally indefensible law.

Not even sure what you mean here. It is 7pm and I am heading home now. Reply and I'll your reply in an hour or so, if not sooner. :)

I see.

I think the strongly disagree thing referred to extremely damaging for a society laws , something more than unfair.

Would you obey them , also ? ( I think you will say no).

What kind of law do you think must exist or be obeyed or followed in other countries ?

Eh? The only reason why you're against slavery, segregation et al is because it's illegal and condemned now. It has nothing to do with the morality of it. Same crap with states rights.

I see.

I think the strongly disagree thing referred to extremely damaging for a society laws , something more than unfair.

Would you obey them , also ? ( I think you will say no).
I'd have to say case by case basis on this without knowing more of what you're getting at specifically. Please, though, I really am not in the mood to answer 100 specific examples. ;)

What kind of law do you think must exist or be obeyed or followed in other countries ?
Essentially feel the same way. You obey the rules and laws for the nation you are in. Remember that kid that got caned in...er... some SE Asia nation, I think maybe Indonesia? He broke the law and got the punishment for it. NO issue with what happened there.

Given the tremendous variety of the world, though, I am sure there are laws that exist in plenty of countries that I would give the big bird to.

Eh? The only reason why you're against slavery, segregation et al is because it's illegal and condemned now. It has nothing to do with the morality of it. Same crap with states rights.

Hey! You're not Miss Cleo.

Top Bottom