Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps there shouldn't be a crime for Health, and instead it should be moved to an altogether different feature called disease. Disease has played a huge role in history, and I think you could make a strong argument for it having its own feature.

Disease will be featured. It's another yield produced by some pollution-causing buildings (factories, airports, etc), some resources (tobacco, coal, etc.), and some environments (marshes, fallout, etc.). Probably some other things too that I'm forgetting. If I understand it correctly, the Disease yield counts up toward the outbreak of Plagues.

Botanist, Herbarian, Herb Doctor, Herbist, Herborist, Phytologist maybe. :think:

What the heck is a Phytologist...
*searches*
What the heck is a Phytologist? :p

Shaman? Nope, wait, I've been playing too many MMOPRGs lately. My initial thought was Apothecary, as Wolfdog already mentioned, but I remember that being used somewhere in somebody's mod. As Reedstilt said, they're all starting to blend together. :crazyeye: Pharmacy is probably too modern a term to use.

Yea, by me, in my mod :p It's the Medieval Age one. Shamanism is a belief though :D

From what I remember, CiD's Health building chain goes from (Herbalist) -> Apothecary -> Hospital.

I think pharmacy would work, especially considering the icon. Pharmacies go back quite a ways, so could easily be a Ancient building. Alternatively, the Herbalist could be renamed the Apothecary, and the Apothecary could become the Pharmacy (so the order is Apothecary -> Pharmacy -> Hospital).

Another alternative, given what the CBP's Herbalist does, maybe its name could be changed to something like a Forester or Arborist.

I really like to idea of calling it a Pharmacy! I was going to just call it a Healer, but I may switch. Thanks!

It's simpler to change the name of my building - as there are numerous references to the CBP Herbalist, but only a few to my Herablist.

Is this mod compatible with your other mod Cultural Diversity? I'm asking because I've been using both this mod, Cultural Diversity along with CPP (latest beta), R.E.D., Wonder race, Info addict and EUI and I'm getting some text errors in the city and when there's a ranking notification (who has the largest army ect.) I have some screenshots, let me know if you want to see them. Love this mod btw, adds so much depth to the game.

They are. These are TXT issues related to CBP, which I have fixed for the next update.

Drug Abuse seems a bit odd as the crime for health. I mean, yeah drug abuse would certainly do that, but I'm not sure if Drug Abuse has even been an epidemic on the same scale that the other crimes are. And it's more of a recent crime, isn't it? Like in the last 300 years or so. Before that, I'm not even sure if drugs were criminalized.

Perhaps something else could affect health, like pollution. Indiscriminate dumping of toxic waste or sewage in waterways or other public spaces would certainly affect health. Sort of ties in with a sanitation, although neither were likely strongly enforced for the majority of history.

Perhaps there shouldn't be a crime for Health, and instead it should be moved to an altogether different feature called disease. Disease has played a huge role in history, and I think you could make a strong argument for it having its own feature.

I'm not certain anything Health-related would be on the same scale as other Crimes - your argument against Drug Abuse, which I can agree to, would equally apply to pollution, I feel, as it could to prostitution (another suggestion from a while ago). As it's just a name, I'm open to changing what it is, however - Drug Abuse is the best I could come up with (although I still prefer Suicide).

As Reedstilt points out, Disease exists as a separate yield.

Disease will be featured. It's another yield produced by some pollution-causing buildings (factories, airports, etc), some resources (tobacco, coal, etc.), and some environments (marshes, fallout, etc.). Probably some other things too that I'm forgetting. If I understand it correctly, the Disease yield counts up toward the outbreak of Plagues.

Population, too.

So I'm getting this. Any solution ?
EDIT: Only happens when hovering on Faith tooltip (?)

Attachments

• 2016-02-16_00002.jpg
    2016-02-16_00002.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 138
I am pretty sure I'm using the latest version. Is there anyway I can verify this ingame ?

You can check the version on the .rar file in your downloads folder.

Hey JFD, I totally love your mods, they add so much depth to the game and are generally amazing.
But CID causes a very unfortunate bug which causes me to not be able to select production on turn 1. The other mods I was rolling with were EXCE RTP and the culture one, as well is NYAEMP and infoaddict.

(although I still prefer Suicide).

One day, when running for Office, someone is going to take this out of context :3

Personally, I think Drug Abuse makes more sense. Mental Illness is still very much common, but in some society's people committed suicide upon losing their honor. I can't think of any cultures that had drug overdoses as a cultural norm. As such, through this odd 11:00 logic, I think Drug Abuse is more related to Health then Suicide is.

One day, when running for Office, someone is going to take this out of context :3

Personally, I think Drug Abuse makes more sense. Mental Illness is still very much common, but in some society's people committed suicide upon losing their honor. I can't think of any cultures that had drug overdoses as a cultural norm. As such, through this odd 11:00 logic, I think Drug Abuse is more related to Health then Suicide is.

Rock culture? Also, I assume you know nothing of the great emo goddess, Bolica??

Hey JFD, I totally love your mods, they add so much depth to the game and are generally amazing.
But CID causes a very unfortunate bug which causes me to not be able to select production on turn 1. The other mods I was rolling with were EXCE RTP and the culture one, as well is NYAEMP and infoaddict.

Please look at the troubleshooting guide on the OP.

Peace Palace is a really awesome idea, and atm Resolutions don't appear to actually work (have enquired Pope Gazebo) - so a project-based resolution would be one workaround, as those appear to work. But with 'Jan is Dead' being the theme of the day, there is simply no hope for new wonders. I'll keep it in my back pocket though, in case I meet a genie or catch a smeargle.

I tried my hand at it. Here's the Icon:

And here's the splash screen:
Spoiler :

Hey JFD. I was wondering if you saw my suggestion for the transmission of organized crime through trade routes? It was kind of overshadowed by 6 other posts that were responding to something else that I had mentioned. I don't want to repost it for the sake of spamming, though I think that it would be an interwsting mechanic.

Btw, have you been able to make any progress regarding the Crime resolutions? They seem pretty awesome.

Spoiler :

That splash screen is excellent :). I might consider contributing art as well, if it is warranted.

I am encountering an odd bug/feature with this mod in particular wherein the palace has no production yield. That's making the early game...pretty slow and making Grassland Civs basically unplayable.

Mod list is:
Community Patch with EUI, and all associated mods including the balance patch
JFD's Rise to Power
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core and Soundtrack)
Sukitract's events and decisions

So is this intended, or a value that needs to be changed?

Spoiler :

Don't make me that person Reedstilt. I like it, but it would stand out like a sore thumb in my mods.

Hey JFD. I was wondering if you saw my suggestion for the transmission of organized crime through trade routes? It was kind of overshadowed by 6 other posts that were responding to something else that I had mentioned. I don't want to repost it for the sake of spamming, though I think that it would be an interwsting mechanic.

Btw, have you been able to make any progress regarding the Crime resolutions? They seem pretty awesome.

It's not spam - and I genuinely missed it. Could you please repost it.

No progress.

I am encountering an odd bug/feature with this mod in particular wherein the palace has no production yield. That's making the early game...pretty slow and making Grassland Civs basically unplayable.

Mod list is:
Community Patch with EUI, and all associated mods including the balance patch
JFD's Rise to Power
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core and Soundtrack)
Sukitract's events and decisions

So is this intended, or a value that needs to be changed?

That's intended, because with Happiness, excess Happiness (which you should have plenty of right at the start) contributes directly toward Production. You should net a bit more Production than what you've lost. But, you're using the balance patch - so I've obviously made a mistake somewhere causing it to not switch off when Happiness is switched off (as Happiness is not available for the CBP). Will fix.

Reedstilt, I will add your Grain Elevator before Health's release today. Did you have any idea behind where it should go in the tech tree?

Railroads would be a good place for it. It should be a Modern Era building, and Railroads makes sense with being able to transport your industrial-scale agricultural products all over your nation. Plus there's not a lot going on at Railroad at the moment so the tech wouldn't be overcrowded.

Also, Health is coming out today? Awesome. I know what I'll be doing later then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom