• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ IV: Beyond the Sword Info Center

will beyond the swords work too if i have not warlords?

That is the million dollar question right now and it looks like Firaxis/Take 2 are silent on the matter. But from the info we're getting it seems there are two likely choices:

1) BtS will include all of the Warlords content (probably minus the Warlords scenarios however).

2) BtS will need Warlords to work.

I'm starting to think that it's going to be option 1 due to Firaxis/Take 2's silence on the matter. If BtS doesn't need Warlords to work then as soon as it's released Warlords is going to be as obsolete as Stonehenge after the discovery of Calendar. Since Warlords is still in stores (and was added to Steam not so long ago) I can understand Take 2 not saying saying anything about it until BtS is as close to release as possible to maximize the sales of Warlords.

They should include Ronald Reagan as a leader.

Yeah, even though I would love to see it I doubt that he'll ever be in there.

I see him as the modern equivalent of FDR...

But... as Sid has said to the question of adding leaders...

Sid Meir said:
As long as they are long dead.

Reagan only died a few years ago...I don't count that as Long Dead.

who cares about this new features????

there are a lot of scenarios with them...
Corporations.. are.... like religions so they dindt improve anithings... where are the new concepts???

Perhaps the coolest single feature (if it lives up to the hype) IMHO is not yet quoted...

"The ways in which the AI will attempt to achieve victory have also been expanded." (Source: http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=16 under Enhanced AI)

Although I must admit, the Espionage, Corporation, and Space Race a la Civ 2 features also make me extremely interested in this expansion!

Sam

I love the idea of Corporations

I can take over the world with a corrupt, over-funded company!

I would love to see a new leader for Greece or England.

Looking for evidence of Sioux being the name of Sitting Bull's civilization. Anyone know where that was found?

Looking for evidence of Sioux being the name of Sitting Bull's civilization. Anyone know where that was found?

IIRC, the original screenshot pic had the name Sitting Bull in it, which is how we knew it was Sitting Bull. However, the idea that the Civ was Sioux is merely from history. It sounds like there's just going to be a 'generic' Native American civilization with Sitting Bull as its leader.

I want the Radar Artillery back too !

In the first screenshot from the IGN article, there is a unit that looks like an artillery gun on tracks. So there might be a modern artillery unit included.

I believe that's the new anti-tank unit.

Unlikely. It doesn't look like an anti-tank gun and it wouldn't make sense that the new tank counter would be a tank-like unit itself that from the looks of it needs at least the same prerequisites as a tank. In that case you could just build tanks as a counter.

However the unit looks very much like a mobile howitzer (e.g. the M109_howitzer or the PzH_2000)

I haven't seen it mentioned but if there is a Charlemange mounted unit (one of the earliest released pictures) then isn't Charlemange one of the new leaders? The civ would be Franks or HRE I think.

This unit (or the model at least) has been around since Civ4 came out. I think it was meant as a mobile howitzer in some unreleased scenario. And now it will find its way in an official expansion.

Mmm... a cheap anti-tank unit... minelaying engineer(s) anyone? ;)

I pose the same question as Shigga. Will this expansion be released as Civ3 Conquests was? Any info on the stand-alone-ability of this with regards to Warlords?

An uninformative response is better than no response at all... ;)

A german webshop (http://www.okaysoft.de) is listing a "Civilization 4 Bundle", including Civ 4 vanilla, Warlords and Bts. So that could (!) be an indication that warlord isn't inluded in Bts. But I don't know if this is an official bundle. The covershot of this offer so far shows only the BTS-Packshot.

Edit: Wrong quote used.. corrected.

If this expansion really makes the late game more interesting AND provide more ways to win peacefully, then it's a no-brainer... I'm eagerly awaiting it :)

Top Bottom