Civ illustrated: New series of Strategy Articles under construction

Sitting Bull is rated at 0 because he has a 0 iWonderConstructionRand. However, that doesn't actually mean he'll never build a wonder...

I think that will be the biggest accessibility problem: what do your numbers actually mean?

For instance, about Sitting Bull:
"Resists Capitulating 10/10

Asks for Help 0/10
Demands Tribute 10/10"

This sounds like he will never capitulate, never ask for your help and demand tribute... well - every single turn? -, all of which is of course not true.

I think I get what the numbers mean, but that may be because I already knew them going in.

- - -
I really like your project, though. Good read so far, looking forward to more.

Yes, as people have pointed out, 0/10 doesn't mean an AI never does something and 10/10 doesn't mean they always do it.

We intend for the numbers to be a relative ranking. For Sitting Bull, wonder construction 0/10 means that compared to all the other civs, he is least likely to build a wonder.

For Demands Tribute 10/10, that would mean that compared to all the other civs, he makes demands for gold/techs/resources the most frequently at cautious or below relations.

For Resists Capitulating 10/10, that actually means that he has the highest power ratio threshold before he will capitulate which means you have to beat him down more than another civ with an identical empire before he will vassalize.

When the guide is released, everything will be explained as much as possible in the opening post so people can judge how useful a piece of information is to them. Something like the "We fear you have become too advanced" number will be explained under what circumstances and qualifiers it is valid for. The next piece of information (the will trade %) will be explained as useful only as a rule of thumb because the actual calcuation is extremely difficult and varies depending on what units are in the game at the given time.

Seeing Sitting Bull or Montezuma build a wonder is indeed an eyebrow raising event! I can't recall ever seeing that before.

A spreadsheet such as DanF's containing all the Leaderhead Information from the game's code is by far the most accurate and complete guide for an AI's behavior.

However, people don't instinctually get what iespionageweight=70 or Religion_Pressure=250 means. Knowing that Isabella is a 10/10 for demanding religious conversions and Gandhi is a 0/10 for declaring war helps people much more because they have seen those extremes and can extrapolate what that means for the other civs ranked inbetween 0 to 10.

Zara Yaqob's information has been completed. :D

We just have to work out the short civ descriptions and analysis/strategy parts now, so still not dead.

Wooo good job team! Even though I am to lazy, and semi busy, and not as knowledgeable to do all the work you do I want all the credit. Muwahahahaha! :lol:

This is a great idea! I play on Emperor and I'll be following. Keep up the good work!

Eye watering wall of text part is finished! Needs some proofing and polish. :king:

Debating on whether roll it out now and finish up the last parts later. Project is going on 4 months now.

Top Bottom