Civ4 Warlords Info Center

Those were my guesses. Charismatic is the best fit for both of them and Napoleon should definately be imperialistic. Caesar seems like he got more powerful than he already was (Praetorians that promote faster is scary), but he definately deserves it. Organized fits the best for him (never liked Expansive), but I could see them considering something else for balance reasons.

F'ing Awsome!!!!! (real comments will follow actually reading it).

OK, I've read it.

I'm suprised that they changed so many leader traits. I guess people will really have to rethink which civ will be the best.

Well, most of what I have read is great-I especially like the addition of the Trireme, as it will put a little more focus on naval combat in the ancient and classical ages.
However, I am very disappointed by the fact that-overall-the naval and airborne components of the game still sound so very lacking :(. If nothing else, why can't they give us an exclusive list of naval promotions, seperate from those of land-based units? I also can't believe that we STILL don't get a Paratrooper!!!!! Please, Firaxis, throw this dog a bone-PLEASE give us beefed up naval and airborne elements SOON!!!!

Aussie_Lurker.

Genghis - Imeprialistic and Aggresive :eek: (with an amazing UB). Sounds like hes gonna be a militaristic powerhouse.

Truronian said:
Genghis - Imeprialistic and Aggresive :eek: (with an amazing UB). Sounds like hes gonna be a militaristic powerhouse.
:D I can't wait :D

Tokugawa, if you look at the number of free promotions his units gets (and realise that Protective's bonuses have changed), is also going to be a militaristic powerhouse too.

STILL no mention of the 2 new resources.

I agree, Naval combat needs to be beefed up. Battleships should get multiple attacks (just like tanks and modern armour), and they need to introduce an "Great Admiral" to offset the "Great General/Warlord".

dhuntgen said:
well. i take ottomans at once.
The UU may be useful for a bit, but the traits suck. This guy is just the old Julius with a much shorter-lived UU. Well ok, there's the +2 happiness aqueduct but how often do you need an aqueduct with an Exp civ?

Come to think of it, Exp civs should get +100% aqueduct production as a band-aid. Granaries are already cheap enough...
Watiggi said:
Tokugawa, if you look at the number of free promotions his units gets (and realise that Protective's bonuses have changed), is also going to be a militaristic powerhouse too.
Protective has changed? Only been drill I&II for archers and artillery and +100% castles and walls, AFAIK.

Monado noticed from this Churchill screenshot that the Charismatic and Protective traits are changed:

Old effects:
Charismatic
+2 Happiness in each city
25% reduction in unit promotion cost
Double production speed of broadcast towers

Protective
Artillery and archers receive drill I and II automatically
Walls and castles construct twice as quickly

New effects:
Charismatic
+1 happiness per city
-25% XP needed for unit promotions
+1 happiness from Monument, Broadcast Tower

Protective
Archery and Gunpowder units receive Drill I and City Garrison I automatically
Double production speed of Walls and Castle

I have updated the info center with this change. Thanks Monado for pointing it out.

Toku looks quite interesting. Once he learns Archery he'll be a tough nut to crack until you can bring Catapults in, and once he gets Longbows you might as well back off until Maces. It should also help a lot with him having his growth stunted at the start of the game by being too aggressive, with those traits he should be able to expand as much as the other AIs.

We should keep an eye out for Winston Churchill if he managed to research Rifling technology because of their Redcoats' free receivement of city defense and drill I make them too difficult to kill in cities with cavalries and grenadiers unless you bought plenty of catapults/cannons.

monkspider said:
Napoleon I bet will be Imperialistic/Charismatic.
Caesar will be charismatic/organized. He wasn't an imperialist.
Caesar wasn't an imperialist? Are you joking?

Cyrus at Cre/Exp was undoubtedly the weakest leader, but at Cha/Imp he becomes much more interesting. I'm assuming that Cha means 2 promotions at 4 exp, so shock Immortals will actually be able to kill axemen like war chariots and net him an ultra quick great general. I wonder what you'd want to do with one so early, though. Probably save it for later, or start joining them to a city you are sure is going to be a heroic epic.

Does anyone else see military academies as being fairly weak? Perhaps for a West Point + Red Cross combo, but at that point the game is usually decided. I suppose Genghis will benefit the most from academies, since the Ger is crazy-good and he won't have as much use for advisors.

Gherald said:
Cyrus at Cre/Exp was undoubtedly the weakest leader, but at Cha/Imp he becomes much more interesting. I'm assuming that Cha means 2 promotions at 4 exp, so shock Immortals will actually be able to kill axemen like war chariots and net him an ultra quick great general. I wonder what you'd want to do with one so early, though. Probably save it for later, or start joining them to a city you are sure is going to be a heroic epic.
I simply cannot believe that anyone got Charismatic/Imperialistic - especially of all people Cyrus. He is, IMO, THE warmonger now. The only thing he is missing is a cheap barracks, but hell, that aint much when you can clock up the promotions quicker plus get the Great Generals more quickly. I don't like that move - it should have gone to someone else or more appropriately IMO, to no one. They both help eachother much like Phi/Ind if you think about it (one generates more start up experience and the other requires less experience to promote). I have a real problem with that. If they can allow that, then they should allow Phi/Ind (and give Cha/Imp to someone else). EDIT: Thinking about it, I don't think it does the game any good if anyone had it. It just stands to far out there from all the other war combos. It's far worse than the Aggressive/Charismatic combo, IMO.

Gherald said:
Does anyone else see military academies as being fairly weak? Perhaps for a West Point + Red Cross combo, but at that point the game is usually decided. I suppose Genghis will benefit the most from academies, since the Ger is crazy-good and he won't have as much use for advisors.
Military Academy will go well with Police State (assuming Police State hasn't been changed to somthing like the "+100% Great General Emergence"). +50% military production would be cool. But I also like the +2 xp from the Military Advisor also. So I don't know. It all depends on how oftern the Great Generals appear. If they are hard to get, then I doubt I will be wasting them on something like that. If they are reasonably easy to come by for a warmonger, then I would experiement with the Academy, Advisor and Warlord and find a good balance.

Watiggi

I'm thinking most people are going to want to save doing warlords until they've built a stack of 5 or 10 cavalry or something like that.

So that's good, but what do you do when you get one with Immortals?
Watiggi said:
I simply cannot believe that anyone got Charismatic/Imperialistic - especially of all people Cyrus.
What doesn't make sense is why they gave him the piss-poor traits of Exp/Cre to begin with. The persians, babylonians, assyrians, etc. had great military empires until they got picked off by the greeks.

Top Bottom