1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Temporary Leave Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by bathsheba666, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Job related delays with any turns I may have, will play asap

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Stupid capitalistic pigdogs infesting my computer with adware...

So yeah, spent the entire weekend trying to get rid of that, and now I have stuff for uni to do, like that one homework that was due two hours ago. Oh joy.

The most realistic time window for me to play my turns would be in about 20 hours, worst case scenario on Thursday. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but until recently I couldn't even open this site without being redirected to Sid knows what malicious sites.

3. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Computer has given up the ghost, think I have managed to fry the hard drive... :( cannot play for time being sorry.

4. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Taking a short trip this weekend with my wife, I'm asking the regulars here to play a few of my most pressing turns, for the most part most of my games already have queues and orders

5. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

I will be traveling on business beginning tomorrow 29 March and not back in the office until 18 April. I will have a civ laptop with me, so I should be able to keep on top of my turns, but my response time will likely be slowed and sporadic. Apologies everyone.

6. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Apologies for the delays. I have been playing in a Marathon Armored Warfare promotion for the last few days. All turns received have now been played and sent.

7. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

The last leg of my travels will be going to Bermuda next week, which includes taking my wife with me, so as you can imagine I won't be playing civ during my downtime! I will be back to catch up on all turns and sort out this pbem tracker mess in all my games on 18 April.

8. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

I have several things to do over the weekend, and into the week. Thus my turn playing may be delayed.

9. Imp. Knoedel

Gonna have another wild weekend. No really, it starts in a few hours, so until Sunday afternoon I won't be able to play any turns at all.

10. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Got a virus, a black screen and a cursor, attempts with "safe mode" cmd prompts failed. Wife dropping at shop Monday and hopefully I can pick it up Friday

11. Imp. Knoedel

I was quite busy the last week, but I should have played all my turns by tomorrow.

12. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

I'm going soon on holidays but I did manage to find temporary replacements for some of my games, which are:
    * Rise and Stagnation of Civilization - Rodrigo
    * PostRomanum - Sinimusta
    * RandomEmpires - Sinimusta
    * The future will be better tomorrow - Sinimusta

When you send the file could you please send it to my replacement and me, simultaneously? Thanks.

I'm trying to reduce the impact on the games of my absence, but I will require some cooperation in order to do just that.

I shall be back around June 20th.

13. Imp. Knoedel

Sooooooo I built a new computer. Well technically I just rebuilt my old computer but in a new case, because 95% of the other components are exactly the same as I just moved them over. The other 5%? The network card, which as it turns out was a very strange thing with a unique plug that doesn't go directly into the mainboard, but instead into another obsolete component which is itself connected to a third component which is hardwired through a part of my old case, and there is no way I can build that monstrosity into my new case, which means until the new network card I ordered arrives in some days I have no way of accessing the Internet with my computer.

... Unless I download the turns on my tablet and then move them over with a USB cable... Eeeeee never mind, I guess I can try that.

14. Imp. Knoedel

Never mind, turns out I can just connect my computer via LAN cable to my modem. :crazyeye:

15. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

I'm back from holidays. Did not get as many turns in my inbox as I was expecting....

16. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

All games are running slower since the collapse of PBEMTracker

17. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Taking a 7 day Holiday with my family, I'll have my laptop but no clue how much time I'll have to play turns

18. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

I'm on vacation from the 10th to 20th.

19. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Bad news!
    Somehow my "Tablet drive" got corrupted even know I NEVER used it as a table. At start up I get only a table drive dialog box and the screen just blinks. All attempts (20 plus) to recover the system failed, recovery, diagnostic ugh!
    Will try to set up "old faithful"

Good news
    I have a new office job, I sit behind a desk, imagine that after 35+ years of truck driving. I see my loving wife every day now.

If anyone is able to cover for me on a few turns I'd really appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone

20. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

I will as long as I am not in conflict with my own turn.

Just advise which games.

Sounds good with new desk job.