Civ5: Ogre (converted from Civ4 FFH)

S3rgeus

Emperor
So, I took Ekmek's advice and decided to take a stab at the amazing unit conversion tutorial made by wolfdog. And now we've got a second Ogre unit for CiV! It uses the Aztec Jaguar animations.

Download here!

This is a conversion from Civ4 FFH, and all credit for the actual model and texture go to seZereth!

Screenshots of our new friend in action:

Spoiler :

GREAT! :thanx:

Can we expect more units soon?

You're welcome! :D Yes, definitely! I'm working on a second unit right now. (Fantasy unit, of course!) I'm going to try to do a bunch of 'random' ones to get some practice before I focus on specific ones I want for my own mods. I think I may have to actually make meshes myself for my mods as well, so that will require some significant Blender practice.

great job !
(just personnal feeling : there should be less ogres... and they could be bigger )

So, I took Ekmek's advice and decided to take a stab at the amazing unit conversion tutorial made by wolfdog. And now we've got a second Ogre unit for CiV! It uses the Aztec Jaguar animations.

Good work S3rgeus! Welcome to the 3D modding club. :goodjob:

Good work S3rgeus! Welcome to the 3D modding club. :goodjob:

Thank you! And I can't believe I didn't say thanks to you, Deliverator, for Nexus Buddy 2! Without your work on that and the nb2 file format this would all be impossible! :D

Thank you so much for making this! I like it a lot. Could you please transfer it - and your other fantasy units - to the new Fantasy Unit section in the Database?

may i borrow this in my mod. I might find a home for it in my genetic age as some kind of mutant or clone. Due credit to you of course. Further more maybe we can talk about how to make units, or retexture. I would love to make a terminator looking unit for sure. I would like to make several futuristic units. Or if someone has some futuristic units the would allow me to have for the mod it would be great. I am pretty much done with tech trees, working on buildings, then it will be units. after that various features like new level of roads, city graphic art. I have done icon art

may i borrow this in my mod. I might find a home for it in my genetic age as some kind of mutant or clone. Due credit to you of course. Further more maybe we can talk about how to make units, or retexture. I would love to make a terminator looking unit for sure. I would like to make several futuristic units. Or if someone has some futuristic units the would allow me to have for the mod it would be great. I am pretty much done with tech trees, working on buildings, then it will be units. after that various features like new level of roads, city graphic art. I have done icon art

Feel free to use this unit in your mod (and credit seZereth as well, he made the original CivIV model). If you're looking at learning to convert units, then check out this tutorial and most of the work done by deliverator and wolfdog to start with. There's a lot of time to put in for it (I did a decent amount of unrelated tutorials with Blender before I could competently follow and adapt to the tutorials), but it can be very helpful for your own mod and the whole community.

Top Bottom