Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

No vassals, i know that´s a feature in this Version
(vassals can trade without Diplomat).

No vassals, i know that´s a feature in this Version
(vassals can trade without Diplomat).

Interesting...I'll check my logic.

You don't (DLL mods don't work on Macs)

I've managed to get other mods to work fine but this one seems to be causing a problem. After loading it, when I meet other civs, I get about 10 options for "Before this gets out of hand..." and I cannot trade anything.

I've managed to get other mods to work fine but this one seems to be causing a problem. After loading it, when I meet other civs, I get about 10 options for "Before this gets out of hand..." and I cannot trade anything.

Yes? As Putmalk has said and you so helpfully quoted yourself, the expectation is that DLL mods don't work on macs.

Hey Pumalk,

My hat is off to you. Great mod!

I've only played one game thus far and was continually getting pulled into wars with weaker nations via my vassal. It kind of felt like a bug as those nations immediately wanted to negotiate peace with me thereafter (and for good reason!) Starting another game, but was curious to hear your thoughts!

Also, maybe I'm just a little slow, but how the heck do you determine who start a declaration of war between two other civs?

Absolutely great mod. I have been looking for something like this since release. Never understood why they removed map/tech trading, never liked research agreements in comparison. Anyway something i think that would be great is the option to co-ordinate your strikes with allies in war, and the ability in late game to form a team (permanent alliance) with other players who follow your ideology. This could make the late game much more varied and interesting, especially for diplomatic players like myself. Anyhow great mod!

I was thinking a while back that you could have tech trading available only until the Modern/Industrial Era, at which point the system is supplanted by research agreements. This would reflect the evolving state of the scientific world; where, just like in RL, come the modern day knowledge is more freely shared between friendly nations.

I just love your mod Putmalk it makes the diplomatic game more interesting and realistic!

Absolutely great mod. I have been looking for something like this since release. Never understood why they removed map/tech trading, never liked research agreements in comparison. Anyway something i think that would be great is the option to co-ordinate your strikes with allies in war, and the ability in late game to form a team (permanent alliance) with other players who follow your ideology. This could make the late game much more varied and interesting, especially for diplomatic players like myself. Anyhow great mod!

I much prefer the lack of map/tech trading in the base game (avoids checking with other leaders every turn for new advances and helps slow down runaways), so I hope in this mod there are options to disable these parts as the rest of it sounds great!
The option to co-ordinate joint attacks would be very useful - this existed in Alpha Centauri and possibly civ4 also (need to double check this) and made war allies much more valuable.

I much prefer the lack of map/tech trading in the base game (avoids checking with other leaders every turn for new advances and helps slow down runaways), so I hope in this mod there are options to disable these parts as the rest of it sounds great!

Options to reenable Research Agreements and to disable Tech Trading already exist; you may also just disable Tech Brokering (so that civs can only trade techs they researched themselves). An option to disable Map Trading is currently missing.

I don't suppose there is any way to merge this with Whowards DLL? 2 such amazing DLL's should be married together...sigh. I hate having to choose between the 2.

I don't suppose there is any way to merge this with Whowards DLL? 2 such amazing DLL's should be married together...sigh. I hate having to choose between the 2.

I don't handle merges, but you should be able to merge the DLLs...idk, ask Acoustic, he merged mine with the 34 civ DLL

The next update to this mod will include a "Move your troops from our borders!" button.

Awesome stuff, can't wait. Question, could you put in something that'll allow humans players to see how much their friend is willing to gift them? Like if I use the request help feature and I need gold and happiness, I may go ahead and ask for both, but the AI will say something along the lines of "Sorry, but you are simply asking for too much."

That's cool, but then if you ask for a lesser amount, like maybe just a couple gpt, they'll still say "It's been too short since our last act of generosity" even though they haven't given me anything.

Hi Putmalk,

I'm getting a runtime error which crashes the game:

Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 8)\UI\InGame\LeaderHead\LeaderHeadRoot.lua:168: attempt to index local 'pDiscussingPlayer' (a nil value)

Any clues?

Regards

Riker13 :crazyeye:

Love the mod! :) really one of the more essential mods out there! Also love the fact that you add the new features like vassalage and map trading to the civilopedia! Maybe a suggestions to also update the "Discuss" tap and add a tap for stuff like "request help"?

i'm trying out this mod at immortal level. It seems that AIs behave more sanely. I'm not sure if the mod has done something with City States' missions but i'm in the year 490 AD and they haven't asked me to create BNW great people (artists, musicians, writers) nor establish a trade route. Such missions were quite common in my previous games.

Top Bottom