• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ IV: Rise of Empires (expansion)

Sorry, I did miss the second post!

I don't know right now, but it's late where I live and I'm only up because I've got a sick kid. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to think cleverly right now. However, I did want you to know that I now see your post back and I will be looking into it.

Question: Are you running something over than the English language version? I'm wondering if there's a bug in the mod that makes it incompatible with other language versions, so thought I'd ask.

seasnake - thanks again and sorry to hear about your child. I hope you got some sleep eventually and that it's nothing serious.

I'm in the UK and my copies of Civ IV and BTS are plain vanilla, English language versions bought from Amazon. I downloaded the BTS 3.19 patch from the Firaxis website just before downloading RoE and as far as I can tell BTS is working OK although RoE isn't.

Hi. I decided to down-load your mod and I like it.

I found something funny. But I don't know what mod caused it. I researched Iron Working and soon got the announcement that Iron was discovered near Pasagadae. I am playing Cyrus and the Persians.

The funny part is that the Iron tile is north of Persepolis which is north of Pasagadae, so the Iron is nowhere near Pasagadea.

Now to continue the funny (strange?) part, I soon get the announcement that I have connected to a source of Iron and sure enough, it shows up in all my cities. Well, the Iron tile is not even in my cultural zone, and I never built a road to it or mined it. In fact the announcement came soon after the discovery of the Iron.

Mark

seasnake - thanks again and sorry to hear about your child. I hope you got some sleep eventually and that it's nothing serious.

I'm in the UK and my copies of Civ IV and BTS are plain vanilla, English language versions bought from Amazon. I downloaded the BTS 3.19 patch from the Firaxis website just before downloading RoE and as far as I can tell BTS is working OK although RoE isn't.

Its possible that the Assets folder isnt being found. go to where you installed the mod. It should be in a folder called Mods. Inside the Rise of Empires folder should be a folder labeled Assets. Its a common mistake to accidentally make another folder with the assets folder inside it.

To clarify, the path should be this:
Mods/MODNAME/Assets/(several folders, like XML and Python)
not this:
Mods/MODNAME/folder/Assets/(several folders, like XML and Python)

mechaerik

Great call. That was the problem and the mod now seems to be running. I've got a feeling I'm going to enjoy this! Thanks for your help.

Loading my first game with this mod (since my CPU won't handle CIV 5) this is kind of like a new game and I'm excited.

I drew Cyrus, but that's ok as I've never been him before and I'm sure I'll still run into some fun civs

Thanks for the great help Mechaerik. And Lagoon 59, it was a cold but it was nasty, she's better now though. My sleep clock got all screwed up though. Oh well, reset it on the weekend. Thank you for your comments and enjoy.

To Nez, I hope you like it and that it fulfills your expectations. I'm not in a position to drop 60 bucks on a game right now, so I'm just working on modding.

Hey Cyrus_the_Great, are you sure you Pasagarde was not built on an Iron source, i.e. one showed up under your city? IF that's not it I have no idea what happened.

all I can say to this mod is:

LOVEITLOVEITLOVEITLOVEITLOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodjob:

I just recently started to realize the beauty of modding (haven't modded a lot myself yet, I know STUPID) and now I'm thinking "MODDING WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!"

I have nothing to add to this but to say it is PERFECT!!!! screw Civ V, I'll be playing this for a while :D

no, seriously you did an amazing job! I wish I had joined this community much earlier!

ok, i haven't changed my mind about this mod at all, but I too have encountered a problem and I haven't found a solution on this thread so far. (unless I've overlooked it)

ok, so at first it worked great, started out as Lorenzo de Medici of the Italians and played a little. After a while I wasn't happy with the map I chose and started a new game, setting "terra" on gigantic and random civ...

here's the catch, it's always the same map and not even terra (i don't remember the name, but it's the one that is basically plains and ice and no oceans...

i've then tried with other maps but it's always the same one...

any help?

Man, I may restart my game as the AI put my settler in an AWFUL starting spot and I just went ahead and settled without moving. I mean, it has Clams and Corn so the assets around it are fine, but when I scouted the island it's only 7 squares tall and my capital is right smack in the middle so any expanding is going to have some massive sharing of tiles

I used the RandomMapScript mod and it seemed to work fine, it just stuck me in a bad spot

To KyleCraig: I've seen that error only crop up on Terra maps and only infrequently. Please try a Hemispheres or Continents game quickly and let me know if you have the same problem. Because if you do than that's new to me, and I'd like to look at it.

To KyleCraig: I've seen that error only crop up on Terra maps and only infrequently. Please try a Hemispheres or Continents game quickly and let me know if you have the same problem. Because if you do than that's new to me, and I'd like to look at it.

nope you are right... it's just the terra map.... :) thanks though, it is awesome!:king:

I do actually have another question though:

you added two more mapsizes ( :goojob: ), and I found out that Giant gives you 18 Civs on a map, but then I tried Gigantic, expecting there to be more than that, yet they're also just 18. Is that on purpose? (If it is, it's absolutely fine, I'm just wondering)

nope you are right... it's just the terra map.... :) thanks though, it is awesome!:king:

I do actually have another question though:

you added two more mapsizes ( :goojob: ), and I found out that Giant gives you 18 Civs on a map, but then I tried Gigantic, expecting there to be more than that, yet they're also just 18. Is that on purpose? (If it is, it's absolutely fine, I'm just wondering)

It has the slots for more civs but it doesn't fill them because it's assumed that 18 civs will create a lot of colonies. The extra room is to make for larger empires/more colony civs.

Hello,
I've got little problem - just downloaded the mod, but when I try to run it, game crashes :( Have you (someone) met this problem?

Vista64, CD version, BTS, last patch, no mods - I reinstalled it after first crash, but it's all the same :(

It has the slots for more civs but it doesn't fill them because it's assumed that 18 civs will create a lot of colonies. The extra room is to make for larger empires/more colony civs.

oh ok, nice idea (although I'm a little sad about other civs not using the colonization feature a lot, but that's not your fault :) )

I just started trying out your mod two days ago. I like it so far and I'm having no problems. One thing that I don't understand is that I keep getting a message popping up that I enslaved an enemy unit. However, I'm not knowingly doing anything that would enslave a unit and I don't have the Slavery civic enacted. Also, I don't see any new units popping up anywhere. How is enslavement supposed to work?

Thanks for the mod.

I just started trying out your mod two days ago. I like it so far and I'm having no problems. One thing that I don't understand is that I keep getting a message popping up that I enslaved an enemy unit. However, I'm not knowingly doing anything that would enslave a unit and I don't have the Slavery civic enacted. Also, I don't see any new units popping up anywhere. How is enslavement supposed to work?

Thanks for the mod.

Enslavement is supposed to work like this: IF you are running slavery and if you have combat with a melee unit and win and the melee unit is NOT a barb, you have 25 percent chance of obtaining a free worker.

Hello,
I've got little problem - just downloaded the mod, but when I try to run it, game crashes Have you (someone) met this problem?

Vista64, CD version, BTS, last patch, no mods - I reinstalled it after first crash, but it's all the same

Check further up in this thread for a post by Mechearik that has solved a few problems. Also I have never tried this mod on vista, I've used it on XP and Windows 7. I skipped Vista after hearing it wasn't stable. I don't know if that has any kind of impact but just want to mention it.

oh ok, nice idea (although I'm a little sad about other civs not using the colonization feature a lot, but that's not your fault )

They're not? Weird, most games I play they seem anxious to spin off a little toady. Well, okay then.

Seasnake, thanks. I just read your post and checked my game. You are right. I never had that happen in a game and the idea never crossed my mind.

I will have to remember that can happen.

seasnake - since Mechaerik sorted out the problem I was having I have really enjoyed playing RoE - a great mod which has added a lot to the game. Two issues have cropped up though:

1) I'm getting the same "an enemy unit has been enslaved" message fox456 mentioned
2) the Frigate graphic for the Trojan is totally blank (ie you can see the shape but everything is white)

Is there a quick fix for 2) please?

Glad to hear your daughter is better now.

seasnake - since Mechaerik sorted out the problem I was having I have really enjoyed playing RoE - a great mod which has added a lot to the game. Two issues have cropped up though:

1) I'm getting the same "an enemy unit has been enslaved" message fox456 mentioned
2) the Frigate graphic for the Trojan is totally blank (ie you can see the shape but everything is white)

Is there a quick fix for 2) please?

Glad to hear your daughter is better now.

Here is the frigate art, attached. Please put it in the folder Assets/Art/Units/Modern_Europe_GR. That should solve it. If not let me know.

Slavery needs to be reworked, apparently. I'll delve into that later this week.

Attachments

• frigate.rar
    146.4 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom