• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ V Civilizations Roster

Well, Greece has it in the bag I think, but I prefer Persia to Greece. My second choice would be Spain or the Vikings, preferably Spain. (I prefer to call the Vikings 'Vikings' or 'Nordic' for the simple reason I hate the sound of the word Scandinavia just because of personal reasons)

So if it were 19 that could include Greece, Persia or Babylon, and Spain, and we'd all be happy.
No, we wouldn't. We would be whining that they don't have 20 slots for Babylon. If they added a twentieth we would be whining about the 21st and so on and so on. People will never be happy.

No, we wouldn't. We would be whining that they don't have 20 slots for Babylon. If they added a twentieth we would be whining about the 21st and so on and so on. People will never be happy.

:lol: Point taken.

They could release a 'Disgruntled Nationalist's' DLC pack in a few weeks: Poland, Hungry, Australia, Canada, and Vietnam. Make em pay :p

Extremely wishful thinking on my part, but I really hope that a modern nation would make it in, and not in the form of one of it's cities being represented as a city-state.

Someone here mentioned that it would be sacriledge to have the Vikings and not the Greeks. They're wrong. The true sacriledge is that they would actually have chosen the Ottomans instead. That would be a real slap in the face, as any Greek would tell you. They should expect riots in the streets of Athens if they pull this off. At least there will be public outcry. We Greeks may have financial woes right now, but we are a proud people. You shouldn't tramp on our heritage so bluntly.

Anyhow, rumors that he have sold our rights to the civilization pantheon to the Scandinavians, in exchange for a hefty pile of cash, are totally unfounded. ;)

Someone here mentioned that it would be sacriledge to have the Vikings and not the Greeks. They're wrong. The true sacriledge is that they would actually have chosen the Ottomans instead. That would be a real slap in the face, as any Greek would tell you. They should expect riots in the streets of Athens if they pull this off. At least there will be public outcry. We Greeks may have financial woes right now, but we are a proud people. You shouldn't tramp on our heritage so bluntly.

Anyhow, rumors that he have sold our rights to the civilization pantheon to the Scandinavians, in exchange for a hefty pile of cash, are totally unfounded. ;)

Could you keep the Turkish-Greek mutual dislike to another thread? :rolleyes:

Could you keep the Turkish-Greek mutual dislike to another thread?

First, I' m obviously not writing in a serious manner, second, I' don't actually dislike the Turks either IRL or as a playable civ (I would like them in more than half the other civs on the list), third, this is a thread relevant to the civs roster as well as any humor about it.

And fourth, perhaps you're jealous that you weren't bribed by the Scandinavians too....

Althrough im dutch i dont think that Holland and Spain should be included until an expansion same with the native americans because they werent really a civilization but more like a distinct culture like Acadia
Having 'native America' is just as bad as a 'native Europe' tribe. There were (and still are) many distinct civilizations in North America, like Civ3's Iroquois who built an empire the size of Persia's, or earlier the Anasazi.

Here is the list I think will happen now, based on this new and interesting evidence:

Africa:
Egypt - Hatshepsut or Cleopatra depending if they're feeling more or less historically accurate
Songhai - Askia

Americas:
America - George Washington
Aztecs - Montezuma II
Inca - Pachacuti

Asia:
Arabia - Harun al-Rashid
China - Wu Zetian
India - Gandhi
Japan - Oda Nobunaga
Mongolia - Genghis Khan
Ottomans - Suleiman

Europe:
England - Elizabeth
France - Napoleon
Germany - Bismarck
Greece - Alexander
Rome - Julius Caesar
Russia - Catherine
Vikings - Canute? Ragnar Lodbruk? Svein Forkbeard? Someone else?

Now compare that to my preferred line-up from page 8 (leaders changed):

Spoiler :

Africa:
Egypt - Hatshepsut
Mali - Mansa Musa
Ethiopia - Ezana

Americas:
America - Washington or Lincoln
Aztecs - Montezuma I
Incas - Pachacuti

Asia:
Arabia - Harun al-Rashid
China - Tang Taizong
India - Asoka
Japan - Meiji or Tokugawa Ieyasu or Shotoku
Khmers - Jayavarman VII
Persia - Cyrus
Sumeria - Urukagina

Europe:
England - Elizabeth
France - Napoleon
Germany - Frederick II or Bismarck
Greece - Alexander or Pericles
Rome - Julius Caesar
Russia - Catherine or Peter

So 14 out of 18 of my wanted civs are probably going to be included. Not too bad I guess.

EDIT: The Iroquois were never a civilization. It would be most accurate to have the Anasazi/Pueblo or Mississippians as North American civilizations, as the the Iroquois did not rise to state status.

Ramses II has been confirmed as the Egyptian leader, yes. No more scantily-clad female for Egypt!

And I am still holding out, hoping that the Vikings will be saved for a later expansion. Spain, Persia, and Babylon deserve the place much more than them, no offense to anybody who likes the Vikings.

Oh, I didn't see that. Well Ramses II wasn't exactly a stellar leader...I would rather have Hatshepsut.

Oh, I didn't see that. Well Ramses II wasn't exactly a stellar leader...I would rather have Hatshepsut.

True. I would have rather had someone like Thuthmose III. But regardless, I think it's kind of insulting to have Egypt represented by a female... just so you can have a scantily-clad female leader.

I wasn't saying she had to be scantily-clad :dunno: (why does that sentence sound weird?)
For example, in Civ III, Cleopatra wasn't scantily-clad. In fact, in the industrial age she was wearing a weird Amish-esque bonnet or something.

It was pretty important, being the first recorded female ruler, despite what everyone says. And of course her accomplishments (expedition to Punt, prosperity, monument buildings, etc.)

I wasn't saying she had to be scantily-clad :dunno: (why does that sentence sound weird?)

It was pretty important, being the first recorded female ruler, despite what everyone says. And of course her accomplishments (expedition to Punt, prosperity, monument buildings, etc.)

I mean, if Firaxis put her in, it would be because she was female, that's it. Because although, yes, Hatshepsut had her achievements, there are several more pharaohs that would rank at least equal to her.

Well, in this case anyways, I don't think having her because of being female is necessarily a bad thing. I mean, women are the majority of the planet, why should they not have a few leaders?

Well, in this case anyways, I don't think having her because of being female is necessarily a bad thing. I mean, women are the majority of the planet, why should they not have a few leaders?

I guess Hatshepsut wouldn't be subject so much to the "let's put female leaders in to be politically correct!", unlike a few of the other female leaders featured in previous games, like Boadicea. She led a failed short-lived rebellion against the Romans.

I knew the Greeks would be gone from Civ as soon as the management changed at Apolyton back in 2005/2006(ish).
No more Greek lobby, and first chance they get...no more Greeks.
:D

Top Bottom