1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5: Ogre (converted from Civ4 FFH)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by S3rgeus, Nov 9, 2013.

1. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

So, I took Ekmek's advice and decided to take a stab at the amazing unit conversion tutorial made by wolfdog. And now we've got a second Ogre unit for CiV! It uses the Aztec Jaguar animations.

Download here!

This is a conversion from Civ4 FFH, and all credit for the actual model and texture go to seZereth!

Screenshots of our new friend in action:

Spoiler :

2. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

GREAT! :thanx:

Can we expect more units soon?

3. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

You're welcome! :D Yes, definitely! I'm working on a second unit right now. (Fantasy unit, of course!) I'm going to try to do a bunch of 'random' ones to get some practice before I focus on specific ones I want for my own mods. I think I may have to actually make meshes myself for my mods as well, so that will require some significant Blender practice.

4. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Emperor

5. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

great job !
    (just personnal feeling : there should be less ogres... and they could be bigger )

6. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

This can be done easily by manipulating the Art Defines in the database.

7. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

Excellent! Can't wait to see more!

8. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Good work S3rgeus! Welcome to the 3D modding club. :goodjob:

9. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

Thank you! And I can't believe I didn't say thanks to you, Deliverator, for Nexus Buddy 2! Without your work on that and the nb2 file format this would all be impossible! :D

10. JurGor

JurGor Chieftain

Yay!!! Fantasy units!!! Bring them on!!!

11. Murphy613

Murphy613 Prince

Thank you so much for making this! I like it a lot. Could you please transfer it - and your other fantasy units - to the new Fantasy Unit section in the Database?

12. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

Done! :)

13. Voltron81

Voltron81 Chieftain

may i borrow this in my mod. I might find a home for it in my genetic age as some kind of mutant or clone. Due credit to you of course. Further more maybe we can talk about how to make units, or retexture. I would love to make a terminator looking unit for sure. I would like to make several futuristic units. Or if someone has some futuristic units the would allow me to have for the mod it would be great. I am pretty much done with tech trees, working on buildings, then it will be units. after that various features like new level of roads, city graphic art. I have done icon art

14. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

Feel free to use this unit in your mod (and credit seZereth as well, he made the original CivIV model). If you're looking at learning to convert units, then check out this tutorial and most of the work done by deliverator and wolfdog to start with. There's a lot of time to put in for it (I did a decent amount of unrelated tutorials with Blender before I could competently follow and adapt to the tutorials), but it can be very helpful for your own mod and the whole community.