1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 Design Challenge IV - History/Eras

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by Keniisu, Jan 13, 2016.

1. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

Mobfire's win, then?

2. Mobfire

Mobfire Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

Alright. The next challenge will be based off of Mongol conquests of the world, so around 1206-1337. Civilizations should be from that general time period and have historical involvement in Mongol wars and raids.

3. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

Wasn't this already a challenge?

4. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

I mean, the Age of Exploration was already done (I proposed it, that's why I remember lol) but we just did a challenge during the same period, albeit longer since it included new imperialism as well. This time frame and restriction could be too narrow and basically just be a repetition of the original Pax Mongolica era challenge, but idk maybe not. Either way, we're eventually gonna run out of historical eras if we haven't already at some point in time.

5. Mobfire

Wait, there was a Pax Mongolica challenge? In that case, I can change it to something else. Just give me a moment to think about it.

6. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Duke of Savoy

Maybe the Cold War?

7. Mobfire

Ehh, I'm going to go with the Early Crusades (12th and 13th Centuries). Hopefully that hasn't been done before. Also, it's probably better if the Reconquista is left out since it could (potentially) be a challenge of it's own.

8. Keniisu

Keniisu YouTuber | Modder

:c5faith: Papal States (Pope Innocent III)

UA: Liberty of the Church -
    Upon the spreading of your Religion :c5faith:, gain Tourism :tourism: with the civilization who's city you spread to. The more Influential :tourism: your civilization is with another, your military units gain bonus Combat Strength :c5strength: against them. (Increases by +10% Strength :c5strength: per Influence level.) Inquisitors and Bishops cost -25% Faith :c5faith: to purchase.

UU: Bishop -
    Replaces the Missionary. Unlike the Missionary it replaces, when the Bishop spreads the Faith :c5faith: to an enemy city, grant your civilization with extra Faith :c5faith: and hinder the Culture :c5culture: of the civilization you are spreading the Faith :c5faith: to. (Takes away Culture :c5culture: from the civilization equal to Faith :c5faith: you gain per turn.)

UB: Council -
    Replaces the Garden. Unlike the Garden it replaces, it yields +3 Faith :c5faith: and +20% Production :c5production: towards Military Units if your religion is dominant in the city. Whenever an Inquisitor or Missionary is purchased in this city where this is built, gain a small Culture :c5culture: boost.

9. TheSuperDodo

TheSuperDodo Unsettler

:c5faith: Knights of St. John :c5war:
    Gerard Thom
    UA: Pie Postulatio Voluntatis
    Cities with a garrison produce +1 :c5faith: Faith and gain +10% :c5food: growth. May pay :c5faith: Faith to heal units within your territory.
    UU: Hospitaller
    Replaces Longswordsman. May be purchased with :c5faith: Faith. Gains +20% :c5strength: Combat Strength if it is stationed on the same tile as a civilian unit.
    UB: Order Hospital
    Replaces Barracks. Units built in a city with an Order Hospital start with the Medic promotion and +1 XP for each follower of your religion in this city, in addition to the Barracks' +15 XP.

10. kul

kul Prince

CanI do something along those time range, but not exactly related to the crusades? Been thinking about something less eurocentric

11. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

I'm betting you want to do something Indonesian :rolleyes: Just do something Arab or Turk for less eurocentrism, as it'll still be related on the Crusades then :p

12. kul

kul Prince

Nah, they are already full with civ ideas. I'll just stick around in the voting then

13. Arison

Arison Eagerly awaiting Ragnarok

Yay Northern Europe!

14. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

:c5war: The Teutonic Knights :c5war:
    :c5capital: Acre
    Heinrich

UA: Magister Hospitalis
    Units :c5plus: heal an additional 5 HP per turn every turn regardless of actions taken. This bonus is doubled when near a :c5war: great general. May expend great general points to construct improvements in neutral or friendly territory. Upon becoming friendly with a :c5citystate: city-state for the first time, it gifts whatever is the most modern infantry unit they have tech for; units gifted this way cost no strategic resources.

UU: Livonian
    Replaces Longswordsman. Available at Chivalry. The empire can expend :c5faith: faith to provide Livonians with additional :c5moves: movement when in foreign territory. :c5strength: Combat strength increased for each follower of the most popular religion on your empire in the closest city. When gifted by a :c5citystate: city-state, :c5war: experience doubled.

UI: Ordensburg
    Available at Chivalry. +100% :c5strength: Defense and :c5rangedstrength: ranged strength to units stationed on an Ordensburg for at least 2 turns. When worked by :c5occupied: occupied cities, +1 :c5happy: local happiness, +1 :c5gold: gold, and +1 :c5culture: culture (Doubled at combustion).

15. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

A nightmare for modder, I imagine. Also need another name better than "Nest"

16. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Hmmm...

Kingdom of Jerusalem(Baldwin II)
    UA: Latins of the Levant
    Receive a unit when a :c5greatperson: Great general is born in a city following your religion, and an additional unit for each active declaration of friendship you've made. Garrisoned units will reduce pressure for other religions in conquered cities (like inquisitors), and will grant you :c5faith: faith and :c5culture: culture for each foreign follower they eliminated.

UU: Crusader Knight
    As suggested by its name, the crusader knight replaces the knight, and unlike it, costs no maintenance and has a significantly smaller (10%) penalty vs. Cities, which is never felt due to the foreign lands bonus (+25% :c5strength:) that this unit receives. Additionally, it receives one of the unique "Templar" and "Hospitaller" promotions.

UB: Templar House
    Replaces bank. In addition to being unlocked earlier, at chivalry, the Templar house also yields +1 :c5gold: gold for each friendly foreign unit inside the territory of the city, and grants double base yields if the city has a garrison. Grants a sum of :c5greatperson: great general points when built in a conquered city.

Promotions:
    Spoiler :
    Templar: Starts with Shock I. When garrisoned, grants +1 :c5faith: faith and +3 :c5strength: for each religious building in the city.
    Hospitaller: Starts with Medic I. When garrisoned in a city, it will heal extra 10 HP per turn and it will also receive +20% :c5production: production towards defensive buildings.

17. Troller0001

Troller0001 I've anxiously awaited your arrival!

I'm not sure how this turned out...

The Bosnian Church (The Djed)
    EDIT: Changes are in blue
    I probably focused way too much on Faith gain/religion here :/

EDIT2: Just noticed that Natan's unit also has the 'Gain Faith per religious building'-thing :blush:

18. DudewiththeFood

DudewiththeFood King

No particular focus apart from bias towards gold/war. Also the religion can just be a majority rather than self-founded.

19. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Vote? 15 days and counting already

20. Arison

Arison Eagerly awaiting Ragnarok

If we're voting I'll go with Trolly lolly's Bosnia. I like that there's a whole load of synergy in it.