1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 4 Sucession Game Registration Thread!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by CoolioVonHoolio, Nov 8, 2005.

1. v8_mark

v8_mark Prince

Anyone looking to start a monarch/emperor SG at some point? If so, SG virgin checking in :)

2. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Chieftain

V8_mark, I am thinking about it. I am also an SG noob who has just moved up to Prince, so a Monarch SG would be a good challenge.

I'll wait a couple of days for some feedback in this thread and then maybe try and start one up!

3. v8_mark

v8_mark Prince

Great stuff - roll up people :)

4. v8_mark

v8_mark Prince

Shall we kick one off tomorrow and wait for signups?

5. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Chieftain

Sounds good. Any thoughts on settings or variants? Leaders, map scripts, victory conditions?

I've been following SAM-03 Sheaves and Mizzens (A tale of the Sea) and was thinking the Tectonics/Mediterranean script might be cool to check out. Also, I've never even tried for a UN diplo victory :eek:, as diplomacy is a bit of a weakness for me, but that might not be the most exciting victory condition for a SG.

I'm pretty easy going on leaders, but perhaps if we pick some sort of variant, a certain leader might make sense.

Are you going to start it up or shall I?

6. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

i started up a new game as several seem to be winding down for me.

PH18: We Hates You'se is a teamed game with 2 other AI vs 3 other teams of 3. most settings still open for debate, so anyone interested, check in.

SG virgins, experienced players and SG whores all welcome :D

7. v8_mark

v8_mark Prince

How about a Monarch game with an emphasis on diplomacy in some way. I would suggest a Spiritual leader for easy civic changes - maybe Gandhi?

Any more variant rules? Feel free to start it up; if not, I can though.

8. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Chieftain

9. playshogi

playshogi Emperor

deleted, wrong place

10. Mike Lemmer

Mike Lemmer Prince

Would anyone be willing to run a Vanilla Succession game?

11. autocon

autocon Deus da Guerra

hi, looking for a standard monarch game. can't "lead" it (start threads, keep the thing going, sending a ton of posts) because of time constraints

12. Hsinchu

Hsinchu Prince

I don't know what "run" entails, but I'd be willing start one if at least two other people wanted to pass it around.

13. Sengir

Sengir Deity

For Sengir03 I'm looking for a mapmaker. Someone capable of creating balanced maps and with the time to do so can reach me by pm. Any takers will be greatly appreciated and receive one internet cookie.

Unfortunately, creating the map for Sengir03 will also exclude you from playing it (though you can play it for yourself of course).
    Sengir03 will be started sometime this week hopefully (depending on the above requested mapmaker), here are my latest thoughts on the game. There will be at least one spot available, as Meiz won't be making a reappearance in the roster. Other spots are reserved for the players of Sengir01 and Sengir02 (who happen to be exactly the same)

14. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Chieftain

We've had a player step out for a month or so in TF-1 All Praise the Mahatma Day! and could use another player!

Monarch, going for diplomatic win with a few players in their first SG's. SG virgin's and experienced veterans welcome!

15. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Rise of the Imperator is the first of 3 succession games aimed at improving difficulty level. There are currently 4 roster openings 2-3 players looking to get over the Monarch hump and 1-2 Emperor or higher level players to help us improve our game.

1. Lord Civius
    2. Korias
    3. Open
    4. Autocon
    5. Glenmetz

16. autocon

autocon Deus da Guerra

interested, monarch player moving up to emperor, please let me know if i may join

17. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

You're in, what spot do you want on the roster? I actually just got 2 domination wins in a row on Emperor. Used Catherine and Victoria so I don't know if that counts. So I can take the first spot if no one else wants it.

18. autocon

autocon Deus da Guerra

4th spot should be fine. just wanted to add i'll need to get used to epic speed but i'm seeing it as part of the fun

looking forward to it

19. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I went ahead and started the game so you can have the next 30 turns if you want.

20. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Only one spot left on the Rise of the Emperator SG left, any takers?

1. Lord Civius
    2. Korias
    3. Open
    4. Autocon
    5. Glenmetz