Civ Elimination-Who will win?

how about a game like this with the SP's? not the categories, but the individual ones

I have time right now, so I'll make one for the UUs as well. That could take a loooooong time, but heck, it'll be fun.

Boy, I don't know. Now that they've patched the Stealth Bombers so B-17's can upgrade to them and the Stealth's can get promotions, hard to beat that free evasion + free city bombardment.

hmmm.... they do come awfully late in the game, though.

This thread was the most fun I've had with Civ in a long time. Please, do another - unique abilities, or DLC threads, either would be great. It has been great entertainment checking the thread every hour or so while at work the past couple days - and I'm going to work in an hour. New thread please!

If it's unique units, PLEASE, just once people, TRY an Indian war elephant rush before you vote! Exceedingly strong, exceedingly underrated - I'd put it up there with original release Companion Cavalry rushes for just how strong it is. Yet so very few seem to think much of them - which has always had me puzzled.

Aaaaannd the UU one is HERE. Enjoy!

@Kevin J: I agree, War Elephants are underrated often. If used correctly, they can be quite useful, but lose their promotions once upgraded (which is a huge disadvantage considering how much I use them when playing as India).

Aaaaannd the UU one is HERE. Enjoy!

@Kevin J: I agree, War Elephants are underrated often. If used correctly, they can be quite useful, but lose their promotions once upgraded (which is a huge disadvantage considering how much I use them when playing as India).

Very true, and an unfortunate limitation of this unit. It's an amazing early unit, but loses upgrades later on. Around half of your promos are still good, but it's a kick in the shins to see your once-invincible units lose their shine.

But to be honest, I don't think many people go conquering that early - most people go NC first. For that approach, later UU's such as Narusean's Elephant or Keshiks are stronger. But for a right-from-the-get-go warmonger approach, I don't think there's a better unit in game.

For those willing to play with mods, Thalassicus' Balance Combined mod has promotions convert to the appropriate type (ranged/melee) when upgraded - makes upgrading highly promoted units like the War Elephant a lot less painful!

Can someone explain what is so great about Songhai?

Ive never played as them because I always thought their UA was one of the worst.

Ive never played as them because I always thought their UA was one of the worst.

UA = ton of money if you only make warriors and go barb camp hunting.
can rush buy everything you ever need :D
works best on big maps with single continent imho

Their UA is pretty good, but it's the combination of all their traits that makes them an incredibly well rounded warmonger. The extra culture from their UB means you can plow through policies early/mid game. And the Mandu Cavs give you a highly mobile city taking force (that can sometimes do without siege).

Once you hit Chivalry you can become a real monster, taking cities and using the extra money to keep warmongering or purchase infrastructure. You should definitely give them a shot. They're a lot of fun.

Songhai's ua is awesome when you pillage barb camps and cities. In Marathon games,this makes a great difference(it's only dwarfed by discovering el dorado in these games).besides,it also covers embarked units,that doesn't sink when a naval enemy unit go to the same tile,instead they go to another one.

I still think the Songhai are the strongest civ. Rammy is good though. Those elephants are monsters! I hate playing against him when he has them. Damn you Rammy!

This is based off of a forum game, but relates to civ. In order to find the best civ based on player opinion, we will use this method:
We start out with a list of the civs- each civ has 10 points.
I will add one point to a civ and subtract two points from another.
Another poster will copy my list and do the same thing I did, and then the next poster will copy his list, and so on.
Once a civ reaches 0 points, it is out. It cannot be added or subtracted to. The last civ above 0 wins.
You can only add and subtract every 24 hours.

Please bold the civs you are adding or subtracting to!

As of May 25, 2011, this is over! The ranking is:

19. Mongolia: So bad it dropped off the list

18. Germany: Der Dissapointment
17. America: Land of the Free, and Home of the Lame
16. England: Where the sun never rises
15. Ottomans: Sick Man of Civ
14. Egypt: Too much sand
13. Iroquois: Meh.
12. China: Their strongest warriors are terracotta
11. Aztecs: Sacraficed
10. Greece: Alexander the Mediocre
9. Russia: Because in Russia, AI beat you!
8. India: Nothing without nukes
7. Rome: I came, I saw, I did okay
6. Persia: At least they beat the Greeks this time
5. Arabia: One more turn!
4. Japan: Land of the Rising Civ
3. France: Vivre le Civilization!
2. Songhai: Standing the test of time
1. Siam:The Gold Standard
lol.. mongols came last and not one person voted against them.

Top Bottom