Civ 4 Sucession Game Registration Thread!

JerichoHill said:
Hi, I'd like to join in the next SG game...

Hi JerichoHill,

Unfortunately, you can't use this thread to "place your quarter on the Street Fighter game", i.e. ask to be in the next game. Games happen at random and some of the starters don't post in here.

Here's what I recommend:
--Subscribe to this thread so that any new games that pop up you'll be notified about*
--Glance through the games below. Anything that has 20 posts or less may still be looking for players. Make sure you read the description carefully because some of the games have stringent requirements for joining. Check back every day or so, you're bound to find an open one
--There's a couple Planning Threads out there, usually rosters are built in advance for games in them. Again, make sure you qualify before volunteering.

Good luck!

*I apologize to subscribers of this thread who came and visited because this post notified them

JOE-2 Germany's Revenge

We are desperate for one more player due to drop-outs. If you're interested, please make it known in the game thread (linked above). We're still pretty early in the game so you should be able to find your feet in it pretty quickly.

ROSTER:
1. JesusOnEez
2. REM > MIA
3. Shadzy19
4. Mutineer
5. JerichoHill
6. Open

JOE

b]Background[/b]

After World War II, the UN imposed a sauction against Japan, disallowing it to develop military power. As it is, Japan is allowed to maintain a sizeable force enough for its self-defense.

Variant Rule of the Game

We would play as Japan, and based on the above background, the main varaint for this SG will be: Japanese military units cannot set foot outside a friendly border.

Based on this main theme, here are the rules:

(1) During peace time, all military units can only end its movement within Japanese border, or any other nation's border with whom we have an Open Border agreement. Troops within a transport is an exception.

(2) We cannot declare war on others. We cannot declare war when asked by other Civ, unless the target victim is already at war with at least two other Civs (This simulate Japanese sending its troops to the Gulf War), or unless we have a defensive pact (in which case war is automatic).

We may, however, decide that Japan is strong enough to disregard the UN sauctions and declare war on everybody and never sign peace.

(3) When at war, military troops are allowed to move out.

(4) Troops are allowed to move into barb city to attack. With rule (1), this means that the barb city must be close by so that a military unit can start its movement from a friendly city and end its movement in the barb city within the same turn. If troops in the barb city razed the city, they must move back to a friendly border as soon as possible.

(5) Scouts, Explorers, Settlers, Workers, Missionaries, Spies are considered non-military unit. Work Boats and any form of transport vessel are considered non-military unit as well.

Game Details

Civ: Japan - Tokugawa (Agressive/Oragnized)
Map: To be discussed, thinking of Continental or Archipelago
Size: Standard/Large
Speed: Normal
Difficulty: Noble/Prince/Monarch, depending on players preference
Victory Condition: All enabled, we would preferably win by Space to simulate Japan rising as an economic power, but that is only preferable.
Players: Looking for 4~5 more players. All are welcomed, including noobs. Just looking to have fun.
SG Ethiquette: Usual SG norm applies. 24hrs got-it, another 48hrs to play and report.

EDIT: Sorry guys, roster full.

We are looking for some players to play in a 6CCC game that Nad started. We are getting close to the modern era. If anyone wants to practice their modern war skills or like modern wars, then this is a good game to join.

We are working on the second continent.

6CCC - monarch level game in progress

We have room for 2 - 3 more players.

Concurrent Succession Game
Are you looking to improve your game and compare your play to others - this is the SG for you. Visit link for more details.

Roster and discussion are currently OPEN

"Jumping to Prince" SG: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=163412

If you're a Noble player having trouble jumping to Prince or an experienced Prince player with oodles of patience to teach not only Princely noobs, but also SG noobs, Come on over....we need 2 or 3 more! ~ we're all set now!

We need a couple more players in CTIV-6. If you're in the mood for a Healthy Space Race, feel free to join. Everyone welcome.

EDIT: Ok, we got a couple players in. Thanks for looking.

I've just started Spl01 - Noobish Players Try the Concurrent Format. If you're a noble level player, new to SGs, or want to learn with players your level, this is the game for you. We'll be playing at the Prince level.

For details, see: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3833928#post3833928

There are 2 slots left. That's all.

Spl01 - Noobish Players Try the Concurrent Format (link in sig) Is still open, with one slot remainng. While we have started, we are on turnset 2, and there's still time to join in.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=154753

RB12 Roadkill - we are looking for a player to join in (only two left at present!).

Non-standard game rules are "no road-building, but OK to use roads in captured lands".

We are at the dawn of 20th century, but the tech level is early Industrial. Solid position with potential to win by space, military or perhaps even diplo?

I am bored, and down to 2 SGs. So I figured I can start a new one ...

Acknowledgement

This idea was inspired by Chaos SG by Munterpipe and an earlier Civ3 SG LotR8b.

Background

We are a mindless tribe of minions with absolutely no goal in life ... except to worship the RNG (Random Number Generator) God. RNG, in fact, dictates everythng in a Civ4 game, from combat outcome to whether you have resources near your capital. So, this SG is an ultimate tribute to Him.

The Game

After the first round of turnsets, we will start praying to the RNG God on what to do next. RNG God will then tell us, by means of a dice roll, what is our next objective. We will do our best to fullfill the objective to aplease the RNG God.

The Variant

We will, under no circumstances, discuss among ourselves what vioctory conditions to aim for, and how to achieve victory. We may (and should) discuss how to achieve the current objective as decreed by the RNG God.

Other Finer Details

The following are some of the ideas to be discussed by players.

Game Settings

I am thinking of randomizing most of the game setting, from player's civ, leaders to map type. However, I will restrict map size to large or standard.

To make sure this is doable, I am thinking of trying this out with Noble difficulty, but with raging barbarian turned on.

The RNG God's List of Objectives

The basic idea is to roll 2 dices, and dependng on the roll, one objective will be decreed. This is the list of objectives I come out with, not finalized, can be tweaked once players are confirmed.

Code:
Dice Roll    Objective
----------   ---------
 1, 1        Start a Golden Age
 1, 2        Build a Wonder (World/Project/National)
 1, 3        Generate a Great Person (can be via tech research)
 1, 4        Amass N+1 times our current gold (N = number of cities)
 1, 5        Learn a tech that enables a wonder or a religion
 1, 6        Learn a tech in the next age or future tech
 2, 2        Capture cities from 3 different Civs (including barbarian)
 2, 3        Capture or found 3 more cities
 2, 4        Capture or found a holy city with shrine
 2, 5        Capture or found a new city with a World Wonder
 2, 6        Ensure at least 3 Civs are at war (need not be us)
 3, 3        Eliminate a Civilization
 3, 4        Connect a new reources
 3, 5        Get a unit with 25 exp
 3, 6        Capture a city with new resources
 4, 4        Build a World Wonder
 4, 5        Kill 10 enemies
 4, 6        Learn a Tech that allows new unit
 5, 5        Capture a size 10 city
 5, 6        Learn a Tech no one knows
 6, 6        Get something for free (peace treaty is ok) from other Civ
Note that the probability of these objectives are different (those with same numbers is half the probability of those with different numbers).

Fulfiling/Failing an Objective

Once we fullfil an objective, the dice is rolled again to get a new objective

I am thinking of limiting each objective to 30 turns. If we fail to achieve the objective, we are punished. The punishment may be (1) gift a city. (2) whip all cities, or (3) disband the strongest unit in each city,

Players

Looking for 4-5 more players to join me in this crazy game. No qualifications, excep must have fun. :)

-

CLOSED

I easily worked the way up the difficulty ladder from warlord to noble to prince, but I can't seem to get a win on monarch. If there is enough interest I am looking to start "JJ01-Moving up to Monarch" for players like me. It would also be nice to have one or two experienced players to help us along.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165059

Monarch Level
Settings to be discussed

Roster:
Jeejeep
rddc05
TomPW
Kikinit
Mutineer

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165110

Civilization: England (Leader: Victoria; Traits: Expansive, Financial)
Rivals: 8 Angry Men (Alex, Biz, Genghis, JC, Monty, Mao, Naps & Toku)
Difficulty: Noble
Map: Pangaea
Mapsize: Standard
Climate: Temperate
Water level: Medium
Starting Era: Ancient
Speed: Epic
Victory Conditions: all enabled, but anything less than conquest is a loss!
Variant: Raging BARBS!! Always War!!

Roster Finalized, thanks all!

anyone wants to start Emperor or immortal game? like pangea, 14 civs, no barbs maybe?? we could be mansa or incas , or whoever..

People looking for chalange

Civilization - > Incas
AI - > 13 (lucky number) random AI civs
Difficulty - > Immortal
Map -> Pangaea
Mapsize: -> Large
Climate -> Temperate
Shore Line -> Random
Starting Era -> Ancient
Speed -> Epic
Victory Conditions: all but space race (ofcourse we are going for culture :lol: )
Variant: No barbs

1. acidsatyr
2. open
3. open
4. open
5. open
6.?
7.?

5 people min. Will open for 7 if there is interest (should be mad fun) :crazyeye: :goodjob:

Let me know so i can roll the dice and start the game

Top Bottom