1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 4 Sucession Game Registration Thread!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by CoolioVonHoolio, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Asaf

Asaf Sleep Deprived

Monarch Charming could use reinforcements.
    We are already in the 17th century, but still far from completing!

:trouble:
    This is a Warlords game on monarch level, which turned out to be somewhat of a warmongering game.
    Come, join us on the battlefield!
    :ar15:

2. FiveRings

FiveRings Prince

I would join, however I am still struggling with Prince, and have never played a SG so might have some difficulties on the technical side, too.

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

I have some free time. Looking for any SC which needs a player. Can put in a steady hour every night, but will tell if I can't. Dominates in everything lower than Noble. Top of the pack on Noble, and in the middle on Prince. Comfortable at playing Prince. Ok with everything lower than Monarch, but I can mess things up sometimes because I'm not used to that yet.

4. Sengir

Sengir Deity

Started a new SG:
    The Orwellian State

Epic, Emperor, Hammi, Continents, and some variant rules :D

5. Trynthlas

Trynthlas King

6. Mikehendi

Mikehendi IDHEOMHRN

7. Trapper439

Trapper439 Chieftain

I would very much like to play in a (Vanilla, I don't have Warlords or BTS) Succession game at either Emperor or Monarch level. but at the moment I don't know how to post screenshots, let alone do dotmaps. I asked about posting screenshots in the "Quick Answers-"Newbie" Questions" thread and should probably look further into the answers I was given...

Would it be unreasonable of me to ask if anyone wants to play a game where the person following me in the roster posts the screenshots until I get the hang of it myself? Obviously it would be best if some other person created the game so that they could post shots of the starting position, etc.

Just to give an idea of the level of my play, at the moment I'm playing mostly Monarch Pangaea games (with the occasional Emperor thrown in) with a random leader, mostly trying for Domination wins. At Emperor level I've had two Domination wins (the first with Louis XIV in 1907AD, the second with Washington in 1866AD) and some Space, Diplomatic and Cultural wins. I do have a tendency to restart a lot after an hour or so, I'd probably only win every time at Prince or perhaps Noble.

If anyone was willing to play with my non-screenshot-posting self they'd be more than welcome to choose the map type and leader.

Any expressions of interest would be most welcome. I love reading the Succession game threads and think it would be fascinating to be a part of one.

8. MatrixTheKitty

MatrixTheKitty Skitty

9. Mikehendi

Mikehendi IDHEOMHRN

We're looking for some VERY brave prince-monarch-emperor players for the

MH2 - Monarchs take on Deity

game.

You need to be prepared to discuss micromanagement a bit more then in usual SG's. We're really trying to win here :)

The current team consists of

Mikehendi
    Stochastic
    Happyturte
    OPEN
    OPEN

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372730

10. SilkwormTR

SilkwormTR Chieftain

I have not been playing Civ4 for a long while and decided to come back. I was fine with Prince and after my last couple of weeks, I'm doing fine in Monarch games. 4/4 domination wins so far, with Continents standard map and random climate.

I would like to participate in an emperor or immortal game for Civ4 Vanilla (V 1,74). I know BTS is the favorite kid now but with Civ5 coming in a month, I really don't want to experience the learning curve of the BTS.

Trapper has shown an interest for a Vanilla game and as far as I understand, his/her skill with the game is similar to mine. If 2-3 people more can show up (if you are not all busy playing SC2) we can try emperor/immortal.

11. obsolete

obsolete Deity

12. Mikehendi

Mikehendi IDHEOMHRN

Do you always depend on your capital being your best city, miles ahead of all other cities? How would it be if that capital suddenly disappeared?

Come find out and join

MH3 - The Capital-less-ts!!

We're still in the process of deciding the secondary rules, so come and add a bit of flavour to the game!

13. Ichabod

Ichabod Gaucho

14. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

8 City Challenge looking for players to improve city specialization. Emp/Standard/Continents

15. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

16. FiveRings

FiveRings Prince

I bought 2 Completes, and still can't play the BtSq as there's an installing-uninstalling-installing issue. Please, someone start a game for Warlords at level prince (I am constantly beaten at the Monarch)

17. Cam_H

Cam_H Deity

In light of ^ ...

The Sword of Osman is a Monarch Warlords game where the protagonist is Mehmed II. As I type, the roster has three spots open.

Errr ... bit of a flop ... lost to our own variant rule. :(

Take 2 ... The Sinister Scheme of Dr. Fu Manchu ... happy to take new players prepared to stick the Warlords CD into their drive! ;)

18. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Still one spot open on The Tsarina's 8-person roster. BTS, Prince, Raging Barbs, City Flipping After Conquest on Archipelago/Snaky Continents with Cathy for some good ol' REXing fun! :D

19. vranasm

vranasm Deity

a lot of room in the new SG I started here

Settings:

Sury leader
    Immortal diff
    Pangea map type
    no events
    no huts

no too restrict rules, just some twist ones.

20. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored