Civ3 NES 1

Great update! I love my warm fuzzy culture :)

i will be off for a decent amount of time because of my summer project but i will still come on late at night here anyway so my posts will be less numerous.

Daftpanzer said:
Thanks for the PM's and orders! I will wait 24 hours for any more orders, then i think i will make a quicker low-budget update this time to keep things moving.

That was on August 30th andis ;)

350-300 BC

The great powers remain mostly at peace with each other. Meanwhile, a new era approaches…

Technology
The ‘middle ages’ are already dawning in Panga! Apart from the recent war with Yaktan, the Pangari civilisation has been focusing on science and intellectual progress for centuries, and is now the most advanced civilisation in the known world. While their neighbours the Taejon are the most culturally sophisticated, the people of Panga have the highest level of intellectual teachings and technical innovation. A new wonder was also completed in Panga, adding to the confidence of the people…

Yet, for all its aquired knowledge, much of Panga’s territory remains undeveloped and primitive, especially the newly regained lands in the east. A library is the only major building in many of Panga’s cities. By contrast, Taejon land has now been thoroughly developed. Taejon’s rulers focused their efforts on building many new roads, mines and farms during this time.

Now in 300 BC, the Aahnad empire is also reaching into the next era of science, helped by the great collection of scrolls and tablets which were gathered in the Great Library of Atil. The Mycenaean and Taejon civilisations are not very far behind. Other major powers like Ormash, Yaktan, Ys and Anguille are just a little further behind still. Meanwhile, the semi-civilised peoples of northern asia and north-central europe remain the least advanced.

Wars in central asia
Vast armies manoeuvred through the mountains of central asia, as barbarian forces duelled with Yaktan, Taejon, Ormash and Altyn-Kanalt armies. Taejon and Yaktan made attempts to colonise this area, but both were expelled by the barbarian horsemen. Only the Ormash Imperial Guard were able to destroy the barbarian camps and gain a foothold.

Meanwhile, the former territory of the Ongan peoples remained quiet. The areas of occupation remain as they were 50 years ago, all attempts at uprisings and rebellions were put down by the strong armies of the occupiers. But the borders are still messy and not very defined, and there is growing tension between Panga and Yaktan as both cultures become more established in the region.

Ulak Reunification
Ulakam was blessed by strong and charismatic leaders during this time. Around 340 BC, the east ulak hordes were persuaded to submit themselves to the overall rule of Ulakam, adding large numbers of horse-archers to its army. Ulakam was greatly strengthened, but remained at peace with its neighbours for several decades.

Mycenaean conquest of Tusca

The large, well trained, and well equipped army of Mycenae was unleashed against the Tuscan peoples of the south. With the help of the foreign mercenaries from Buto, the Tuscan peninular was soon flooded with troops.

The Tuscans had a large army of their own, made of tough hoplite troops. An enormous battle was fought at Viroconium, with tens of thousands on each side. But for the most part, it was a one-sided slaughter… The Tuscans could not stand up to the elite Eagle Hoplites of Mycenae when combined with their ‘Raider’ horsemen. At sea too, the Mycenaean’s were using a terrible new weapon on their ships, a flaming liquid that clung to wood, sails and men, and which water could not extinguish… Antium held out for a while, but by 325 BC the peninsular was fully conquered. The demoralised Tuscan people show little signs of rebellion at this time.

*Tusca is conquered and removed from the game, for now. Mercenaries joined the Mycenaean army

Wars in northern Europe
Motria began to expand again, after recovering from the destruction of its capital in the previous century. The scythed battle wagons cut their way into the barbarian lands of Taakon.
Saxony conquered the barbarian stronghold of Dijon, gaining another port on the northern sea. The borders of Saxony were now greatly expanded, and were kept that that way by large armies of tough axemen troops.

Meanwhile, lacking any kind of decisive leadership, elements of the Almothian army decided to attack Finnystan in the north, and quickly overran their lands. The Finns had been under constant barbarian attack, and were too weakened to resist. Finstad became part of Almoth, but Gadloch has changed hands several times between Almoth and waves of barbarian invaders.

* AI declared war between Almoth and Finnystan. Finnystan is conquered for now.

Stability in eastern Europe
After the end of the unification wars, the imperial army of Anguile was confident and well motivated... But during this time, the leaders of Anguile were content to keep the status quo and enjoy the trappings of power.

Ys, Catalya and Umidia also remained stable and at peace, ensuring a steady flow of trade through the eastern Mediterranean.

Ys
While political intrigues continued in the south, the north saw continued military action during this time. The last independent city in Dalriada was forced to surrender to the Yssian forces, meaning that the league had finally reunified all of the Counille Peninsular. Before long, Ys had gathered another large army from all over the northern seas, and used it to overrun the independent city of Lenyahd. There wasn’t much in the way of opposition from the city, which was already under the influence of the league. All the while, Yssian troops were marching freely through Zekul lands. With no sign of any real Zekulian leadership, it seems the fierce Zekul peoples are slowly becoming puppets of the Ys League.

Meanwhile, the sailors of Ys were continuing to make great expeditions across the waves. Although there was a possibility of finding a southern route to the mysterious lands of Asia, it was the vast expanses of the eastern oceans that fascinated the Yssian people. After the re-discovery and re-conquest of Ember, Yssian sailors are rumoured to have travelled even further, to the mythical shores of the great eastern land. Some say it is a new continent, others that it is the other side of asia. Some say it doesn’t exist, and others still say it is the realm of the gods, out of bounds for mortals. A handful of Yssian sailors discovered the truth…

And took it with them to their watery graves...

Asian explorations eastward
The calm sea to the east of asia, known to many by the Altynian name of ‘Ak-Dynghez’, was being explored by several different cultures during this time. An outpost of the Aahnad Empire was founded on the far side, while the Altynians claimed a small island for themselves. Ships from as far away as Panga were also seen there.

Meanwhile, the great wild seas to the west of Asia remain relatively unknown. Pangan colonists reached a large island to the west, but have gone no further.

Barbarians at the gates!
In 330 BC, the Aahnad Empire completed another wonder of the world…

Within the Great Wall, a great effort was being made to forge a single identity for the empire from its component parts. Not content to rely on military power alone, the reign of ‘Bazilevs-Khanal-Reykar Karlyk I’ was dedicated to binding the diverse peoples of his realm closer together. He moved the capital to the small, yet growing city of Ankara, and had it symbolically renamed to ‘Agre’, a name with common meanings to the three main languages of the empire. Meanwhile, populations were also forcibly moved from the larger cities, shuffled and mixed with the populations of the smaller cities. Together with the population resettlement, there were also many impressive public building projects.

This attempt to create a single indentity for the empire was generally successful, and the land remained peaceful and stable, although many people were not happy at being moved around. And it wasn’t long before the great wall and the new cultural ideals were put to the test…

Now in 300 BC, a border war has just begun between local Aahnad and Mycenean forces, both sides acting without any official orders. Aahnad forces took heavier losses as they tried to attack the well-defended city of Argos (a formerly independent city which recently declared allegiance to Mycenae). A large Aahnad army was forced to retreat, while the Mycenaean’s began to arrive on the scene with their own army…

Meanwhile, at the same time, massed hordes of Ulak horse archers have suddenly attacked form the west! Somehow – it is rumoured they used foreign siege engineers - they broke through the great wall, and overran the city of Talulak. The Aahnad outpost at Ghulaman is now somewhat isolated…

* AI declared wars - Ulakam and Mycenae vs Aahnad. The war with Mycenae will now be ended due to previous diplomacy, unless anyone chooses to keep fighting.

Spending points results:

Argos: (2)
‘Centre of science’ in Argos (city already has library). Polythesism and construction techs given.
War with Tusca, extra forces to attack them. Mercenary forces paid to join in the attack. Walls in Empheros (city nearest the border).

Aahnad: (1)
Captiol moved to Ankara. Stability improved. Several extra buildings, and extra population in several cities.

Yaktan: (1)
Absorbing techs from more advanced neighbours (Panga and Taejon) - philosophy, code of laws, polytheism, and currency techs all given. Libraries and courthouses in Zonguldak (captiol) and Emertia (coastal trade centre).

Saxony: (1)
(took science option) writing, horseback riding and currency techs given. Sages and wisemen construct a Library in Dresden, to store both the ancient tribal knowledge and study foreign teachings from Mycenae and Tusca.

Panga: (2)
Monarchy and Construction techs given. Libraries finished early in Jarca and Pikta (south coastal cities). Panga is now in the medieval era!
City of Rouga was created, in coastal land captured from Onga. The western island was also settled later.

Taejon: (1)
+3 workers. Map edited for extra roads, irrigations and mines (though, not much more good be added). Stability and cultural influence increased.

Ys: (1)
Stability increased. Brest surrendered without further fighting (some troops fled into pictish lands). Harbours rebuilt in Brest and Penan (former Dalriadan cities). Influence increased over eastern Catalyan cities – they might rebel and join the league if Catalya is weakened. Trade also increased, +200 gold.

Bonus points:
+1 Panga for reaching medieval era first
+1 Ys, for reunification and from the new era of innovation and exploration

Wonders:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/23807/wonders.jpg

Top 5 Cities:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/23807/top5cit.jpg

Map:
For the first time, a single ubermap of known world: (796K)
(Ankara should really be Agre. I did rename it, but had to go back a step due to a hang-bug in the game, and forgot to re-rename it…)

Stats:
(from first post)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4340696&postcount=1

Note on stats:
Governments are becoming an issue now… I will include this in the stats from next update, along with the amount of gold that civ has.
Panga is a republic, Aahnad, Altyn and Taejon are Monarchies.
All others are still in despotism, and most of them lack the techs for monarchy and republic.

When do you require the orders???

If youre not that active, or not in any intense wars etc, then feel free to send orders any time, and ill use them in the next update from then.

IronMan2055 said:
i will be off for a decent amount of time because of my summer project but i will still come on late at night here anyway so my posts will be less numerous.

ok no probs, feel free to send any standing orders etc...

You know. it seems like Iggy has been getting a lot of "bonus points" ;)

Great update never the less, but I always thought penguins disliked Republics :p

hmm i guess Iggy has a lot of bonus points, but i thought being the first to a new tech era was a good reason to get another one.

Great update never the less, but I always thought penguins disliked Republics
There are currently three Penguinskan Penguins in Pangari, and they want off. They are using a republic because it gives them better commerce.

And OOC, you can't get voted out. IC, explained by the fact that the three are the only candidates.

OOC: Just go update the turn of my doom :p (in more way then one) ;)

Good, good... Things are beginning to heat up!

iggy continue the nap because of the growing tension?

He's yaktan :p

NAP still continued then. Peace in our time, and hopefully in our descendants times too.

did you forget me or have you not seen my new avatar or something?

I was referring to your nation IronMan. I can never remember who is which nation, other than das being a state where Argos used to by, Dis being Ys, and IP being Anguile. Oh, and Finmaster formerly being Finnystan.

well finmaster is easy i thought you completly forgot me or something (that makes me want to say why don't you make a new civ4(or 3) story someday Woot ryme!).

actually finmaster isnt playing, i just decided to use the nation he posted as an NPC.

Insane Panda said:
Do we have tech for Republic?
No, but i meant to say, anyone could change to government they dont have tech for by using a spending point, which would also count towards stability and improving confidence of the people etc... But not communism and fascism, which are a bit more modern.

---

thanks for the replies and new orders :) Im going to wait 24 hours for any new orders, then start on next update. If anyone wants more time than that, let me know.

Top Bottom