Civ IV: Beyond the Sword Info Center

http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1132&c=24

Im guessing this pic is of the clone army. I've been waiting to here if this was just a scenario, and not included in the main game. Some of these units could still possibly be added to the epic game, but thankfully it seem much less likely now!

I don't believe so. According to the descriptions that OctopusOverload was kind enough to give us, it says under AfterWorld:

This is a squad-based tactical "thriller" where the player fights undead in the X-com style.

Based on the pic and the description above, I'm thinking that is AfterWorld. Granted, it also says AfterWorld will have no cities, unless they're talking about that the player controls. Oh how they tease....

Updated with the new scenario descriptions.

<Jump to the OP>

Based on the pic and the description above, I'm thinking that is AfterWorld. Granted, it also says AfterWorld will have no cities, unless they're talking about that the player controls. Oh how they tease....

Updated with the new scenario descriptions.

<Jump to the OP>

I think that is Next War - A futuristic sci-fi scenario with clone armies and more.

I dont think AfterWorld have any cities at all. Next War however, seems to be a normal Civ4 scenario, but set in the future with Mechs, and as they say, Clone armies.

I don't believe so. According to the descriptions that OctopusOverload was kind enough to give us, it says under AfterWorld:

Oh, thanks, I had not clue what XCOM was. Never heard of it before. I thought AfterWorld was going to have monsters, and the cities in the picture lead me to believe it was the Next War scenario.

Anyways, as long as those units are in one of the scenarios (doesn't matter which one) and not in the epic game, I will be happy. I'm not planning on playing any of them, as I have never enjoyed any previous scenario from Play the World on.

I'm still anxiously waiting for the rest of the leaders to be announced.

I think that is Next War - A futuristic sci-fi scenario with clone armies and more.

I dont think AfterWorld have any cities at all. Next War however, seems to be a normal Civ4 scenario, but set in the future with Mechs, and as they say, Clone armies.
I tend to agree with you Grey Fox.:thumbsup:

Edit:
Post Number 600. :trophy:

I'm really excited about this expansion. I didnt think I'd get it after my feelings toward the last expansion. But BtS seems like a proper expansion well worth the money. I can't wait. Thanks Methos for consolidating and updating all this BtS info!

I don't want to spoil it, but strictly speaking, couldn't 'play as the axis or allies in both Europe and the Pacific' simply mean that there'll be just two civs to choose: axis or allies? Remember the Peloponnesian War scenario in Warlords?

Just wanted to start a discussion, so people can now start to reassure me that this scenario will be played on a huge map with max number of civs... ;)

Will Warlords additions be included also? Or will I have to give up my Great generals to have a McDonald's corporation?

What does surprise me is that there's no "colonization" style scenario; historically, Firaxis have used new leaderheads/civs in their scenarios, so I thought they'd included the Native Americans, Maya, Holland and Portugal for that scenario. At least it makes it easier for someone to mod it ;) .

Will Warlords additions be included also? Or will I have to give up my Great generals to have a McDonald's corporation?
Most likely, since some BTS leaders are using traits added in Warlords.

R8XFT:
What does surprise me is that there's no "colonization" style scenario; historically, Firaxis have used new leaderheads/civs in their scenarios, so I thought they'd included the Native Americans, Maya, Holland and Portugal for that scenario. At least it makes it easier for someone to mod it

It's the one I'm most looking forward to. There was a new world colonization scenario in CivIIIC. I'm glad Firaxis is exploring new ideas instead of just retracing old ground.

Crossroads of the World: A late medieval age scenario where you explore and conquer the crossroads of the world in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

GameArena has confirmed in English what PCGamer says in Swedish, descriptions of the 12 scenarios:

Scenario List (12 New Scenarios)

Final Frontier

Communications with Earth have gone silent. As leader of one of the few terrestrial colonies scattered throughout the universe, discover the fate of man's homeworld while extending your control over unexplored star systems. Barter or battle with your fellow colonists as you expand to the edges of the universe, into the Final Frontier.

Afterworld

A squad based tactical scenario where the player fights against zombies and the undead in this X-Com styled thriller.

Gods of Old

Create a legion of religious zealots by demonstrating your greatness or by forcing the religion down everyone's throat.

Chaos

A game of Civilization with a major twist - a horde of random events to deal with. Can you win even when the dice rolls against you?

Next War

Build clone armies and mechanized units in this futuristic scenario set in 2050's.

Charlemagne

Battle for control over Europe in this Renaissance era scenario.

Crossroads of the World!

Carve your fortune from the riches of fourteenth century Africa, Arabia, and Persia as you trade, betray, and battle your way towards ruling the Crossroads of the World!

Broken Star

Russia is divided, and a civil war is upon us! To unite the Motherland you may purchase military units from the U.S. or promotion upgrades from the Chinese Black Market; conscript the Russian people or bribe enemy forces; or even deploy the ultimate in doomsday weaponry, the nuclear bomb.

WWII: Road to War

Play as the allies or axis in Europe or the Pacific in this World War II themed scenario.

Fall from Heaven

The premiere fantasy mod for Civilization IV, featuring a completely revamped tech tree, over a dozen new civilizations, and wonders, buildings and units like you've never seen in Civ before. Conquer a world of mysticism and magic, commanding hordes of Undead, wizened Magi or righteous Paladins towards your ultimate victory.

Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations

Another of the fan favorites updated and enhanced for Beyond the Sword!

http://www.gamearena.com.au/pc/games/title/civilization-4-beyond-the-sword/index.php

Top Bottom