Civ3 NES 1

White lines could work as roads, and use icons to represent good agricultural production, resources etc. It did work on DNES, although it will mean some work to you...

Yeah ive got a bad feeling about using Flash for this... it was good for a map split into provinces like DNES way, but i get the feeling its going to be just to fiddly and time consuming for this one.

Still stumbling over this map, and havent been able to do much today. Heres an unfinished experiment i was working on, if anyone has any major objections to this style of map plz let me know...

But actually, im thinking of doing 2 maps now. One like a regular NES - mostly plain colour and no anti-aliasing, so it compresses nicely as a PNG. The other map will show the terrain detail only, and wont be updated.

Bit of a spoiler there :) Its just an experimental map, i havent worked out exactly what will happen, so it might not be the case in the 'real' update.

Whatever works best for you...

thanks very much :)

well ive decided to go with the two maps approach now. The map that will be updated will be something like this:

Im rediscovering the joys of PNG format... so long as there is mostly plain colour in the background, i can have larger scale maps with much smaller file sizes, and no loss of quality. I kinda see why everyone uses it :)

Anyways, i guess ive lost most players now, but i should have the new nes ready to go on tuesday.

are you still going to use the civ game or is that over with?

its going to be the same world with the same civs etc. But im making it into a normal NES instead of playing with civ3, because it got too buggy and messed up as things went on...

So it'd be easier to add me in ;)

Lurker's Comment: That map is awesome.

Any chance I can take over Ormash?

(General agreement with the above two posts).

~Darkening~ said:
Any chance I can take over Ormash?

(General agreement with the above two posts).
No, because I reclaimed it already.

hey, thanks very much on the map :) Unfortunately ive since up-scaled it a little, and it made all the borders a bit more blocky and ugly :(

warman17 said:
So it'd be easier to add me in

Yes, room for infinate players now :D

Progress is good on the rules etc, hopefully have it all up this time tommorrow. Unless i think of anything to add, stats should be this:

Anguile – Insane_Panda
Spending Points: 1
Government: stable republic
Economy: average, +trade, -military support
Infrastructure: average
Production: large
Science rate: average
Techs: map making, polytheism, engineering, republic
Military: 30 Campagnards (experienced), 25 Grognards (trained)
Navy: 5 galleys (trained)
Wonders: none

Looks nice, I'm still in of course :D Ohh, I have a sea coast!

So uh, how could I add my nation? Just give a discription or something?

alex994 said:
Ohh, I have a sea coast!

Youve had a coast for a few hundred years now, thanks for noticing :p

warman17 said:
So uh, how could I add my nation? Just give a discription or something?

Sure go ahead :) Tho, it could only emerge in the first update after the game starts... So maybe it would be best to wait 'till ive posted the new NES, and you can see the latest map and situation etc. and decide where you'd want to start...

-

No joy today on starting this today, my brain has not been working so well and ive wasted time adding a cultural map and stuff. Hopefully tommorrow :)

Top Bottom