Civ 4 Sucession Game Registration Thread!

Our SG still needs a final member. We hope you could join us in RK12. It's a simple Monarch game that guaranteed not to give you headaches.
:lol:

My first SG still has 4 open slots. Prince/Monarch game. Focus is on improving skill level, with an emphasis on early wars. Aimed at Noble/Prince players wanting to improve and also vets who don't mind sharing with us their wisdom.:lol:

Edit: Sorry, but roster's currently full! More than welcome to join the discussion as a lurker though. :D

NL-01: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327522

PtP2 has unfortunately lost some of its members.
So we are recruiting for some new ones to take their place.

Our game is a 3 City Challenge with the aim of a cultural victory.
We are about a quarter of the way through at the moment so there is still plenty of game to be played...come join us!

EDIT:Our two open slots have now been filled up...feel free to lurk us though!

Hi with the very succesfull conclusion of Expansive Dreams just round the corner I'm starting up a new game called A Spiritual Odyssy .

This will be a game featuring everyones favorite religious zealot, Justinian!

We may well be trying for a vareint here where we can only attack civs and cities that share our state reliogion. A kind of annexing of the faithfull.

So far we have 4 players but another 2 would be lovely.

Difficulty monarch or emporer.

Just drop by the thread to register intrest.

Hi,

trying to get a few more people for a game "Hot Culture Day", we will try to achieve a cultural victory, difficulty will be prince, playing with Gandhi, map Continents, size Standard and only cultural victory.

Currently only 2 of us, so looking for two or three more.

Well with the victorious conclusion of Expansive Dreams my next SG A Spiritual Odyssy is now up and running.

We are looking for one more player to join our team.

Our leader is Justinian of the Byzanian Empire

The game is Monarch level but if you play at Prince or even Noble and would like to advance your game then don't be shy. If you play above Monarch then maybe our varient will intice you in!

Varient you say? Why yes!

Based on a suggestion by Sirloin the varient is thus
For this game we are going to try a variation based on a suggestion by Sirloin.
Spoiler :

I've had an idea for a SG variant that I'd always wanted to try that maybe you'd consider for this game. Its a war variant that jives well with the Spiritual trait, but it has significant diplomatic challenges:

Denomination Domination. Its in the style of a religious war, but instead of destroying the unbelievers (non-state religion), its about purifying the various factions of your own state religion to make sure they follow the path exactly how you think is right. In other words:

Win by domination, but we're only allowed to declare war or capture cities of a civ that shares our state religion. We can change religions as often as we like, BUT we can't switch to a religion unless we control its holy city.

So this game would be about controlling religions, probably founding as many as we can, spreading them heavily, and balancing the diplomatic shockwaves we'd be dealing with by continuously attacking our allies and their friends. We would have to be very careful about religions that we didn't control, because if someone else founds one and spreads it heavily within their empire, it could be extremely difficult to get them to convert, especially since we'd never be able to share their religion for diplomatic bonuses, which would ultimately make them immune to our attacks.

Now some aspects of this suggestion I consider to be to restricive such as needing to control the Holy City to switch to a religion. So based on this idea these are my suggestions for the varient rules.

1. If a rival civilisation is in the same state religion as us we can DoW and all their cities are fair game.

2. If our potential victim is a different state religion to us and we can't convince them to swap to our state relgion (using diplomacy or espionage) then we can only annex cities containing our state religion.

If you interested then please drop by the tread and let us know or PM me.

I look forward to hearing from you!

My schedule is too unpredictable to play a succession game, but I came up with an idea last night if anyone wants to try it.

I call it "Crazy Razy", and the variant is that you must raze any city that you capture, including capitals and including holy cities. I figure Montezuma is the likely leader, and this would work best on a pangaea map.

Variants might include:
  • having to raze at least one city (size 7+) from every other civ, and/or
  • having to raze any holy city that is not in your civ, and/or
  • for a real challenge, having to raze all other capitals.

Don't forget to send those settlers along with your armies.
Have fun.

Fact: Great Prophets never win Oscars for Best Great Person!

Are you driven with the desire to prove their worth? Maybe not, but do join the Great Prophet Game, where we make a living out of settling Great Merchant wannabes!

Join now! Emperor difficulty. Two more players needed!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=329624

SAM-03 Sheaves and Mizzens is currently full. Its a tectonics mediterranean style map with an emphasis on obtaining privateers and a modern-era war. We'll be playing emperor level so stop by and check us out. See SAM-03 for more details.

hey now all ~

an SG I'm in has had a few drop-outs, including the captain, and we need maybe 2-3 more players ~

thanks to GreyFox and negyvenketto for joining up ~ i think we'd still take one more if anyone was just dying to play ;)

NL-01: Art of War is a monarch-level game that has become a "just win" variant.

I thought this would be the proper place for this:

:popcorn:

We have a new smiley made for lurkers! Lurkers rejoice!

I got an idea for a game(well two).

What is better? To war in the early game conquer all nearby civs and spend the latter of the game building a dominant empire?

Or spend the first half of the game rexing than followed by building a large empire and a large military, than when the tech 'Gunpowder' is researched, use that large army to conquer the (known) world?

My idea is to get two teams, the first with the handicap of having to go to war in the first half of the game. When the half point is reached (whatever that may be) the team must not fight any more wars for the remainder of the game. If declared upon, no cities must be taken (unless it is recapturing your own city) and war must be finished straight away. You must not be at war while passing that 'half point' in the game.

The Second team must play the opposite. Basically they can not declare war for the first half of the game, and if they are attacked upon they must not take any enemy cities. (unless recapturing their own cities). When the half point is passed, the civ may declare war on will.

I have no time to host such a game, i'm just giving the idea out there for anyone to use.

looking for a one or two more in this Immortal-Just win game...

immortal (and even emperor) virgins welcome!

PH17

Top Bottom