Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

That was fast! Save game compatible?

Edit: Worked with only messing the Top panel with "Brief description" everywhere. Shouldn't be a problem though... :p

2. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Ah, here are the plagues we all know and love...

The Herbalist appears to switch between requiring Pottery and Calendar when I start a game. Is this going to be a database error?

[Edit] Sir, you're gonna want to see this...

Attached Files:

• Logs.7z
      File size:
      30 KB
      Views:
  3. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I have something else you're going to want to see:
    Code:
    [225903.031] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cities in Development (v 44)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:774: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    [225904.546] TechTree: popupInfo.Data1: 0
    [225904.546] TechTree: popupInfo.Data2: -1
    [225904.546] TechTree: popupInfo.Data3: 0
    [225904.562] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cities in Development (v 44)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:774: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

4. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

I'm having a gamebreaking bug on turn 1. I settle my city, it tells me to choose my production, but it doesn't actually let me choose anything. I went to the city screen and it's mostly blank. I'm not using any mods that affect the city screen AFAIK, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
    Modlist:
    Spoiler :

EDIT: I even knocked my modlist down to nothing but ExCE, CP, and this and the problem persists.

5. dninemfive

dninemfive Chieftain

DoctorMcGann, you're using the latest official CP. You should be using the latest beta (v 79).

Is there a way to use this mod with City-State Diplomacy? With the DLL version (25) it breaks basically all of the UI, and with the non-DLL version (14) it overrides your city view screen, preventing me from seeing plague progress and loyalty. And the CP version is CBP-only.

Edit: Also, is there a way to purchase units with gold at all? With RtP Mercenary Army just makes contracts better, but I'd rather pay for my own units w/o using slaves.

6. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Ah, thanks, that'll do it.

7. L.Pepperbottom

L.Pepperbottom Chieftain

Yeah, you can turn that option off in the JFD_CID_UserSettings file.

('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_NO_GOLD_PURCHASING', 0), -- Removes rush-buying of non-Mechanized Military Units with Gold.

8. Tomahawk.nsk

Tomahawk.nsk Chieftain

This modification is compatible with DLL - Various Mod Components? Or only works with Community Patch?

9. saqib126

saqib126 Chieftain

Some of the cities in development buildings are missing their descriptions when using the (see test 1-3 screenshots) mods and EUI, atleast the first few basic city buildings from this mod are missing them(see the cities in development... screenshots). The link to the screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090274188/screenshots/

Any way to fix this? thx.

10. Chrisy15

Nope, just CP.

11. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Okay, I found a real (cosmetic) bug now. I founded a colony, and it now keeps telling me to build something in Norwich, which was the name of the city before the LUA replaced it with New London. Doesn't hurt anything, but now the 'build something' button is there every turn.

EDIT: And now I'm getting CTD's upon hitting next turn. :(

EDIT 2: It just happened again, and both times it was on the Barbarians turn.

12. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Chieftain

I am getting a very similar error/conflict with one of my favorite mods, IGE.
    Spoiler :
    C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cities in Development (v 44)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:780: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    Any suggestions?

(And I'm still having a problem where game crashes every time the screensaver kicks in? I had to turn it off entirely whenever I am playing.)

As always, thank you very much for your time and skillz, your Modjesty!

UPDATE: The more I looked at it, the more it became clear that at least for me v44 has serious issues, especially with the tech tree. (Even if I disable all mods except CP(all) and CiD) It doesn't actually crash, but it is unplayable just the same.

On a positive note, I'm not getting the 'boot to desktop' any more?

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

This is a conflict with Rise to Power - sort of. Will update RtP as soon as I can (tomorrow or next day).

14. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

A couple of months ago I brought up a bug with Venice and colonies, where even when colonies were disabled, there would be an error that could only be resolved by turning colonies on, which would cripple Venice since their puppets would be in constant revolt as colonies. I managed to recreate the error message, this is with both colonies and colony distance set to 0:
    Code:
    [531971.687] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cities in Development (v 44)\Components\Colonies\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ColoniesUtils.lua:128: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'defineAssimilateGoldReq' (a nil value)
    [531980.875] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Cities in Development (v 44)\Components\Colonies\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ColoniesUtils.lua:128: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'defineAssimilateGoldReq' (a nil value)

15. MictlanGod93

MictlanGod93 Chieftain

I'm getting a TXT_KEY_HAPPINESS error when using CiD in conjunction with the following mods:
    RtP
    Cultural Diversity
    ExCE
    Sukritackt's E&E
    Infoaddict
    CP+CBP (No EUI)

This happens when I check the happiness yield in the city screen or whenever the cursor hovers over the happiness panel and city banner. Any other info I should provide? That's really the only problem I'm encountering, any help here would be hot.

EDIT: sorry guys, I'm stupid and my post is as well. It was an error on my part. I activated the Balance Patch instead of the overhaul one that came with Vox Populi. No wonder the Spaniards conquered me

16. L.Pepperbottom

L.Pepperbottom Chieftain

Just wondering, is the worker supposed to cost 500? I was pumped to research Industrialization for the worker upgrade, only to find it would cost 1,350 per worker! Peasant costs 50 so maybe an extra 0 was added?

Also, I saw something similar was mentioned about the tech tree not working, I am unable to select a tech upon starting a game and it only happens when RtP is enabled.

Attached Files:

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Chrisy15

Found an exploit regarding plagues: Building settlers blocks starvation, and as such blocks plagues. In theory, citizens could still be killed by the random chance for them to die, but I honestly barely ever see that happen - does the chance definitely work?

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Plagues still reduce your Defense. That is an exploit inherent to the game, and I can't do anything about it. Not that I'm looking to make any significant changes at this point. I want to make it clear that I'm happy with the systems as they stand, and no longer have the energy to change them. There are only a few QoL things holding CID back from being finished - I don't think I'll bother with Development, now that Civ VI is coming up.

That chance no longer exists.

20. Chrisy15

...that explains a lot... :p

I don't think Development is even necessary - if its aim was to reduce the growth of tall empires, then plagues do that fantastically already. If you've got a couple of marshes around you, your capital won't grow very tall...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.