Civ4 Temporary Leave Announcement Thread

I am unfortunately exceptionally busy this month. As in, my father has had enough of me leeching off of him and has thrown me out. So I have to get a new home. And a job. And keep on doing stuff for uni. I'll try to play my current batch of turns within a week, but staving off homelessness naturally takes precedence. Sorry for the delay y'all.

Ok understood. Hope you resolve things soon. However sorting your life out takes priority. Good wishes.

I am unfortunately exceptionally busy this month. As in, my father has had enough of me leeching off of him and has thrown me out. So I have to get a new home. And a job. And keep on doing stuff for uni. I'll try to play my current batch of turns within a week, but staving off homelessness naturally takes precedence. Sorry for the delay y'all.

I had a feeling this was bound to happen. It made me feel sad short term, but in a long term I think this will improve Knoedel's character and his practical skills. But I am still wondering how did Mother allow this to happen. Because it is better to teach son about real life's problems gradually .

Good luck with this new stage on your life, Knoedel!

Okay so that week turned out to be longer than expected. By Friday I'll at last be finished with moving homes (or will have died trying) so that's a load and a giant timesink off my back. Seriously, five hours of driving to my old home, packing stuff and driving to my new home per day is really exhausting. That's five hours per day I will be able to use for, well, PBEMs. Also uni stuff and searching for a job, but you know, priorities. :lol: Realistically I expect to be able to play my outstanding turns Saturday and/or Sunday, and no, I have not forgotten about Dominearthion, I'm just overwhelmed a bit.
Special shout-out to the Austrian public rail network for facilitating my transportation of two suitcases a day. :lol:

I am off on short break to Austria until 17th Nov
Austria, huh? What are you planning to do in my quaint little country? A pity you don't stay a bit longer, I would have invited you to my birthday party. :lol:

I had a great visit to Vienna. Very good apartment in KunsthausVien,next to Hundertwasser museum; lots of walking, coffee, apple and cheese strudel. Also visits to Museums and art galleries. Did the whole inner city walking tour. I must say Austrian people I met along the way were more than helpful and friendly.

I went to a string quartet event in Mozart Haus, Singerstrasse. Excellent. The city has a lot to offer. Apparently though, summer temperatures in 2017 were in the 39/40 c region. Not pleasant. Also a shortage of rainfall which has effects.

Re Imp K.

I thought I saw a figure pulling a heavy cart laden with Civ4 games struggling through the streets.

Last edited:
I will be out of pocket Jan 6 thru 14th. Not that I expect to delay any games as all (most) of the ones I am playing are currently with Phylhom.

Hi everyone! I was travelling last month. Today, I am restarting to play civ. Hope to finish all my delayed turns on next two days.

I was travelling last month. Today, I am restarting to play civ. Hope to finish all my delayed turns on next two days.
Usually people post here before the temporary leave and not after.

Next time would it be possible to do it like that? Thank you.

I have just spent the last few days re-installing my computer OS, etc after a disk fault and all my games and everything has been lost. Given that I play only once every 3-4 weeks in PBEM (yes that is how long I have to wait for the 5-6 gamers I am still in), I have decided that I no longer want to play PBEM games or Civilization anymore. If anyone needs my password to continue my turns or retire me it is "road2war".

I like to thank you all for the fun times I have had, but I have now moved on to other interests and games.

All the best all in 2018 - Thank you again.

So...

considering this is the Temporary Leave thread, I take it you will return at some point?

Not likely ... I have other interests now. It really wasn't worth creating a new thread for this.

Looking for replacement :(

If anyone needs my password to continue my turns or retire me it is "road2war".

I like to thank you all for the fun times I have had, but I have now moved on to other interests and games.

All the best all in 2018 - Thank you again.

Thank you Kiwitt for all the games you've played in. I was always very wary of you ingame, I always felt you would attack when you were strong enough, as you did.
I also always will remember the passion you had for the Japanese Battleship Yamato ( in the game Minor League) which you took on a world cruise circumnavigating the world and visiting the capital cities of the different powers.

I note as well the fall off in participation of Civ4 pbems

Anyway all the best.

Top Bottom