1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Temporary Leave Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by bathsheba666, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

I am unfortunately exceptionally busy this month. As in, my father has had enough of me leeching off of him and has thrown me out. So I have to get a new home. And a job. And keep on doing stuff for uni. I'll try to play my current batch of turns within a week, but staving off homelessness naturally takes precedence. Sorry for the delay y'all.

2. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Ok understood. Hope you resolve things soon. However sorting your life out takes priority. Good wishes.

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I had a feeling this was bound to happen. It made me feel sad short term, but in a long term I think this will improve Knoedel's character and his practical skills. But I am still wondering how did Mother allow this to happen. Because it is better to teach son about real life's problems gradually .

4. Phylhom

Phylhom King

Good luck with this new stage on your life, Knoedel!

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  5. Imp. Knoedel

Okay so that week turned out to be longer than expected. By Friday I'll at last be finished with moving homes (or will have died trying) so that's a load and a giant timesink off my back. Seriously, five hours of driving to my old home, packing stuff and driving to my new home per day is really exhausting. That's five hours per day I will be able to use for, well, PBEMs. Also uni stuff and searching for a job, but you know, priorities. :lol: Realistically I expect to be able to play my outstanding turns Saturday and/or Sunday, and no, I have not forgotten about Dominearthion, I'm just overwhelmed a bit.
    Special shout-out to the Austrian public rail network for facilitating my transportation of two suitcases a day. :lol:

6. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

I am off on short break to Austria until 17th Nov

7. Imp. Knoedel

Austria, huh? What are you planning to do in my quaint little country? A pity you don't stay a bit longer, I would have invited you to my birthday party. :lol:

8. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Are you gonna help Knoedel move into his new house?

9. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

I had a great visit to Vienna. Very good apartment in KunsthausVien,next to Hundertwasser museum; lots of walking, coffee, apple and cheese strudel. Also visits to Museums and art galleries. Did the whole inner city walking tour. I must say Austrian people I met along the way were more than helpful and friendly.

I went to a string quartet event in Mozart Haus, Singerstrasse. Excellent. The city has a lot to offer. Apparently though, summer temperatures in 2017 were in the 39/40 c region. Not pleasant. Also a shortage of rainfall which has effects.

Re Imp K.

I thought I saw a figure pulling a heavy cart laden with Civ4 games struggling through the streets.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  10. ricketyclik

ricketyclik Emperor

I'm gunna be away from 3 January til about 18 January. I may still be able to squeeze some turns out, but I may not.

11. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

I will be out of pocket Jan 6 thru 14th. Not that I expect to delay any games as all (most) of the ones I am playing are currently with Phylhom.

12. Phylhom

Phylhom King

Hi everyone! I was travelling last month. Today, I am restarting to play civ. Hope to finish all my delayed turns on next two days.

13. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Usually people post here before the temporary leave and not after.

Next time would it be possible to do it like that? Thank you.

14. Phylhom

Phylhom King

Yeah, I know that! I will do it next times! :thumbsup:

15. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

I have just spent the last few days re-installing my computer OS, etc after a disk fault and all my games and everything has been lost. Given that I play only once every 3-4 weeks in PBEM (yes that is how long I have to wait for the 5-6 gamers I am still in), I have decided that I no longer want to play PBEM games or Civilization anymore. If anyone needs my password to continue my turns or retire me it is "road2war".

I like to thank you all for the fun times I have had, but I have now moved on to other interests and games.

All the best all in 2018 - Thank you again.

16. Imp. Knoedel

So...

considering this is the Temporary Leave thread, I take it you will return at some point?

17. kiwitt

Not likely ... I have other interests now. It really wasn't worth creating a new thread for this.

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Looking for replacement :(

19. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Thank you Kiwitt for all the games you've played in. I was always very wary of you ingame, I always felt you would attack when you were strong enough, as you did.
    I also always will remember the passion you had for the Japanese Battleship Yamato ( in the game Minor League) which you took on a world cruise circumnavigating the world and visiting the capital cities of the different powers.

I note as well the fall off in participation of Civ4 pbems

Anyway all the best.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  20. kiwitt