• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Does it effect the MP game because when i downloaded it and tried to play MP it said i was out of sync?

Yes. There is a thread about it in the bug reports forum.

Clear your cache and have everyone you play with do the same, and it might help.

How can they make a patch so big? I'll never be able to download it! How am I supposed to update my Scenarios and MODs? This is ridiculous!

P.S The only way I can get it is if I get someone to d/load it for me!

How can they make a patch so big? I'll never be able to download it! How am I supposed to update my Scenarios and MODs? This is ridiculous!

P.S The only way I can get it is if I get someone to d/load it for me!

I feel you pain. :sad:

I'm on Dial-up too. I had to get a friend who has a Broadband Cable modem to D/L and put it on a thumb drive for me.

Big City ppl think everyone has DSL or BB. It ain't so joe. :p

JosEPh

I have BtS 3.03 and it resides within my CivIV Folder (works fine from there...).

I downloaded 3.13 but it can't see my BtS--"you have no installed version of BtS"--even if I put it in the BtS folder and run install from there...

How can I install the UpDate?!?

I feel you pain. :sad:

I'm on Dial-up too. I had to get a friend who has a Broadband Cable modem to D/L and put it on a thumb drive for me.

Big City ppl think everyone has DSL or BB. It ain't so joe. :p

JosEPh

I know a couple of years ago some companies at least were willing to mail patches on CD to customers without internet access (they didn't even tell you to buy a games magazine that has the patch on its DVD, heh), for free, you just had to give them a call ... somehow I doubt that's still done today (it's a harsh, cold world), but there's no harm in trying. Asking.

Also, the patch is that big partly because it includes all the previous patches, so maybe Firaxis can be talked into making a smaller version available for download for people who already have the previous vanilla and Warlords patches.

Why D2Ds patch is over 3 times the size of the one on CivFanatics.....?
just because they think that all their customers have even faster internet connections than people buying the cd version ;)
Seriously: they need to adjust the patches for their versions every time so I assume they use a different compiler for the patch and end up with much larger files...

I also get the "you have no installed version of BtS" error. And I am not using a downloaded version.

In case it helps, I have not installed the previous patch 3.03.

Help!!

So, hey, I just got the vanilla civ 4, and i was wondering. This appears to be te latest patch. If i download this patch, will I download all the patches before it too? Or to completely update the game, do I need to download each patch separately, or what?

So, hey, I just got the vanilla civ 4, and i was wondering. This appears to be te latest patch. If i download this patch, will I download all the patches before it too? Or to completely update the game, do I need to download each patch separately, or what?

This thread is about BTS which is an expansion to vanilla civ 4. :) If you only have vanilla civ 4 then this patch is no use to you.

The latest patch for vanilla is 1.74 which includes all the previous patches. I strongly advise installing the latest DirectX update which can be found here before you install patch 1.74.

Top Bottom