Civ5 interface - 1st image

a fun feature to just repeatedly select a unit to hear it talk. :)

"Yes my Lord?"

"My Lord?"

"Why do you keep clicking on me?"

A cookie to whoever names the game. :)

"Yes my Lord?"

"My Lord?"

"Why do you keep clicking on me?"

A cookie to whoever names the game. :)

Warcraft. Not sure if it's I or II.

This picture is an obvious setup just to tease the Bejezzus out of us. Still, I like what I see. I think the fog of war was deliberately removed to show us more of the terrain. Hope so anyway.

In early Civ4 screenshots there was no fog of war either. :)

So its probably a testing mode, so they can see whats going on.

I think there's definitely going to be fog of war in the final game, besides, we would rather see everything than just a black fog and a few tiles, wouldn't we?

And one other thing: Why does the mountain range look cut in half? I mean, this is pre-alpha, but come on, make the graphics a bit less glitchy before you show us! :lol:

I like it, except the action bar on the left side.

We still start at 4000 bc
Culture
Science
Gold
Health
Units with 2 movement standard
No fog of war (probably just to test the game)
They use Firefox :)
They use Word 2003
Adobe Fireworks, what could that be for?
They are programming in what looks to be C++ in CvCity (other pic)
They have not made the CiV icon yet
He is running the "release version"

I don't think there's much to be had from the other image. Being a sad bastard, I squinted at it for a while to see if I could make anything interesting out.

I can make out that John Schaeffner has a horrible eye-hurting color scheme for his compiler.

I am just afraid moutains and hills will blck visibility of other tiles. Apart from that it looks great. Also has anyone realized that is in WINDOWED MODE? Mabye hinting that it can be run in it for us when it comes out?

Ah, so we'll have a stripper, or perhaps a belly dancer if one prefers some pretense, serving as our foreign advisor. She's totally just doing it to pay for graduate school. Tufts is expensive!

Oy.

it was just a test game, i agree. fog of war cannot be removed.
and by the way jasmine may be my second love in gaming industry. (1st was Jaheire from BG2) :p

by the way, jasmine is the name of a plant/flower and jasmine is the english, "Yasemin" is used in mid east. so it might be arabs or turks or any other civiization. that doesn't seem to give us hint about the civ the tester picked.

well, i really want unique gfx for each civilziaiton. you know, in civ4 an inca swordsman looked differently than a german swordsman and a japanese swordsman. the settler seems just like a default unit picture, i hope they will develop it more.

If you look closely at the selected settler unit 'window' in the lower left corner, beneath the movement speed info three crescent moons can be seen. I believe this may be a national icon indicator, suggesting the civilization being played is an Islamic one. The fact that the foreign advisor's name is Jasmine (a name of middle-eastern origin), this may suggest we'll indeed have culturally diverse advisors and possibly even more cultural/ethnic diversity between civs.

The 3 crescent moons facing the same way on an off-white background is an Islamic Egyptian flag/standard afaik. Speculating the Egyptian may not be the ancient Egyptians, although the confirmed leader is Rameses. ?!?

correct me if I am wrong, because I am sure many of the Islamic nations had very similar standards...

Also, doesn't it make sense for mountains and hills and forests and etc to block visibility of the other side?!

Why does anyone believe they've changed the fog of war with this screenshot?
It's clear none of the units have moved since the settler hasn't built a city and the warrior has yet to be told to move, so everything on that screen can be seen by one of the units.

For example: Start a game of Civ4 and without moving any units take a screenshot with fog of war.

edit: just noticed the vision ranges on units would have to be quite impressive to see so much land. Either vision range is increased, or Fog of war has been removed/not implemented in that screenshot.

The fact that the foreign advisor has a name seems different. Maybe we'll get different advisors every government change, like in Civ1.

Why does anyone believe they've changed the fog of war with this screenshot?
It's clear none of the units have moved since the settler hasn't built a city and the warrior has yet to be told to move, so everything on that screen can be seen by one of the units.

For example: Start a game of Civ4 and without moving any units take a screenshot with fog of war.

edit: just noticed the vision ranges on units would have to be quite impressive to see so much land. Either vision range is increased, or Fog of war has been removed/not implemented in that screenshot.

Guys, for real, they're testing the game. If I were testing a game and wanted to make sure everything, including AI, was working right, I would turn fog of war off too.

Top Bottom