1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Realism Mod (Extended Gameplay and tweaks)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by jaynus, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Otterbear

Otterbear Chieftain

Very good point, I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this.:salute: I, in fact have changed my praetorians stats to allow for greater movement and I will try to negate river crossings as well, as the Roman army had Great engineers and could build a large bridge in short order, say a week.

2. Otterbear

Otterbear Chieftain

Good point, also note that if you could get the elephants to flee, they usually did so through their own ranks, causing many casualties and greatly upsetting the cohesiveness of the attacking force.

I think that they should get the same bonus as say a horse archer as they were used primarily as archer platforms charging an elephant into your enemy's ranks did nothing but guarantee you one dead elephant, it might stir up the ranks a bit but there would have to be an awfully lot of them to do considerable damage. Maybe thats how they were used, but in every historical picture (not the best source for sure), they seem to be using them mainly as a platform for archers.. I could be wrong though.

3. abeverat

abeverat Chieftain

Ok, here is an idea of mine. Maybe somebody already suggested but I didn't read all the thread

It is realeted to nukes.

They should have a better effect than just vanish your enemy. They should be deterent towards other nations.

Propostions :

1) +n points towards you, so that they are more happy and avoid attacking

2) Tweak the IA in order to make them relunctant to attack you

3) Maybe add an diplomatic option like :
    a) I have nukes, be nice
    b) I have nukes, trade with me or equivalent

4) If you nuke somebody, he should accept to stop the war, not continue. Maybe even accept to give you a city

5) Any other idea

Just my 2c, take whatever you prefer/like

4. Otterbear

Otterbear Chieftain

I concur with all those Ideas, also If you drooped an ICBM on New York, it would cease to exits for all intents and purposes. It would be complexly uninhabitable for a prolonged period of time. Bomb shelters may save some of the military or populous but not enough to consider it a city (by any stretch of the imagination) any longer. I have played games where I have drooped dozens of ICBMs on a city and it seems to weather them extremely well, although some of the military units die and some population drop does take place...lame IMO. The enemy should be VERY reluctant to attack or annoy any nation with Nukes...as for the player...well....:D

5. Guitarkalle

Guitarkalle Warlord

Hello! I didn't read the whole thread, just the changes in the first post.

I wonder: How is navy battles? Is navy more important in this mod than vanilla? The navy is the most fun part of the game! Too bad you don't really need a navy in vanilla.

6. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

If I wanted to bring back razing cities... how do I do it?

Which file do I tweak?

7. john0452

john0452 Chieftain

I would like to try out your mod jaynus but the link on the first post is broken. Could you or anyone who did get a copy of it put it up again, please. :D

8. Simetrical

Simetrical Chieftain

Try playing Islands, Archipelago, etc.

9. Erendir

Erendir Chieftain

the link doesnt work..

But

2*+50% vs Swordsman

Do only I have the bug or?..

10. Erendir

Erendir Chieftain

and just one think:

Jaguar replaces Swordsman...
    Jaguar has 5 strange, +10% City Attack +25% Jungle Defence and costs 40
    Axeman has 5 str., +25% Jungle AND Forest def., +50% vs melee, +50% vs Swordsman, costs 30.

nonsense. Axemen are cheaper and better, than jaguars.

11. pneumatic-Hamme

pneumatic-Hamme Chieftain

Hi.
    I read in your ToDo-list, that your planning to create a wall-option for the workers...
    How about a new unit like a pioneer or so who can build those walls!
    Maybe there could be different wall-types like antitank barrier or incite wire (dont know the right word for it in english, I mean a barrier against infantry).
    And maybe could plant and deplant minefields...

12. Dragula

Dragula Chieftain

Your download link doesnt work for some reason... Help plz, Im anxious to play it.

13. ankit2025

ankit2025 Chieftain

14. JakeCourtney

JakeCourtney Villain

Yeah, since Jaynus probably got his computer taken away by his mother.

15. Bozso

Bozso Chieftain

Hello this realim mod seems to be very good.
    When do yo plan to release a new version?

16. Hulk

Hulk Chieftain

The requested URL /jaynus/CIV4_Realism_v0.6.zip was not found on this server.

and it don`t work after 3 minutes ...
    greets hulk

17. Erendir

Erendir Chieftain

1.09 update by Erendir of Realism 0.6 BETA by jaynus:

I hope, it works correctly.

(2 parts because of max 500Kb/zip-attachment)

it was no changes to balance... But it will be...

ADDED oups... there are TWO files, CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml and ~CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml. With "~" is the original modfile, and in other is iBarbPercent set to 170 (instead of 210).

Attached Files:

18. CautiousChaos

CautiousChaos Warlord

Hey folks...

I'm another one of those folks looking to better the Civ4 experience. This here sounds good, but I'm a singleplayer, er.. player, and I'm wondering if this mod is useful and good only for multiplayer?

Does the AI use the mod effectively? Like for example, I read that submarines can upgrade to nuclear submarines. Does the AI recognize this and use the upgrade to its advantage?

Also, I'm a bit confused on what to download. At the beginning there is a download link, but then in a post just a few messages earlier than mine here, there is an update.

Thanks for any help... -Chaos

19. Erendir

Erendir Chieftain

i've keeped most of the original mod settings, except some minor things... just adjusted it to v1.09.

And yes, this mod is also good for both multiplayer and single. IMO.

20. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Erendir's tweaks to Jaynus' mod seems to be the most recent. I downloaded it and I love it. I had a bit of a problem making sure everything was in the correct folder..hehe