Civ5 PDF manual is here!

Some errors here. Tradition bonus is different in text and table, etc.

Just finished skimming through, was pretty interesting to finally see what all the wonders do, and tiles/buildings/improvements :)

It doesn't say a thing about UN resolutions. That makes me sad. Those were really fun to use and if they're out I will miss them.

I find it funny that camel archers require a horse resource to build. Do the Arabians create their camels by strapping humps on the backs of horses? :)

I don't think i like this new victory condition. Wouldn't it mean that it would be possible to win the domination victory without fighting a single battle? If civ E get island start far away from everyone else, and the rest fight each other such that they all lose their capital (e.g. A capture B, C, and D's capital, then B captures A's capital), E will suddenly win the game? Perhaps without encountering even a single other civ, and even if E has the lowest score, tech, and military might? Isn't the domination victory supposed to be the military route to victory (as opposed to the cultural, science, and diplomatic victory conditions)? If we still have to at least get the last capital ourselves is still somewhat acceptable, but to be suddenly declared the world's dominant power randomly like this is just wrong.

That kind of reminds how Aussies got their first medal at winter olympics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmrmHiFVAw

Quality Assurance Team
Spoiler :

QA Manager
Scott Wittbecker
QA Lead
Grant Frazier
Testers
Michael Argo
Justice Avery
Matthew Beach
David Cerny
Daron Carlock
Jim Crawley
Pat Glascoe
Mike Lemon
Patrick Miller

Frankenstein Test Group
Spoiler :

Abyss
ainwood
AlazkanAssassin
arcan
bernie14
Bob Thomas
bobT
C.Roland
ChrisWithers
claudelu
colonelmustard
dacole
Dale
DanQ
danthrax
Dominae
ekmek
freakmon
GeneralMatt
Gogf
Grey Fox
Gyathaar
Hugin
Impaler[WrG]
jdog5000
jmoskie
jobe
Kael
karadoc
KillerClowns
Locutus
loki1232
Lord_Phan
magnus333
Meredith
Ming
monoha
Nikis-Knight
Nikolai
Nolan
notyoueither
OgreBG
Opera
Peachrocks
Pfeffersack
Primax
rah
robin-uiowa
Scott-DTA
seZereth
SirPartyMan
snafusmith
snoopy369
Solver
TheMeInTeam
totallycres
Valkrionn
Velociryx
vondrack
WarningU2
Wilboman
xienwolf
yin26
Ztaesek

I see lots of familiar names. :D
What exactly is the Frankenstein group though?

...I wasn't aware that list would be available yet. :eek:

Too bad the names haven't been updated yet. :p

The promotions are awesome :)
I especially like Charge, Cover and Heal Instantly, I can see how many more tactical options we have

The manual says "Coming shortly after release, it will be possible to download Mod-Buddy and the World Builder SDK" on page 195. This makes me think it wont be 6 months until they release the SDK - especially considering how much they've touted modability.

I think the manual is from a previous build. It says that a city can only work in 2 tiles in each direction... I thought it was confirmed that it was 3 tiles?

Thanks, Greg, it's so neat to have the manual already. What a way to "waste" my precious week-end ;)

Either the ranged unit explanation has typos or I do not understand it at all.
Ranged Units
Ranged units are units that can attack enemies in adjacent hexes and in hexes one or more
spaces away. The distance a unit can attack is determined by its “Range” statistic. The
strength of its ranged attack is determined by its “Ranged Combat” statistic. An Archer unit,
for example, has a Combat Strength of 7, a Ranged Combat Strength of 8, and a Range of
2. It can attack enemy units one or two hexes away with a Strength of 7. However, if an enemy
unit attacks it, it defends with its Combat Strength of 4.
??

damn you Valkrionn ... i hate you ...
if you just added me into regular team member earlier ...

grrr ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i guess this explains recent inactivity on RifE development

damn you Valkrionn ... i hate you ...
if you just added me into regular team member earlier ...

grrr ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i guess this explains recent inactivity on RifE development

.........I have nothing to say about extended periods of time where no patches were released.

:eekdance:

Thanks, Greg, it's so neat to have the manual already. What a way to "waste" my precious week-end ;)

Either the ranged unit explanation has typos or I do not understand it at all.

??

Even worse the tables at the back say the Ranged Combat Strength for an Archer is 6. ;)

I'm very surprised to see that all of the world wonders (with the exception of only two) give only one culture. Why so little culture from all world wonders?

Top Bottom