• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ V Civilizations Roster

Nobody here is having an overview...somebody is not making a good job.

Nations with leaders:

• (...)
  • Mongolia - Dschingis Khan
    (...)

I was chenking on google the name of the Mongols leader and It show me this:

"was a West German pop band, created in 1979 to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest. The name of the band was chosen to fit the song of the same name, written and produced by Ralph Siegel with lyrics by Bernd Meinunger." (in Wikipedia)

LOL!!!

Dschingis Khan is just the German name of Genghis Khan! There was a 70ies pop band that made terrible songs, which kind a stick in your ears as they are so bad. But cheesy is good ;) I think they also participated in the Eurovision song contest with the song, They usually make "historical" themed songs, youtube gives this video (about 40 seconds in the real 79song).

Link to video.

But these two are also good, 1: Moscow, 2: Hadschi Halef Omar (see Karl May Books for reference)

Link to video.

Link to video.

I love youtube for stuff like that, the costumes just made my day ;-) And back to topic, sorry!

I was chenking on google the name of the Mongols leader and It show me this:

"was a West German pop band, created in 1979 to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest. The name of the band was chosen to fit the song of the same name, written and produced by Ralph Siegel with lyrics by Bernd Meinunger." (in Wikipedia)

LOL!!!

:lmao: Firaxis really is departing from tradition ;)

We have to make a cheesy music mod for civ5, where civ-themed music will be replaced by such gems.

We already have Russia, Mongolia, Arabia.
There is also "Rom" and "Macchu Pichu".

And of course the advent of sailing should be accompanied with this:
Drunken Sailor

Interestingly enough, the possibility of Siam may not be the only surprise!

Apparently, depending on how you interpret this, there may be up to TWENTY-FIVE CIVILIZATIONS. That's right. Twenty-five. See the article here: http://www.weplayciv.com/node/187

The relevant line:

There are currently 25 leader flavours.

Basically, I'm not sure what to make of this. Does this mean that there are twenty five leaders available, and hence 25 civilizations? Or does this just reference to the mechanics of how the leaders have unique personalities?

I read it as there are 25 personalities (either leaders can adopt different ones each game, or there are excess ones available for modders).

That same article specifies that there is one leader per civ, so one can conclude from that article that there will be 25 civs.

No, the leader flavours are something like "seafaring civil", "city expansion" and "aggression". There are 25 of those. Eas has a range of 0 to 10. Each leader has a certain value on each (this is presumed) flavour, which can vary by two points (plus or minus) for each individual game. So Napoleon can have a aggressive value of 8, and in one game be 6 and in another 10.

So, sorry, no more civs ;)

No, the leader flavours are something like "seafaring civil", "city expansion" and "aggression". There are 25 of those. Eas has a range of 0 to 10. Each leader has a certain value on each (this is presumed) flavour, which can vary by two points (plus or minus) for each individual game. So Napoleon can have a aggressive value of 8, and in one game be 6 and in another 10.

Exactly. Just like Civ4 has flavors, like FLAVOR_MILITARY, FLAVOR_GROWTH, FLAVOR_RELIGION, etc.

To be honest that would be a big letdown. That sounds like warmed over traits to me. Not really much different than cIV.

Lizzy would be high seafaring and the Japanese would be slightly lower. The French would be quite aggressive while the Aztecs would be extremely aggressive.

*Yawn*

Firaxis can do better than that.

Exactly. Just like Civ4 has flavors, like FLAVOR_MILITARY, FLAVOR_GROWTH, FLAVOR_RELIGION, etc.

That's what I thought straight away. Interms of (basic) modding of the AI, I'm thinking it'll be similar to basic modding of RFC AI, all civs having a unique power/trait and flavors effecting how leaders make decisions. Hopefully Civ V flavors will be abit more powerful then Civ IV flavors...

siamese elephant has been discussed in the other thread but i shall write here as well then since this thread is about civ5 civs generally

possibilities:
* they confused it with indian elephant
* siamese elephanet is indian UU. this has less possiblity but why not? cossack (term coming from khazak nation) is russian UU similarly
* magazine just made a mistake
* siamese elephant is a joke
* siam is IN (i don't want that to be true)

Western historians have called the Greeks the "cradle of Western civilization", but this is just a spurious vanity. There is far more continuity between ancient Greek and modern eastern Christian and Islamic civilization than Western.

The Romans assmilated most of Greek culture. The Romans, in their turn, profoundly informed all modern western countries. In addition to that, from the Renaissance onwards the culture of ancient Greece had a huge direct impact on European cultures. So Greece is indeed the cradle of western civilization. It is patently absurd to claim that Islamic cultures are more influenced by ancient Greece than Europe is.

i want spain, vikings, persia and greeks all :)

by the way, i don't like the term scandinavians, it is just the name for the north-south long peninsula. vikings or norman it should be, but more popularly vikings.

NOT Normans - that's just the word for people from Normandy. As for "Scandinavians just being the name for the nroth-south peninsula", that simply is not true. Most Scandinavians would, I think, prefer the term "Scandinavian" to the silly "Viking" any day. "The Viking civilization"? Why not the cowboy civilization or the samurai civilization?

Top Bottom