Civ4 Roll Call: Who has it?

AlanH said:
@meaghanchan: Welcome to the forum. What hardware are you playing on?

Yeah, right! We won't be hearing from him for days! :lol:

AlanH: I'm on a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5, with 1 GB RAM. It's a fairly new computer, just about a year old. And so far it's running fine, although I haven't gotten into the late game yet- I'm taking a quick break at 920 AD right now. Thanks for the welcome! I posted here a couple times on the Civ III board, but mainly I just lurk. The advice and everything here is awesome!

Oh, and bio_hazard: Not that it matters, but I'm actually a girl. Yes, I know, one of the few... But what can I say? The whole series of games is awesome. And I'm only posting right now because I have to balance my Civ addiction with my internet addiction!

The first step is admitting that you have a problem, meaghan... and you've taken that step. Congrats!

meaghanchan said:
Oh, and bio_hazard: Not that it matters, but I'm actually a girl. Yes, I know, one of the few... But what can I say?

:hatsoff: Howdy ma'am.

Btw, it matters. Now, we've got reason to spruce this here place up a bit. ;)

meaghanchan is the [civ3mac] :queen: of [civ4]!

Welcome meaghanchan! :)

I pre-ordered from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I must not rate very high over there--I haven't heard a thing. I mean, I didn't sign up for Amazon Prime because I wanted help developing patience!

I guess for now I am stuck with wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'. :religion:

meaghanchan said:
Oh, and bio_hazard: Not that it matters, but I'm actually a girl. Yes, I know, one of the few... But what can I say? The whole series of games is awesome. And I'm only posting right now because I have to balance my Civ addiction with my internet addiction!

Ooops- my bad! :blush: And yes, welcome to the forum!

So how's the game look so far?

Unfortunately I won't be buying for a couple of weeks, until after this grant deadline is over...:cry:

I just got home with my copy that I picked up at the Apple Company Store in Cupertino. In the process of installing now!

Yippee!!!!

not yet, though I am waiting with great anticipation ... amazon said they shipped today! and UPS says the shipment has been picked up from the seller's facility ...

Got mine yesterday. Thank you, Amazon. Preordered with slower free shipping, but I've learned that it can be the fastest way with a preorder since they use the US Mail and I'm near their shipping point.

Yes it DOES work on a MacBook (so far). Wonder if it's because of the lack of some sounds?

:yup: Picked mine up yesterday (July 1) afternoon at CompUSA (Minneapolis) after no success at an Apple store. First game is fun so far although it is becoming noticeably sluggish (iMac 1.9 GHz G5, 1 GB RAM) -- enough to send me here to read what others are saying.

Hi, welcome! :wavey:

The other, and probably most important, thing you can tell us about your Mac is what video card and video memory it has.

Hello 'AlanH', thanks for the welcome. My iMac has a ATI Radeon X600 Pro video card with 128 MB VRAM.

----

AlanH said:
Hi, welcome! :wavey:

The other, and probably most important, thing you can tell us about your Mac is what video card and video memory it has.

-----

StP_Skooby said:
:yup: Picked mine up yesterday (July 1) afternoon at CompUSA (Minneapolis) after no success at an Apple store. First game is fun so far although it is becoming noticeably sluggish (iMac 1.9 GHz G5, 1 GB RAM) -- enough to send me here to read what others are saying.

Picked up my copy today July 3, 2006 in Bellevue, Washington. Had to inquire about it for it was still "in the back" and not on store shelves yet. All the CompUSAs in the Seattle area should have received it, according to there stockroom worker.

Just got mine.. just now. DHL brought it to the post office. I thought I'd have to wait two more days, but they had it for me behind the counter!

Installing. Hopefully I'll have exactly the same problems as everyone else.

Zaimejs said:
Installing. Hopefully I'll have exactly the same problems as everyone else.
:lol: Good luck.

I'm hoping for completely new and original problems (dang, this is too smooth! What can be done about that?). Not holding my breath, though...

Top Bottom