Civ4 Leaders Mod

It's online! :D:D:D

Here the overview...

Attachments

• Leaders Mod - Overview I.doc
    33 KB · Views: 381
its not actually an error, but when I play this mod, the textures of the worker improvement buttons seem to be very bad.

With the last version, none of the button-graphic-files is touched... you might be playing an older version. Download the last one, please.

If that doesn't work, I don't have a clue. :(

This has been discused in a different thread, but I think it should also be moved here. I think that you have to add Mussolini to Rome- it might not be accurate, but the Romans are basicaly the same people as the Italians. Plus, I would really like to use all the great leaders of the largest nations, and leaving the man who united Italy to what it used to be in the days of the Roman empire, isnt right. He was left out of the Italy mod because he was a dictator, but seeing that Hitler and Stalin are in this mod, dictators arent something you leave out

I really like the Leaderheads CivArmy 1994 does and would love to see the 2 of you combine efforts... Perhaps Get in touch with him and see about getting some more Art for this Mod. I like the Balancing that niffweed17 does for the Civilizations too. The 3 of you's could really make a great package in one.

Job Almost done... But you have a Duty to us all to make it all fit into our game and make it look like the orginal Leaderheads. Meaning you also need the leaders dialogue too. PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE CIV4

Tanks!

NOW GO! Do this work I have commanded of you. My Civilization is Waiting on your deed.

I love CivArmy's leaderheads as well... they're great, sadly, I don't have the abilities to make anything like that. :p

Niffweed's balancing has been put into the mod, and Jecrell was planning to make leaders' dialogue for the new leaders.

However, I think I want to play the game for a week or so first... then I'll think about modding more. ;)

Double post, sorry.

I just read the other thread in modern italy regarding Mussolini. Aye its not a popular decision debate going back and forth. The argument is valid, if Hitler and Stalin can make it in why not Mussolini ?

Regarding agressiveness... I thought myself the civ trait was being used a tad more often than any other. I do agree with your comment about it.
However, you think you can still try to balance the traits anyhoo? What I think you may consider instead would be agressiveness as a rating on how fierce a warmonger they were (kinda like Civ 3 style term ) The real warmongers would deserve agressive for the promotions, were as some of the borderlines would definitely declare war but have other civ trait.

What do you think ?

Mussolini is an Italian leader, whereas I don't consider the Roman empire to be strictly Italian, more like Mediterranean... I don't really like to put him in a Roman civilization, same as Byzantines in the Greek civ or Indian chiefs in the American civ... that's just not right in my opinion.

About the aggressiveness, that's not true anymore... none of the trait combinations is in more than 3 times, and I think aggressive hasn't been used as often as expansive for example, don't know exactly though, *but* as you said... I edited all the war-stats of the leaders... Hitler is unlikely ever to sign a peace treaty with you and Caesar Augustus prefers Pax above all things.

Supreme Shogun said:
The argument is valid, if Hitler and Stalin can make it in why not Mussolini

My counter-argument (in addition to the Roman/Italian thing) would be that Mussolini isn't excluded because he was a fascist. He's excluded because he was a **** leader.

If you want a modern Italian leader take Victor Emmanuel II or Umberto II. Not Mussolini. Not only did he not "make the trains run on time", but he set Italy back 30 years in every possible way.

Oh my -- I wasn't aware this was updated. Time flies.
Anyway, at least that Hitler portrait I submitted was an option. Thanks for including him, and Lincoln looks fantastic as always. :)

Re: Agressiveness. You're right, its balanced now :)

Re: Mussolini. Point taken.

Re: ideas on American leaders, may I present my favorite - Ronald Reagan. This president was the one to be credited for taking down the "EVIL EMPIRE" USSR. "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down That Wall! " has got to be my favorite sound byte. The wall was later torn down under George Bush Sr. presidency. Reagan was the first to apply the pressure. Plus, don't forget we have a whole branch of economics, called Reaganomics. SDI/Star Wars credit Ronald Wilson Reagan. I know this is short summary of the high points of his presidency, I feel he was truly a great man and should be regarded as one of our great presidents. I think if you compare him to other recent presidents they all pale in comparison.

Worth a shot, thanks for hearing me out.

Well if you dont put mussolini then at least put Garibaldi.

Mussolini did not put Italy 30 years back- in fact, that is exactly like saying that Hitler and Stalin put their countries back. Without Mussolini, there would be no Italy, and if the Axis would have won WWII he would be remembered much better.
I dont like Mussolini, nor do I like Hitler or Stalin, in fact I think they all deserve to die much more painful deaths than they did, but they are the leaders that brought the world to what it is today.

hemeth86 said:
Well if you dont put mussolini then at least put Garibaldi.

Mussolini did not put Italy 30 years back- in fact, that is exactly like saying that Hitler and Stalin put their countries back. Without Mussolini, there would be no Italy, and if the Axis would have won WWII he would be remembered much better.
I dont like Mussolini, nor do I like Hitler or Stalin, in fact I think they all deserve to die much more painful deaths than they did, but they are the leaders that brought the world to what it is today.

I think the problem is not that Mussolini is deemed unworthy (for Hitler is present), but that there is no Italy in the game

Don't get me wrong... if I would have to put one Italian leader in, it would be Musollini right away, if only for his colourful character... but I don't have an Italian civilization in my game, only a Roman one, so I can't do that.

hemeth86 said:

Hitler did put his country back 30 years. What do you think post-WWII Germany was like? Stalin didn't have the same result because of what happened after the War.

But Mussolini fared worse than either of these men because Italy didn't reap the benefits than many Germans did just prior to WWII. Instead, Italy was left with most of the 'cons' with none of the 'pros' of the situation.

Of course, this is a conversation better had elsewhere, so I'll leave it at that and extend another thanks to Llotyhy for his work on this.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Hitler did put his country back 30 years. What do you think post-WWII Germany was like? Stalin didn't have the same result because of what happened after the War.

But Mussolini fared worse than either of these men because Italy didn't reap the benefits than many Germans did just prior to WWII. Instead, Italy was left with most of the 'cons' with none of the 'pros' of the situation.

Of course, this is a conversation better had elsewhere, so I'll leave it at that and extend another thanks to Llotyhy for his work on this.

Hitler didn't put his country back 30 years. When WOII strated Germany had the most advanced tank and even normal army in Europe if not the world in the case of tanks. During the nazi-regiem technologie was very important. I am absolutie not pro-nazi's but they did arrange there technologie well, they had the first rockets, most advanced tanks( who would have won the war if Hitler hadn't used them before they where really ready) I don't call that taking your country back. Also in the years 33-38 life in Germany was as a non-nazi-enemie pritty good. The economie was growing most people could affort a bit luxerie etc. of coursed that change in the war but thats one of the side effects of war.

So Hitler might be a foulish, crazy freek but he did not let his country back

Again I am not a neo-nazi nor a fasist. I just tell the facts

I see that your hesitent to include very resent leaders in your Mod but I think that a balanced aproatch for leaders who are no longer living and who are already going down in history as extremly influential.

Thus I propose a balanced bi-partisan addition to the American leader list
Jhon F Kennedy && Ronald Reagan

I'll leave it to everyone else to decide the atributes

Now on another note, with such a plethora of leaders it would be wise to start expanding the atribute lists, several people have been working on new leader abilites like SeaFaring and a convertion of Industrius. With a longer list each leader can be more Unique and fun to play. I will see what I can come up with myself and sugjest ware to insert the new abilites.

Top Bottom