Civ IV: Beyond the Sword Info Center

BTW, I think there was a typo in the latest IGN.com article. I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Saracen", not "Sacaren" (a civilization of sugar substitutes?)

The background of William's leader portraits is inspired by the paintings of Johannes Vermeer (at least it seems a whole damn lot like it :D). Just check out this Google Image Search. A lot of his works have a window at the left of the frame with light falling through and some painting or map on the background wall.

Cool, you seem to know ur stuff. :goodjob:

Is Charlemagne one of the new leaders or is there just the Charlemagne scenario?
I think that it's a good possibility that Charlemagne will be a new leader, as often the scenarios they highlight in forthcoming expansions (in both Civ III and Civ IV) are linked to new leaders/civilizations in the game. I really hope he is in there anyway!!

Hello. I'm new to this forum.

What is this "MAF bug" some are speaking of? Why wouldn't the company wnt to fis it?

The MAF is the "memory allocation failure", occuring on huge maps mostly after having entered the mid-game phase (or modded games on huge+ maps, with lots of new units/buildings).

It occurs occasionally, and by crashing prevents you from saving the game.

I completely agree with the poster above, this really is an issue since it severely limits the usability of modifications, especially if you like to play on bigger maps.

I've included two new sections:
  • New Unique Units and Unique Buildings
  • New Buildings

I remember when we were awaiting the release of Civ IV, the "Info Center" was maintained by adding a yellow "New" tag to show us what had been updated since the last edit. Could you include some kind of marker to show us where you've updated this text?

Sure, I'll start using these images:
  • New section that has been added.
  • New information.

Both images will be places in the table of contents and the section it pertains too. I hope this helps.

I think that it's a good possibility that Charlemagne will be a new leader, as often the scenarios they highlight in forthcoming expansions (in both Civ III and Civ IV) are linked to new leaders/civilizations in the game. I really hope he is in there anyway!!

I do too. :king:

Does anyone care to speculate what the last three new civs will be?

Seems impressive this new addon to CivIV.
Does anybody know if they made some changes to PitBoss with this
release???
The current version of PitBoss is buggy, with the timecounter not functioning exactly, and I would love if one could handle multiple PBEM games with one installation

When BtS is released and so all the info are available, it could be really useful if in the BtS info center are not listed just the changes and all addition, but in general all the information related to Civ4+BtS.
For example if you go to Warlords info center are listed just the new changes to civic but not their overall effect, you can see just the new units or new UU.
Having a chart of civics, all units, buildings,UB,UU available both in civ4+expansions with all the changes related to them made in BtS would be IMO a lot more useful.
Actually i found Warlords info center not very good because you have to go first to the section of civic, units, civs and after go to Warlords info center to see the changes.
Having access to all the info you need with a simple click would be a lot better and make informations more straightforward.

Its awsom that all this info on BTS is located in one place, thanks Methos

When BtS is released and so all the info are available, it could be really useful if in the BtS info center are not listed just the changes and all addition, but in general all the information related to Civ4+BtS.
For example if you go to Warlords info center are listed just the new changes to civic but not their overall effect, you can see just the new units or new UU.
Having a chart of civics, all units, buildings,UB,UU available both in civ4+expansions with all the changes related to them made in BtS would be IMO a lot more useful.
Actually i found Warlords info center not very good because you have to go first to the section of civic, units, civs and after go to Warlords info center to see the changes.
Having access to all the info you need with a simple click would be a lot better and make informations more straightforward.
I agree. Had/have the same problem.
But the point is u need some1 who will do the whole work...

Top Bottom