Civ4 TraitBuildingUnitTech Chart

plasmacannon

Emperor
I know some people still need help in their strategy for Civ 4.
I use a chart I made a while ago to choose which Leader, or Unique Unit and Unique Building I want for the next game, depending on how I want to proceed. I still see questions in the forums from some who could benefit from something like this.

The Leaders are organized by their Traits in Trait alphabetical order.
So, for example, if you want to do a game with a good combat, you could scroll down to the leaders with Aggressive, Charismatic, or Protective Traits and this will help you quickly choose which of the 52 Leaders best fits your strategy this game.
I also included all unique buildings, unique units, empire colors and which empires begin with which techs, even underlining empires with mysticism.
All on one page for fast reference.

The file was created in MS Excel 2007, then, copy/paste into MS Paint to be saved as a .jpg file.

Attachments

• Civ4 TraitsBuildingsUniquesTechs.jpg
    Civ4 TraitsBuildingsUniquesTechs.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 834
That's nice too. Less colorful though.

I selected BTS (because, that's all I use) and found these two errors:

1) Financial doesn't give half cost production of Banks, that was removed.
2) Organized does give half cost production of Factories, which was left out.

If you know the person who created it, you might want to notify them, that, it needs to be updated.

If you know the person who created it, you might want to notify them, that, it needs to be updated.

Yeah I doubt he is even here anymore that file was put up in April 2006!

But the thought is nice.:D

DD

Hippodrome is a Theatre, not Collosseum

Hippodrome is a Theatre, not Collosseum

Corrected.
I had updated that in my excel sheet, but, hadn't uploaded it til now.

Anyway, I hope everyone has found it useful.
:)

It's a nice image, but the Stock Exchange and Mint give bonuses to Gold production, not Commerce production. ;)

It's a nice image, but the Stock Exchange and Mint give bonuses to Gold production, not Commerce production. ;)

The Civilopedia used the phrase "increases the city's production of wealth."
I suppose I could shorten that to either wealth or gold, but, you are right, commerce is different.
In other places, such as the Financial Trait is shows the gold coin symbol, and in others like the Great Merchant it says, you can gain gold from using it.
So, it would seem that gold would be the correct word, in the other cases as well.

I created this chart back in mid 2009. I guess I saw the word commerce too much and used in place of the word Gold.
I will correct those differences.

I appreciate the constructive criticism.
Better to have a more accurate chart, than one giving false information. :)

Attachments

• Civ4TraitsBuildingsUniquesTechs.jpg
    Civ4TraitsBuildingsUniquesTechs.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 317
Top Bottom