Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by bathsheba666, Jun 11, 2006.
Job related delays with any turns I may have, will play asap
Stupid capitalistic pigdogs infesting my computer with adware...
So yeah, spent the entire weekend trying to get rid of that, and now I have stuff for uni to do, like that one homework that was due two hours ago. Oh joy.
The most realistic time window for me to play my turns would be in about 20 hours, worst case scenario on Thursday. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but until recently I couldn't even open this site without being redirected to Sid knows what malicious sites.
Computer has given up the ghost, think I have managed to fry the hard drive... cannot play for time being sorry.
Taking a short trip this weekend with my wife, I'm asking the regulars here to play a few of my most pressing turns, for the most part most of my games already have queues and orders
I will be traveling on business beginning tomorrow 29 March and not back in the office until 18 April. I will have a civ laptop with me, so I should be able to keep on top of my turns, but my response time will likely be slowed and sporadic. Apologies everyone.
Apologies for the delays. I have been playing in a Marathon Armored Warfare promotion for the last few days. All turns received have now been played and sent.
The last leg of my travels will be going to Bermuda next week, which includes taking my wife with me, so as you can imagine I won't be playing civ during my downtime! I will be back to catch up on all turns and sort out this pbem tracker mess in all my games on 18 April.
I have several things to do over the weekend, and into the week. Thus my turn playing may be delayed.
Gonna have another wild weekend. No really, it starts in a few hours, so until Sunday afternoon I won't be able to play any turns at all.
Got a virus, a black screen and a cursor, attempts with "safe mode" cmd prompts failed. Wife dropping at shop Monday and hopefully I can pick it up Friday
I was quite busy the last week, but I should have played all my turns by tomorrow.
I'm going soon on holidays but I did manage to find temporary replacements for some of my games, which are:
* Rise and Stagnation of Civilization - Rodrigo
* PostRomanum - Sinimusta
* RandomEmpires - Sinimusta
* The future will be better tomorrow - Sinimusta
When you send the file could you please send it to my replacement and me, simultaneously? Thanks.
I'm trying to reduce the impact on the games of my absence, but I will require some cooperation in order to do just that.
I shall be back around June 20th.
Sooooooo I built a new computer. Well technically I just rebuilt my old computer but in a new case, because 95% of the other components are exactly the same as I just moved them over. The other 5%? The network card, which as it turns out was a very strange thing with a unique plug that doesn't go directly into the mainboard, but instead into another obsolete component which is itself connected to a third component which is hardwired through a part of my old case, and there is no way I can build that monstrosity into my new case, which means until the new network card I ordered arrives in some days I have no way of accessing the Internet with my computer.
... Unless I download the turns on my tablet and then move them over with a USB cable... Eeeeee never mind, I guess I can try that.
Never mind, turns out I can just connect my computer via LAN cable to my modem.
I'm back from holidays. Did not get as many turns in my inbox as I was expecting....
All games are running slower since the collapse of PBEMTracker
Taking a 7 day Holiday with my family, I'll have my laptop but no clue how much time I'll have to play turns
I'm on vacation from the 10th to 20th.
Somehow my "Tablet drive" got corrupted even know I NEVER used it as a table. At start up I get only a table drive dialog box and the screen just blinks. All attempts (20 plus) to recover the system failed, recovery, diagnostic ugh!
Will try to set up "old faithful"
I have a new office job, I sit behind a desk, imagine that after 35+ years of truck driving. I see my loving wife every day now.
If anyone is able to cover for me on a few turns I'd really appreciate it
Sent from my iPhone
I will as long as I am not in conflict with my own turn.
Just advise which games.
Sounds good with new desk job.
Separate names with a comma.