[CIV] Portugal (Version 1.00)

ahh: lol: sorry if im getting a bit repetitive: but the mod still doesnt work!!:(
so yeah: i downloaded it into my documents, my games, sid meier's civ 4 col, MODS and unzipped it there... thats because i couldnt find a Mods folder when you go by this path
(C drive, Program Files, 2k Games, Sid Meiers civ 4 col...and theres no mod folder: i tried making a folder but it says i need administrator password, and i thought i shouldnt do it, because it mite screw up the col program or something...)

so after unzipping it in the first path (my docos, my games etc...) i booted up civ 4 col
i loaded Portugal in the mods section of the vanilla version, and when it loads, i
cant find the portuguese anywhere: checked in the custom scenario, game, play now section... =="

can u tell me exactly how to install it and what you have to do in detail so i can play this mod please??:confused:

It worked for me by installing it under the MODS folder, which I had to create.

Forlorn: This the correct way to do it. In this instance you will need to create a Mods directory in (C drive, Program Files, 2k Games, Sid Meiers civ 4 col). Then any mods you download should be extracted/unpacked into there, eg C drive, Program Files, 2k Games, Sid Meiers civ 4 col, portugal,

just want to confirm because i dont want to lose this game: but putting in a folder doesnt screw up the game yeah? and do u download it straight there, or can i jus copy my current copy into that folder?

just want to confirm because i dont want to lose this game: but putting in a folder doesnt screw up the game yeah? and do u download it straight there, or can i jus copy my current copy into that folder?
99% no. It wouldn't screw anything:).You can copy the mod to the folder or directly extract it there

oh yeah: but how does creating a folder in the civ 4 col file help, how would the computer read it as MODS if thats what u named the folder as?: this is what i have done...

i went to c drive, program files, 2k games, civ 4 col
then made a new folder called "MODS"
and then i copied and pasted the mod in (because i downloaded it earlier)
and tried to extract it
but an error message came up saying something along the lines of: delete other files with the same name or it wont work (this was for Colonies of the New World),
so i opened the zipped folder and copied and pasted the rar (or watever) file into the mods folder...

went into civ4 col, couldnt find the mod at all (last time i could, but i couldnt find portugal..)
what am i doing wrong?

oh yeah: but how does creating a folder in the civ 4 col file help, how would the computer read it as MODS if thats what u named the folder as?: this is what i have done...

i went to c drive, program files, 2k games, civ 4 col
then made a new folder called "MODS"
and then i copied and pasted the mod in (because i downloaded it earlier)
and tried to extract it
but an error message came up saying something along the lines of: delete other files with the same name or it wont work (this was for Colonies of the New World),
so i opened the zipped folder and copied and pasted the rar (or watever) file into the mods folder...

went into civ4 col, couldnt find the mod at all (last time i could, but i couldnt find portugal..)
what am i doing wrong?

im a bit confused about what you have done, but it sounds like you are on the right lines... in the [Civ]Portugal .zip file there should be a folder (i havent dled it so im not sure what is there), presumambly called [Civ]Portugal or something similar. This is what you need to extract into your Mods folder, so the entire path is c:\\program files\2k games\civ 4 col\mods\Portugal or something similar. Then you should be able to load the mod from within the game. If youre still having probs maybe post some screenies??

this is what happened when i tried extracting the Portugal file (and the colonies of the new world file) into the MODS section of civ 4 col:... ive already deleted the previous copies.... u can see at the top of the screen where i saved it (program files, 2k games etc...) i cant find what im doing wrong: can some1 help?:confused:

Attachments

• temp2.jpg
    temp2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 221
Ok, You should start with the portugal.zip file somewhere else, it looks like maybe vista is lookinfg at it as a folder, trying to extract the files over itself. also it might help to make the mods folder Mods not MODS (not sure if its case sensitive or not, but just in case). Then when you extract the Portugal folder from within the .zip it should work.

ok: ive extracted it, (so it works) but now when i load civ 4 col: i cant find it in the mods section (ie: Load a mod: it just says "None"...) is there any way around this?

Hmm... if you've done everything as i described then im not sure why its not working... whats the full path of where you have the mod now? screenie?

hey: heres the screenshot of where the Portugal file (and colonists of the new world) is in... btw: i do have a display driver problem( that one that goes: ur display driver nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has successfully recovered thing) im not sure thats a problem concerning this mod, but jus in case it is, im lettin u know now

Attachments

• temp3.jpg
    temp3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 190
See the two "zip" compressed files, right-click then choose "extract" and extract the files to that folder. You still have the compressed files which are like a suitcase containing all the mod's files. :)

When you extracted the zips did you get a new folder with files in it? Because that's what is supposed to be in the mods folder. Here's mine for an example, see how there is a folder structure with files inside?

Excuse the point version procedure here, I used to work on a helpdesk writing support procedures for staff. :p

1. Install WinRar first (select 32-bit if unsure, or 64-bit if you are certain your computer is 64-bit). You'll be disadvantaged if you don't (some modders upload their mods as Rar instead of Zip). WinRar is safe and it supports both .rar and .zip files which cover 99% of mods you're likely to download.
2. Download Portual Mod from here
3. Find where you downloaded the mod to in Explorer (image 1).
4. Right-click on the file and select Extract Here. WinRar will now extract the files into a new folder (image 2).
5. Right-click the new folder and select CUT.
6. Go to your program Mods directory (eg: C\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meiers Colonization\Mods). NEVER install these mods into the "My Documents" mods folder. There have been too many issues that never occur when installing mods to the program's mods directory.
7. Right-click in the Mods folder and select Paste. The mod will now copy into the Mods folder (image 3).
8. Run Colonization --> Advanced --> Mods and it will show (image 4).

That's all there is to it. :)

If you want to focus on seafaring for Portugal, you could give them:

- -33% Resources needed to build ships (Could be specific ships so they don't dominate Revolution with a naval war)

OR

- Faster ship building. (+33%?)

As to the pacifying Natives leader, his unique ability could be being able to arm converted natives as soldiers.

I like Dom Pedros ability.

thanx for the mod mate but there is a little problem :/ well i instal the mod , i run it ... all ok the mod seems to be loaded but when i start a new game yhe portugal faction is not appear in the factions list ! any idea for what is the problem ?

thanx and sorry for my bad english

Top Bottom